House Price Crash Forum

Brookside Forsale £600 K The Lot!

Mega

HOLA441

Had to suffer 23 years of plastic scouse bulsh*t from this hell hole in "Crocky park". Bought some years ago in the hope that it fame would mean a Q of silly bids. However the crunch & the fact that is slap "Bang" in the middle of a drug free fire zone means its a no sale!

Am told £600K gets you the lot.

Mike

HOLA442
Had to suffer 23 years of plastic scouse bulsh*t from this hell hole in "Crocky park". Bought some years ago in the hope that it fame would mean a Q of silly bids. However the crunch & the fact that is slap "Bang" in the middle of a drug free fire zone means its a no sale!

Mike

Is there still a body under the patio of number 10? I've lost track.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Joking aside, these seem very cheap at the Guide Price of £600k?

13 refurbished reasonably sized properties for £600k - that's just £46k each!

I would have thought it made more sense to sell them off individually - surely an owner occupier would pay more than £50k.

Unless the low Guide Price is just to get lots of publicity ( It's working! ) or is West Derby really that bad?

M21er

BROOKSIDE Close is the latest victim of the credit crunch.

Once one of the most famous addresses in Britain, the close is to go under the hammer for as little as £550,000.

Developers initially hoped to fetch £2m for the West Derby semi-detached houses and bungalows, including the infamous number 10, where wife-beater Trevor Jordache found his last resting place under the patio.

But with the credit crunch crippling the housing market, auctioneers Allsop have listed the 1980s red brick properties with a guide price of between £550,000 and £600,000.

Former Brookie stars today called on the council to buy them up as affordable housing to help families trying to beat the crunch.

The council said it would hold talks with its registered landlords to seek a buyer.

Former Brookside star Ricky Tomlinson, who played Bobby Grant, said: “It doesn’t surprise me they’re going for that. They’ve been knocked about a bit and they were a place of work, after all.”

The cul-de-sac has lain empty since the Channel 4 soap ended in 2003 after 21 years.

Developers bought the properties in 2005. All 13 were refurbished and it was hoped they could go for as much as £300,000 each.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

The L:esbo kiss!

I recall the early days were ok, the mum getting shitty because her daughter went on the pill to reg her periods...............the nub head who never got a job, then got one then shagged the bosses daughter then moved & got killed................the wife beater patio job...the taxi rape.

..................oh yes 23 years of how its not a Souces fault if he rob's/don't work.....................listern to them wine & bitch ...........!

Having lived with in 7 mis drive of the place my advice...........Don't live in Liverpool!...............Or Manchester..Etc.....................live in a quite Shire conrty!

Mike

HOLA4410
Former Brookie stars today called on the council to buy them up as affordable housing to help families trying to beat the crunch.

I was wondering if this would happen, heard of various northern councies toying with this idea.

Kinda disgusts me that if i was to go to an auction i might have to bid against some civil servant propped up by taxpayer funds.

Councils should only be able to bid on properties which have no other bids on them imo.

HOLA4411
I was wondering if this would happen, heard of various northern councies toying with this idea.

Kinda disgusts me that if i was to go to an auction i might have to bid against some civil servant propped up by taxpayer funds.

Councils should only be able to bid on properties which have no other bids on them imo.

Perhaps the former stars of Brookside could bid for the properties themselves and make them available as Social Housing?

At £46k per property they could charge reasonable rents and still make a decent return.

M21er

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Mike

The only time I ever watched it about 1996 , Sinbad was trying to get one of the houses at aution for a reserve of 40K,though I think he failed and it made 50K.13x50K =650K.(assuming a level of reality in the storey lines we are pre 1996 prices then.)