House Price Crash Forum

Weston-super-mare

acceleratorhams

I rent on Knightstone Island a Redrow development on the sea front.

A friend of mine put a £10k deposit on the 3 bed pent house which was up for £392K. When he saw prices on the slide he pulled out and lost the deposit. They re-priced at £352K.

Unable to sell they were willing to accept offers. They had one at £200k who was able to proceed in 7 days. They accepted.

Many of the others here have been bought by people who were looking to flip them quickly. Oh dear!

The HPC proceeds at pace!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

A friend of mine put a £10k deposit on the 3 bed pent house which was up for £392K. When he saw prices on the slide he pulled out and lost the deposit. They re-priced at £352K.

Unable to sell they were willing to accept offers. They had one at £200k who was able to proceed in 7 days. They accepted.

Many of the others here have been bought by people who were looking to flip them quickly. Oh dear!

Girrrrt Lush!

Pay £200k for something worth £50k tops and an extortionate monthly service charge.

Ah well! At least you have a needle exchange and cheap young prostitutes close by.

• 4 weeks later...

My God! I know WsM very very well and no way are those new monstrosities on the old pool worth 392K!!! I assume that they were overpriced by 50% to start with as they were marketed as trendy, seafront chic homes. £200K still seems absurdly high to me.

I imagine those places are battered by the wind and salt water during the winter... If you rent, how do you find them?