House Price Crash Forum

Buy-to-debt,,,landlords,,,are,loving It,,,

BXLONDONMAN

all the buy-to-debt, landlords are looking for bail outs...any ideas what the goverment can do for them....?

should all tax payers pay extra taxes to bail out these poor souls...s.o.s for the buy-to debt ind.

what can all the good people on HPC offer the buy-to-debt,,,landlords who are after your tax money.

please let me know what you would love us all to do for this lot ?

all the buy-to-debt, landlords are looking for bail outs...any ideas what the goverment can do for them....?

should all tax payers pay extra taxes to bail out these poor souls...s.o.s for the buy-to debt ind.

what can all the good people on HPC offer the buy-to-debt,,,landlords who are after your tax money.

in the good times they were just loving it,,by telling all ther freinds what they just made in the last month.oh yes my propertys only went up 50k last month..it wasnt bad i heard one freind tell me just last year.

when i went to see him in london.I asked him do you think property might fall he started :lol: at me thinking i was mad no chance he said,,i said i was coming back in 2009 march and i thought property would fall by then.

he wanted me to go and see a head sh**¨*...+ he thought i had gone mad,,,he said boom and bust were a thing of the past i thought oh :unsure: at the time...i going to see him next week oh yes i will be :lol: for sure.

really do you think they will pay.... :unsure:

I'm sure they wouldn't like to but the property owner receives all the benefits from owning the property, the tenant pays rent for this. the council tax/rates/poll tax or whatever should be down to the owner of the property. This would discourage disproportionate property ownership and make property more affordable for ordinary people who merely want shelter from the elements.

Land too

Ask Fred Harrison....

tax them properly

I'm sure they wouldn't like to but the property owner receives all the benefits from owning the property, the tenant pays rent for this. the council tax/rates/poll tax or whatever should be down to the owner of the property. This would discourage disproportionate property ownership and make property more affordable for ordinary people who merely want shelter from the elements.

Land too

Ask Fred Harrison....

Forget council tax, just tax the value of the land, 5% a year.

Would even allow you to reduce income tax.

all the buy-to-debt, landlords are looking for bail outs...any ideas what the goverment can do for them....?should all tax payers pay extra taxes to bail out these poor souls...s.o.s for the buy-to debt ind.

Arrest them and lock them away when they default.

Hard labour.

Arrest them and lock them away when they default.

Hard labour.

I see you also want to tax them for ther last penny come on wellandpower,,,even thaTs too much pain for you to dish out too them :lol: ok hard labour yeh i can do that, but to leave them with not a penny...well thats a penny too far for me to go :lol:

Edited by BXLONDONMAN

There's been a thread running on MSE where a BTL has been offered a fix at 3.99% for 5 years

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth....html?t=1292779

What do you make of that?

There is one really interesting answer on that thread:

I am tempted to fix but the gambler inside me thinks that if they cut another 1.5% like WTF? has been saying I rekon they might have to offer a fix even lower than this.

If then that did happen I could pass on some of the saving to my tenants.

Now, a lot of landlards will be thinking now's a great time to increase their margins.

But as the recession bites and there is less demand for rentals with rental prices falling in recent weeks we could see some very interesting HPC accelleration viz:

Those landlards with the good mortgage tracker deals and decent LTVs will be able to find tenants at reduced rents. Whilst, the poor sods suckered into the market through their own greed will find themselves coming to the end of fixed rate deals, unable to remortgage and facing life on SVRs. And simultaneously being undercut by the better-funded competition.

As this stimulates rent reductions, so renters will find themselves better off, better able to save (if they've still got jobs). And more johnny-come-lately landlards getting repossessed.

I'd looking forward to the headline: Asset values fall but yields no better.

What do you reckon? Or am I an eternal optimist?

There is one really interesting answer on that thread:

Now, a lot of landlards will be thinking now's a great time to increase their margins.

But as the recession bites and there is less demand for rentals with rental prices falling in recent weeks we could see some very interesting HPC accelleration viz:

Those landlards with the good mortgage tracker deals and decent LTVs will be able to find tenants at reduced rents. Whilst, the poor sods suckered into the market through their own greed will find themselves coming to the end of fixed rate deals, unable to remortgage and facing life on SVRs. And simultaneously being undercut by the better-funded competition.

As this stimulates rent reductions, so renters will find themselves better off, better able to save (if they've still got jobs). And more johnny-come-lately landlards getting repossessed.

I'd looking forward to the headline: Asset values fall but yields no better.

What do you reckon? Or am I an eternal optimist?

we will soon see what happens to asset values,,as to yields if they donT inmprove then asset values will drop like a stone next year....