House Price Crash Forum

Desperate Housewife Anthea Given Notice

TheUnknown

Desperate housewife Anthea given notice

Friday, 07 November 2008

LESS-than ‘perfect housewife’ Anthea Turner is in trouble with Waverley Borough Council after being told to demolish an illegally built £500,000 pavilion and tennis court at her Dunsfold home.

The TV presenter and husband Grant Bovey could be taken to court if they don’t comply with an enforcement notice demanding they remove the 72.7square metre complex, which was built without planning permission.

The luxury pavilion, which has a kitchen/sitting room, shower and lavatory, had already been built when they applied for retropective planning permission.

Permission was refused, but councillors heard the Astroturf tennis court, floodlighting and pavilion were still standing at the 50-acre Babins estate near Chiddingfold.

Meanwhile the couple have lodged an appeal, which, if it fails, means they have six months to comply. If they don’t, the council can take the couple to court – or even move in to destroy it.

A council spokesman said: “If the inspector dismisses their appeal then the notice kicks-in and they have six months to implement the requirements of the notice.

“If they fail to implement the notice this is a criminal offence and the council can then either prosecute the owners for failure to comply and/or take direct action and implement the requirements of the notice.”

Councillors refused planning permission in February because the development contravened planning policy to protect the countryside. After making a site visit they noticed a “substantial” unauthorised extension on the back of the main house.

Permission was previously granted for a tennis court, but in a different place.

Anthea, 48, who helped celebrate 50 years of the children’s programme Blue Peter last month, has been touring to promote her book The Perfect Christmas.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's her property - she should be able to build wtf she wants on it.

Entering NIMBY mode

yeh but, if we let this happen others will build things like nuclear power stations and dog meet caning factories in their gardens so be thankful we have planning permission!!1!

it's her property - she should be able to build wtf she wants on it.

Absolutely.

I happen to be Grant and Anthea's next door neighbor. I can assure you that you can not even see this Tennis Court and pavillion from outside her property. The whole thing is ridiculous - local council abusing their power as usual.

I myself am near completion of a set of three 50 X 150 ft high illuminated posterboards on 30 ' scaffolding rig. They are arranged so that they can be seen from the road, all ajoining properties and even from the air. On all of them is the catchy phrase

"I LIVE NEXT TO A FAILED BUSINESSMAN AND A LESBIAN - GET ME OUT OF HERE!" in 10 foot high neon pink and green lettering.

I am not expecting any planning objections.

Edited by sbn

Entering NIMBY mode

yeh but, if we let this happen others will build things like nuclear power stations and dog meet caning factories in their gardens so be thankful we have planning permission!!1!

The Anth is the epitome of British womanhood. Every woman who's been lovin' the boom property years is a bit of an Anth. There they go, running you down in their 4x4s, trying to figure out how to work their iPhone while screaming at the au pair to fix the individual video screens for the four kids in the back and arranging appointments with her personal trainer and highlights counsellor.

God they titsed me off.

Bye girls. :rolleyes:

Entering NIMBY mode

Couldn't agree more.

The solution is to build a nuclear power plant AND a dog meat canning factory

on Anthea's land.

The radiation from the plant will be used to kill the dogs, sterilise the meat

and melt the aluminum for the cans.

Now this is what I call energy conservation.

Entering NIMBY mode

WTF!!! You mean I can't generate my own atomic energy at home?

Absolutely.

I happen to be Grant and Anthea's next door neighbor. I can assure you that you can not even see this Tennis Court and pavillion from outside her property. The whole thing is ridiculous - local council abusing their power as usual.

I myself am near completion of a set of three 50 X 150 ft high illuminated posterboards on 30 ' scaffolding rig. They are arranged so that they can be seen from the road, all ajoining properties and even from the air. On all of them is the catchy phrase

"I LIVE NEXT TO A FAILED BUSINESSMAN AND A LESBIAN - GET ME OUT OF HERE!" in 10 foot high neon pink and green lettering.

I am not expecting any planning objections.

cool...are there accompanying fanfare sound effects?, and may i suggest a live video screen showing the very best from next door via cam

cool...are there accompanying fanfare sound effects?, and may i suggest a live video screen showing the very best from next door via cam

Not at this time of year!!! THis week the lettering is picked out in Green and red lasers with a Mortar and Rocket report every hour

Guest theboltonfury
I'd love to shag her, I bet she is a dirty cow who loves it up the **** :P

*Edit* Does that make me a bad person? I don't want to go to hell :(

there hasn't been a Blue Peter presenter as fit since.

Still, her husband is financially secure, so she'll not be worried

Guest skullingtonjoe

"I'd love to shag her, I bet she is a dirty cow who loves it up the **** tongue.gif

*Edit* Does that make me a bad person? I don't want to go to hell sad.gif"

Jesus Christ MR, you are one ******t-up geezer. Suggest you check into a sex addiction clinic asap (that is after queueing behind Jim Moore, erstwhile ruler of Inside Track and frequenter of sex addiction therapy sessions apparently!!)))