House Price Crash Forum

Hong Kong - A Hong Kong internet user has been prosecuted for posting a message on an online forum warning that a bank was facing financial problems, a news report said Friday. Jobless Leung Kin-wai, 34, was arrested by police after going on an internet forum to warn people to withdraw money from the Hong Kong-based bank, the South China Morning Post said.

Taken from the other place,

For my part gordon brown is a wonderful chap, doing what must be done and woolies is a solid retailer. :unsure:

I'm sure all internet sites are monitored to some degree, but I would think most security services personal would be bored to death reading a lot of what's on here. From my own point of view, the only thing that could come back to haunt me would be my horrendous grammar and spelling mistakes! :lol:

Hong Kong - A Hong Kong internet user has been prosecuted for posting a message on an online forum warning that a bank was facing financial problems, a news report said Friday. Jobless Leung Kin-wai, 34, was arrested by police after going on an internet forum to warn people to withdraw money from the Hong Kong-based bank, the South China Morning Post said.

For my part gordon brown is a wonderful chap, doing what must be done and woolies is a solid retailer. :unsure:

It's also illegal in this country too...

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/public/market_abuse.pdf

6. Dissemination – giving out information that conveys a false or misleading impression about an investment or the issuer of an investment where the person doing this knows the information to be false or misleading.

For example

A person uses an internet bulletin board or chat room to post information about the takeover of a company. The person knows the information to be false or misleading. This could artificially raise or reduce the price of a share and lead to people making the wrong investment decisions.

6. Dissemination – giving out information that conveys a false or misleading impression about an investment or the issuer of an investment where the person doing this knows the information to be false or misleading.

Oh good. That means we can heavily fine and imprison the hypsters and hucksters who've been lying throught their teeth about how property prices would not fall this year.

For example, we could jail the dissembler who said that claimed in January of this year that Scottish house prices would increase above inflation in 2008.

What sentence should we impose on those dissembling profiteers? I suggest that the fine should be set to equal the highest level of the average houseprice at peak; and the jail sentence should be indefinite, but no less than the amount of time that it takes average property prices to return to that level in real terms.

So, in my opinion, Richard Head of Allied Surveyors (third row of the rogue's gallery on the front page of this site) should be fined circa £200,000 and should expect to be eligible for parole in about ten years.

Sounds fair to me.

Edited by Bjørn

For example

A person uses an internet bulletin board or chat room to post information about the takeover of a company. The person knows the information to be false or misleading. This could artificially raise or reduce the price of a share and lead to people making the wrong investment decisions.

Fred Goodwin.

States in Apr (Ish) of this year RBS would not be needing to raise Capital. Less than 2 months later announces RBS has to raise £12 billion capital. Once this capital is in the process of being raised tells people this will put RBS on a firm footing to withstand any more turmoil. People invest in shares at £2ish. Capital share issue is complete. Shares collapse. Turns out RBS in fact require an input of over £20 billion in capital above and beyond this issue.

Why is Fred Goodwin not being prosecuted ? By the description above he seems to have followed this 'dissemination' to a tee.

For the purposes of this thread I will point out the above is a question based on the facts known to me - and not an accusation. ;)

The Ministry of Plenty of reported a rise in money supply, profits and job opportunites today. Hooray for Big Brother. The banks are as always the bastions of rectitude and moral leadership. Down with those who suggest anything to the contrary, and may they rot in room 101.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Singapore is a fair, strong and decent democracy, which is why I willingly agreed to have my compulsory haircut while passing through immigration on my recent visit and vowed never to drop chewing gum in the street. I also agreed never to question or criticise anything about Singapore, since it is beyond reproach and a just nation which respects all views, as long as they are the right ones.

"Being in a minority, even a minority of one, did not make you mad. There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad" - 1984

VP

Before I read Ali D's astonishing declaration of bankruptcy this afternoon (aka PBR), I wrote:

So, in my opinion, Richard Head of Allied Surveyors (third row of the rogue's gallery on the front page of this site) should be fined circa £200,000 and should expect to be eligible for parole in about ten years.

Now that I've seen the staggering enormity of the now inevitable explosion in national debt, and now that I've seen the absurdly overoptimistic growth projections by the Treasury, I now think that a Dick Head who dissembled for personal gain would become eligible for parole in somewhere between 15 and 20 years.

I wonder if 'they' read my message about borrowing a rifle and renting a flat near number 10 a few weeks ago? :ph34r: Btw get your money out of Nationwide as its going down like a sack of shi!t next year...

Edited by HenryWeston

goverment is bust....now let god to the bankers put me in jail...ff's what is the world coming too that you just can't say...barclays bank is bust.take all your money out now before its too late :lol:

ok i'm still free...when they put me in my holiday camp i will let you all know...do not let them rule you by fear...

Edited by BXLONDONMAN

The reason why some crank posting on a website isn't regarded as some crank posting on a website is because everyone knows the banks have more front than Woolworth's.

Excuse my language, I hate this word and I do try to be a Lady(most of the time), the government are C*nts, they are killing this country, they must thing we are fools - pre-budget report - 2 1/5% vat reduction, lot of difference that will make. I have a post for them 'stick it up your fiscal ****'. :angry:

There that's better. :lol::blink:

Singapore is a fair, strong and decent democracy, which is why I willingly agreed to have my compulsory haircut while passing through immigration on my recent visit and vowed never to drop chewing gum in the street. I also agreed never to question or criticise anything about Singapore, since it is beyond reproach and a just nation which respects all views, as long as they are the right ones.

VP

I went to Singapore last year, and was not asked to cut my hair!

But I think that might have been the case in Malaysia some years back!

Perhaps they thought I was some sort of "Guru", after all, I was not very smartly dressed!

Mr "Angry" made a comment about record tractor production!

That is exactly what the "news" is sounding like now! :(

The record tractor production is "good news", Comrade, and I welcome it!

I have always loved "Big Brother"!

We have ALWAYS been at war with EastAsia!

I went to Singapore last year, and was not asked to cut my hair!

But I think that might have been the case in Malaysia some years back!

Perhaps they thought I was some sort of "Guru", after all, I was not very smartly dressed!

Mr "Angry" made a comment about record tractor production!

That is exactly what the "news" is sounding like now! :(

The record tractor production is "good news", Comrade, and I welcome it!

I have always loved "Big Brother"!

We have ALWAYS been at war with EastAsia!

Wrong comrade. We have always been at war with Eurasia.

Off to 101. You will be stared at by Broons wee maniacal eyes until you submit. Now be gone.

Before I read Ali D's astonishing declaration of bankruptcy this afternoon (aka PBR), I wrote:

Now that I've seen the staggering enormity of the now inevitable explosion in national debt, and now that I've seen the absurdly overoptimistic growth projections by the Treasury, I now think that a Dick Head who dissembled for personal gain would become eligible for parole in somewhere between 15 and 20 years.

that's too soon he should get 50 years at least.. :lol:

Excuse my language, I hate this word and I do try to be a Lady(most of the time), the government are C*nts, they are killing this country, they must thing we are fools - pre-budget report - 2 1/5% vat reduction, lot of difference that will make. I have a post for them 'stick it up your fiscal ****'. :angry:

Dear Dolly,

You're my kind of woman. Can we meet? (assuming you're not bluffing).

VP

Dear Dolly,

You're my kind of woman. Can we meet? (assuming you're not bluffing).

VP

I doubt I am anyones kind of woman - I've lost almost everything I had - I live on the streets in my van.

I'm at Uni and I have a part-time job, so in some respects at least I won't lose my home.

It's a tough world for everyone and I think it's gonna get a whole lot tougher. :blink:<_<

I doubt I am anyones kind of woman - I've lost almost everything I had - I live on the streets in my van.

I'm at Uni and I have a part-time job, so in some respects at least I won't lose my home.

It's a tough world for everyone and I think it's gonna get a whole lot tougher. :blink:<_<

Congratulations for sticking with University despite what sounds like a nightmare.

VP

are you still free or are you in some secret thought jail some where near ? :huh::o ok i saw you walking down the road couple of hours ago :lol: