House Price Crash Forum

Here's a little number I knocked up for printing on to a t-shirt. I'm guessing something this offensive would get you a few filthy looks in the current climate.

Still, loud and proud as they say. :)

Badger, you always cheer me up with your images. I still have the your Jeremy Beadle ones on my hard drive.

Keep 'em coming.

Not with interest rates at half the level of inflation.

OK lets have a look at some tangible assets;

Houses - down 15% and falling

Luxury cars - Porsche Cayenne 2006, 20,000 miles, cost £60k now £12.5k - down 80% in 2 years

Gold - down 25% from peak

Shares - Down 30% this year

Oil - down 50% from peak

Sugar, wheat, pork bellies, you name it, it's cheaper.

What did you have in mind - turnips?

At least money is only down 2% compared with CPI.

That's the whole point of deflation.

Are you a little professor of economics??? ;)

Guest LongBlackKilt
Here's a little number I knocked up for printing on to a t-shirt. I'm guessing something this offensive would get you a few filthy looks in the current climate.

Still, loud and proud as they say. :)

I think "Out of the red and into the black (they give you this but you pay for that)" would do it.

Then "we" really would be a Young country.

I must be a rare 'bird' indeed then as I could wear one! I probably wouldn't do though. I am also one of those rare females who loathes slogans and logos on clothes. In fact I loathe shopping. I look upon clothes/shoe shopping as a necessary evil. I own 3 pairs of shoes and 1 pair of slippers and 2 handbags. I haven't been to a hairdresser in about 15 years, I have a friend who trims my hair every few months.

'Loathes shopping....no hairdressing bills'...

Low maintenance......

I can hear HPC posters all over the UK humming 'Falling in love again', as their cursors swing over your PM button...

Sadly I think the people who will do the best out of the current crisis will be the ones who took on loads of debt and bought tangible things with it; they will see the debt burden reduced, either through high inflation or government handouts/pressure on the banks to 'forgive' loans, while those of us who scrimped and saved will see the value of our savings whither away. :angry:

Joke's on us. :(

People who have savings always imply that they have 'scrimped' or been 'prudent'. The suggestion is that they have had years of 'doing without'.

I prefer to think of them as people who were fortunate enough to earn more money than they needed for day to day living. I suspect that for many of them the 'more money' would more accurately be described as 'a lot more money' <_<

I have little time for those who have high incomes and all that goes with that including spare cash to save, who then have the cheek to moan about their lot on one of the very rare occasions when some market forces seem to be working against them.

Not with interest rates at half the level of inflation.

Interest on savings? Money for nothing and risk free in normal financial times. How much do you expect to be paid for doing nothing?

If you have a decent lump sum you shouldn't expect a decent return if you are not prepared to work in any way for that return.

I don't but my husband has which is probably why I don't need 'retail therapy' ;)

If you ever get too sore, fed-up with all that gagging, or fancy a gentle introduction into bum-fun, then I may be able to provide a suitable alternative.

And with three lots of tax credits and child benefit payments provided already, this little fella has more than made up in £s what he may lack in inches.

Less is the new more...

X

Y

Y

People who have savings always imply that they have 'scrimped' or been 'prudent'. The suggestion is that they have had years of 'doing without'.

I prefer to think of them as people who were fortunate enough to earn more money than they needed for day to day living. I suspect that for many of them the 'more money' would more accurately be described as 'a lot more money' <_<

I have little time for those who have high incomes and all that goes with that including spare cash to save, who then have the cheek to moan about their lot on one of the very rare occasions when some market forces seem to be working against them.

Not really, we have lived with our little one in a council flat, another on the way, no hols and sheer graft, pull yourself up from the boot straps trying to get a career that pays the average salary, forging a career - what thats worth now who knows - eating beans on toast and clothes from new look or next. Yeah we've lived a right life to save the money we've got, not due to any privileges.

Not really, we have lived with our little one in a council flat, another on the way, no hols and sheer graft, pull yourself up from the boot straps trying to get a career that pays the average salary, forging a career - what thats worth now who knows - eating beans on toast and clothes from new look or next. Yeah we've lived a right life to save the money we've got, not due to any privileges.

Well, firstly, my comments were not aimed at the likes of you. That should have been blindingly obvious <_< .

Secondly, you have a council flat. If I had not bought a place and managed to find somewhere very cheap to rent I might have been able to save. Who knows?

Thirdly, what are you saving for that justifies the life of abstinence that you live now? Whatever it is I hope that you eventually reap the fruits of your labour. Trouble is that most savers never know when to start spending. An awful lot of them leave a huge lump sum to their heirs.

Finally, to a man all the 'savers' I have known are/were miserable types who seemed to have gained very little in human terms from their 'prudence'.

Edited by Nickolarge
If you ever get too sore, fed-up with all that gagging, or fancy a gentle introduction into bum-fun, then I may be able to provide a suitable alternative.

And with three lots of tax credits and child benefit payments provided already, this little fella has more than made up in £s what he may lack in inches.

Less is the new more...

X

Y

Y

:lol::unsure::lol::unsure::lol::unsure: