House Price Crash Forum

Shadow Minister Arrested

The Torygraph has demoted this story to thirteenth, and last, in it's list of the most important UK news items!

Telegraph UK News

More important are items like the Queen's cost-cutting exercise, Cherie Blair not in Strictly, Chef and Tart etc!

Are these stories really more important than this "outrageous attack on democracy", "the end of Parliament as we know it", "Stalinesque police tactics"?

So, what's going on here, Torygraph? Some reason why you're burying the story? Let the rest of us know - it's your duty to tell the world because this affair is 'in the public interest', is it not? You're not keeping anything from us, are you? Surely not! :rolleyes:

p

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr Parry
The Torygraph has demoted this story to thirteenth, and last, in it's list of the most important UK news items!

Telegraph UK News

More important are items like the Queen's cost-cutting exercise, Cherie Blair not in Strictly, Chef and Tart etc!

Are these stories really more important than this "outrageous attack on democracy", "the end of Parliament as we know it", "Stalinesque police tactics"?

So, what's going on here, Torygraph? Some reason why you're burying the story? Let the rest of us know - it's your duty to tell the world because this affair is 'in the public interest', is it not? You're not keeping anything from us, are you? Surely not! :rolleyes:

p

There's no point speculating. The facts will come out.

The third is Speaker Martin. He has lost the confidence of both the Conservative and Liberal Democrat opposition as well as a number of Labour MPs. Unless he has some good explanation as to why he failed to defend Parliamentary privilege he may find himself voted out of his post before the week is out.

Easier said than done, I think you'll find.

p

The headlines were all going on about "Mayday"

Telegraph even had 9 Questions about D.Green headline.

This is Masonic 'Wit' ie taking the piss out of the startled herd.

They are 'dutybound' to be a 'wit' as part of being a Mason.

Arrest reported 9pm 9 Officers 9hrs in nick.

So 9,9,9, - Apply "As above So Below" =

6 6 6

On the next 'level' May-day means

secret

Guest Mr Parry
The headlines were all going on about "Mayday"

Telegraph even had 9 Questions about D.Green headline.

This is Masonic 'Wit' ie taking the piss out of the startled herd.

They are 'dutybound' to be a 'wit' as part of being a Mason.

Arrest reported 9pm 9 Officers 9hrs in nick.

So 9,9,9, - Apply "As above So Below" =

6 6 6

On the next 'level' May-day means

secret

Get some sleep dude.

Pat- you ARE a sausage. :rolleyes:

This story is second photo story on BBC World News front page.

Exactly my point, KCI.

So why is the Torygraph, of all the rags, burying the story ?

SURPRISE, SURPRISE! THE STORY HAS JUST MOVED FROM NUMBER THIRTEEN AND LAST TO ....... GUESS WHERE ...... No 1 !!

Well, well! Who'd have thought that little ol' patprimer would have such influence on the mighty Torygraph? I'm impressed. Thanks.

p

....stick to your lower form of vocabulary ..suits you...obviously you have never heard of conversational narrative...apathy is for Labour voters searching for the fulfillment of promises never delivered...never mind ...this will continue....promises and boom and bang and bust.....you may have extreme parties in mind but democracy will return with a vengeance and sweep all the wasters aside... <_<

Conversational? <_< Don't make me laugh. Folk like you don't want a conversation. Firing off insults seems to be the standard form of exchange for you and most of your ilk.

John O'Connor, former head of the London police unit, the flying squad, told BBC Radio 5Live he found it difficult to believe the government didn't know about the investigation.

He said: "If the prime minister and the home secretary were unaware of this police activity - then they must be utterly incompetent.

"And if they were aware of it then that makes them really quite dangerous. So I think whatever way, whatever path they choose it doesn't put them in a good light."

Typical police style thinking. They are guilty of something no matter how it pans out :lol:

Guest Mr Parry
Exactly my point, KCI.

SURPRISE, SURPRISE! THE STORY HAS JUST MOVED FROM NUMBER THIRTEEN AND LAST TO ....... GUESS WHERE ...... No 1 !!

Well, well! Who'd have thought that little ol' patprimer would have such influence on the mighty Torygraph? I'm impressed. Thanks.

p

Well, the BBC have Ken Clarke on right now.

It's on the website.

Now Jackie Smith.

Let's see.

Exactly my point, KCI.

p

You know a lot of people you'd probably describe as right-wingers describe it as the Labourgraph? I would tend to agree with them.

The editor supported Labour at the last election. And when this story first broke, the first Telegraph article skimmed over the civil liberties/ police state issue and concentrated instead on whether or not Green would keep his job. It was really quite pathetic

You know a lot of people you'd probably describe as right-wingers describe it as the Labourgraph? I would tend to agree with them.

The editor supported Labour at the last election. And when this story first broke, the first Telegraph article skimmed over the civil liberties/ police state issue and concentrated instead on whether or not Green would keep his job. It was really quite pathetic

Agreed. Since it was bought by the dodgy Barclays brothers, it has done nothing but kiss up to the government. Of course this has nothing to do with the Barclays designs on power and nothing to do with the quiet assistance this is getting from the government. Nothing at all.

On topic, Daily Wail are claiming that the police tried to entrap the MP. OMFG.

Anybody see Andrew Marr interview Jackie Smith.

Investigation initiated by Home Office, in fairness, because of a series of leaks.

Didn't know Green was going to be pinched.

Anyone believe this?

No.

It would be worse if she didn't.

Hopefully, someone will leak evidence that she knew and she will be forced to resign. If Cameron has any teeth whatsoever he should be able to take the home secretary's scalp for this.

no she won't she'll just say yeah whatever .... and stay in her job , much like Blair and Straw with Walter Wolfgang who was arrested as a terrorist when he heckled blair said yeah whatever.......

Which will encourage the government to commit more acts of terrorism....

Any bets that Cameron will die in a conveinent car accident before the next election? ..... if there is an election , or that he is taken to an MRSA ridden hospital (any of them) , in London by way of the shortest route with a small diversion to Glasgow?.

Few months ago. Darling announces in Parliament that interest rates were coming down. This was before this was announced by the BoE. The BoE are apparently not controlled by the Government. This announcement affected the markets instantly.

Last week Pre-budget report. Leaks showing new 45% tax rate in the future and a cut in VAT. Both turn out to be spot on.

Why does nobody question Labour about this ?

Why is there no dawn raid on Darling and Brown ?

Why is Brown not chased down the steps of #10 and shot repeatedly in the head by anti-terrorism officers ?

Using the police to investigate leaks - just about passable (even though there were no suspected breaches of the OSA)

But arresting the source of the leak (which presumes an arrestable crime has been committed)?

Arresting the MP?

What's the criminal basis??

If I start leaking information that the PCT I work for is putting patients' lives at risk, can I expect a raid from the Counter-Terrorist Police?

Anybody see Andrew Marr interview Jackie Smith.

Investigation initiated by Home Office, in fairness, because of a series of leaks.

Didn't know Green was going to be pinched.

Anyone believe this?

In this case I am certain that Smith knew that ther Head of the Home Office was going to ask the Met to assist in the leaks enquiry. What they may not have calculated is the crass, over the top manner that plod were going to carry out the investigation which would result in a Shadow Minister being arrested. Politicians and civil servants do not normally direct the actual operational work of the police. They rely on the senior coppers using their discretion in handling the matter. In this case someone either deliberately (ie the departing Head of The Met Ian Blair) or idiotically (ie the current acting Head of the Met Stephenson) failed to read the requirement properly.

As far as I can see this is the only reasonable justification the government can use and this is the defence I expect them to adopt next week. Stephenson will be hung out to dry.

The Speakers and Serjeant At Arms behaviour in the Commons is harder to explain but they are employed by parliament not the government. I expect both to be disciplined by MPs next week. The official opening of Parliament this week is likely to be a lively affair.