House Price Crash Forum

Caught The Dead Cat

Letsdance

HOLA441

Saw the the stock markets plunge and decided to cash an endowment I took out in 1994 with Nat West.

Endowement seemed to be losing money every day quicker than my bath could empty water. 10k to 9k and last week 6k. Sh*t myself and threw in the chips on friday last. Got a cheque for 8k. Still lost money but pleased I'm out. Used it to pay off a BTL (sorry, I was in to BTL quite early so lay off the insults)

One for you guys, laugh at my expense. Got a phone call this morning from tenant about blocked drain. Unblocked at lunch time. What a s*itty job. Looked like chicken korma. Would have posted the pics but mods would delete on unsavory grounds.

Best wishes LD

HOLA442
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Saw the the stock markets plunge and decided to cash an endowment I took out in 1994 with Nat West.

Endowement seemed to be losing money every day quicker than my bath could empty water. 10k to 9k and last week 6k. Sh*t myself and threw in the chips on friday last. Got a cheque for 8k. Still lost money but pleased I'm out. Used it to pay off a BTL (sorry, I was in to BTL quite early so lay off the insults)

One for you guys, laugh at my expense. Got a phone call this morning from tenant about blocked drain. Unblocked at lunch time. What a s*itty job. Looked like chicken korma. Would have posted the pics but mods would delete on unsavory grounds.

Best wishes LD

Yeah, sorry about that, we've had the cat dewormed now.

HOLA443

it seems to be the ultimate bull trap right now - it's up and down in roughly the same ranges by the day/week.

it's probably going to be even more bullish over christmas, but then i think the markets will fall by another 20-30% as every company becomes no more mr. nice guy. followed by another 20% as the public sector also becomes no more mr. nice guy.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Come on DYIV, don't get bitchy. I know the score with HPC and I agree.

edit typo

I have no problem with landlords, it would be better if the more recent ones to the game could count, however.

HOLA446

haha on the korma issue i assume that you are a decent ll and forsee that if a tenant decides to get rid of the korma in the sink as opposed to the bin then it's you that is going to foot the bill should the drain need professional service.

always a risk on btl, and many don't see that people use their 'investment' as a home - but then if the tenent 'owned' the house he/she is renting they'd learn a valuable lesson not to stick korma down the drain due to the plumbers bill that follows.

expect more plunging :lol:

HOLA447
I have no problem with landlords, it would be better if the more recent ones to the game could count, however.

Well have a laugh at my expense.

New consumer unit July 400.00

PCB in combi boiler 180.00 in sept

Multi quik on toilet 20.00

Now!!!! the drains which I cleaned today

What next..........................

It was DSIGUSTING

HOLA448
haha on the korma issue i assume that you are a decent ll and forsee that if a tenant decides to get rid of the korma in the sink as opposed to the bin then it's you that is going to foot the bill should the drain need professional service.

always a risk on btl, and many don't see that people use their 'investment' as a home - but then if the tenent 'owned' the house he/she is renting they'd learn a valuable lesson not to stick korma down the drain due to the plumbers bill that follows.

expect more plunging :lol:

The korma is a nice way of saying erm......... watered down turd!!!!!! and sanitry towels

edit typo

Edited by Letsdance

HOLA449

It was DSIGUSTING

Christ. I've bought a new washing machine for this place, the landlord looks too forlorn for me to want to bother him with anything other than a cheque.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Was the washer in the deal?

I like to think that occasional good deeds give me better leverage in case of a rent review.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
I like to think that occasional good deeds give me better leverage in case of a rent review.

How does the LL know

1 You bought the washer

2 You will not take it with you if/when you go

3 If he takes responsibility for it you won't press him for a new one if it breaks

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
How does the LL know

1 You bought the washer

2 You will not take it with you if/when you go

3 If he takes responsibility for it you won't press him for a new one if it breaks

I'm obviously a better tenant than yours.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
How do you figure

She also bought a washing machine.

Ah, but does she do your laundry for you and polish the silver?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest Mr Parry

It was DSIGUSTING

People are LL's for different reasons. But for one thing, it ain't easy.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest Mr Parry
Thanx Mr P

Won't try to justify BTL as I expect to die in the next 40 years so time is tight.

I have done it for years!!

Whole heartedly agree with HPC

Don't for God's sake tell any of these fanatics, Let'sDance, but I bought a property last year slap bang at the top of the market.