House Price Crash Forum

How Can You Win Against This Kind Of Spin?

copydude

HOLA441

File under Disinformation.

_45050917_pasmith226a.jpg

The Beeb had three main stories today.

'Millions will benefit from rate cuts.' (Not true)

Everyone's Happy according to Government Funded Report. (Highly Debatable)

And for an encore . . .

People 'can't wait for ID cards'

Jacqui Smith says public demand means people will be able to pre-register for an ID card within the next few months.

The cards will be available for all from 2012 but she said: "I regularly have people coming up to me and saying they don't want to wait that long."

I can't wait for what the Beeb will come up with next.

Link

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

And for an encore . . .

Jacqui Smith says public demand means people will be able to pre-register for an ID card within the next few months.

The cards will be available for all from 2012 but she said: "I regularly have people coming up to me and saying they don't want to wait that long."

Link

Yeah but what she meant to say was "i regularly have people coming up to me and saying they dont want to wait that long.......to boot the lots of us complete idiots out of power"

HOLA443

And for an encore . . .

Link

Next for the BBC\Labour headquarters "Labour leads the way is saving the planet.Ministers are overjoyed at forcasts from the IMF that the UK will have the biggest fall in GDP of any developed nation next year.GDP is expected to fall -1.3%,German can only manage -0.9%,the USA -0.7% and Japan a lacklustre -0.2%.Gordon Brown said ,"this is great news for hard none working families.Our carbon footprint will fall faster than any country in the world,delivering on our pledge.Even as i speak workers in car plants up and down the country from Nissan to the BMW mini plant have turned off all the lights and are at home with no heating on emptying their copper jars".Yvette Cooper looked overjoyed at the success."For 300 years the UK had dirty factories making things,this Labour government has shut all those factories in ten years,every one apart from the de-la-rue factory where we keep the printing press for £20 notes,unfortunately thats running 24\7 but we are hopeing to send it to China as we owe them 3 generations debts its prudent to send it there and let them print it themselves,after all we are a knowledge economy now"

Harriet Harmen the deputy PM was unable to comment as she was visiting the newly constructed gas chambers the governments flagship PFI project based in Tory marginals.Peter mandleson commented ,"we are leading the world on this.I was only saying to some associates on their luxury boat last week,you should get some sails on here".

Alister Darling said,yes this is good news,but we can do more,we can and must go further.We are providing £100 million to banks so that they can board up the windows in all the repo houses under the warm front scheme,and again delivering on our fuel poverty targets.In every community people are huddling together in sports centres,and halls,society is really coming together,it makes me think i bet this is how the people who built stonehenge used to live".The local government minister was unavailable as he was on long term sick on full pay,along with 97% of other local authority workers but the pathways to work sustainable communites 5 a day social inclusion worker said she would pass on the news to him at his holiday home in Bermuda"

HOLA444
1. 'Millions will benefit from rate cuts.' (Not true)

2. Everyone's Happy according to Government Funded Report. (Highly Debatable)

3. The cards will be available for all from 2012 but she said: "I regularly have people coming up to me and saying they don't want to wait that long."

1. Millions will benefit from the rate cuts. This is trivially true... the crux here is the omission. Nothing is said to quantify the benefit to millions, or the cost to many millions of others. I expect that we'd probably be OK saying millions if we consider only those who are in the direct employment of financial services companies.

2. Happiness is difficult to quantify. One thing that is interesting, however, is that when the government go out of my way to tell me that most people are happy, it makes me anything but happy - as I imagine it does to the vast majority who pay any attention whatsoever. If I need to be told how happy I should be, there's definitely something seriously wrong - and I should be worried. The whole "you're so lucky, you don't know how lucky you are" reminds me of the sort of thing a rapist might say to their victim.

3. The people who say saying that they don't want to wait for ID cards are the salesmen for the companies most likely to secure the extortionately lucrative contracts associated with this ill-defined project doomed to failure.

Edited by A.steve

HOLA445
HOLA446

A small point of inteest.

Often, when the government "messes up" we hear that this is due to the short term nature of politicians.

Yet..when something that massively benefits the politcos at the expense of everyone else wants to be brought in, they can and will spend decades over it. The latest wheeze with this is to get the kids involved so that it won't matter that the current population doesn't want the cards - over time the cards will be ubiquitous.

Someone is playing a very long game with this.

Who?

HOLA447
A small point of inteest.

Often, when the government "messes up" we hear that this is due to the short term nature of politicians.

Yet..when something that massively benefits the politcos at the expense of everyone else wants to be brought in, they can and will spend decades over it. The latest wheeze with this is to get the kids involved so that it won't matter that the current population doesn't want the cards - over time the cards will be ubiquitous.

Someone is playing a very long game with this.

Who?

...Or what???.... obviously lizard like aliens who live for centuries.

Just messing ......

Have a good look at the photo of Ms. Smith. Does she look convinced / committed? Or scared? Over to you, the power wielding voting public......

HOLA448
HOLA449

For those who don't know, Aaron Russo in America used to know Nick Rockefeller (one of the illuminati) and this man revealed a lot of secrets about what 'they' were planning for the world. He said they eventually want everyone chipped to have complete power over them....and surely ID cards are the next phase of that plan. Horrid stuff :(

However, if this is true (and I believe it as Russo made the film when he was dying of cancer and had little to lose) then the politicians are perhaps more to blame for this horrendous purge on our liberties - they are doing the dirty work for the scum elite.

HOLA4410
I post on an ID site (don't you just hate those single issue forums :lol:) and there's a chap who keeps trolling talking about how great ID cards are.

Turns out he's a 16 year old schoolkid - explains the simplicity of argument...

But this is where the "demand" will come from - 16-18 year olds used to giving away their information, already using biometrics at school, too inexperienced to see the real issues.

I find it quite amazing the amount of personal information that some younger people are prepared to "give away" for nothing!

Best of all, is the posting videos of minor "crimes" on you-tube, and then getting nicked for it! :o

HOLA4411
...Or what???.... obviously lizard like aliens who live for centuries.

Just messing ......

Have a good look at the photo of Ms. Smith. Does she look convinced / committed? Or scared? Over to you, the power wielding voting public......

Yesterday I started a thread on the look in her eyes but what with the goings on at the BoE it got buried. The look in her eyes is one of absolute fear / horror. Scary.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Without getting in to the various flavours of conspiracy on this, the balance of opinion is the surveillance industry itself is behind it - lobbying governments worldwide as they try to turn themselves in to a major industry.

They started in Britain with CCTV, jumped to America post 9-11 then used the Beijing games to sell themselves in to China.

It's an interesting story - basically China now has an itinerant travelling population of 50m plus workers who go wherever the work is. They can't be monitored via old-fashioned communist methods of getting the neighbours to spy on you, so China was sold the solution of mass-surveillance as a way of literally tracking huge swathes of the population.

So the police state was genuinely born. Coming soon to a town near you...

EDIT: Google "Police state 2.0" and "Naomi Klein".

Klein is an author and journalist, her books tend to have somewhat alarmist titles, but her articles are well-written and well-researched.

There's also a youtube link from an interview she did on US public access TV last year. Not the most credible of sources at face value (called Democracy TV or some such :lol:) but the content is enlightening.

I thought that was a new app "Google Police state 2.0 beta "

HOLA4414

"Big Brother loves you. Big Brother wants you to have one of these."

[Look into the eyes, not around the eyes....... 3,2,1...... you're under]

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Forgot to mention.... in reply to:

How Can You Win Against This Kind Of Spin?

Switch the telly off. It's sh1te anyway. Go on the net, or simply listen to local gossip only. Aunty beeb is dead.

But most of the population simply do not realise that there is an off switch on their TV, we are simply being programmed to be lied to on the BBC and brainwashed by adverts for crap on all the other channels disenting voices are wasted as they are lost amongst the spin and the general fluff that is pumped out to distract us from the real issues.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest pioneer31

Have you got one Jacqui?

Thought not.....

HOLA4421
For those who don't know, Aaron Russo in America used to know Nick Rockefeller (one of the illuminati) and this man revealed a lot of secrets about what 'they' were planning for the world. He said they eventually want everyone chipped to have complete power over them....and surely ID cards are the next phase of that plan. Horrid stuff :(

However, if this is true (and I believe it as Russo made the film when he was dying of cancer and had little to lose) then the politicians are perhaps more to blame for this horrendous purge on our liberties - they are doing the dirty work for the scum elite.

Worth putting a link to that:

Aaron Russo interview

I believe it.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

And for an encore . . .

Link

Exactly how is this ID card story 'spin'? They are merely quoting what Jacqui Smith has said, and then quoting completely contrasting views from the Tories, LibDems and others.

IMO the sort of people who read the BBC website are hardly going to be swayed by anything coming out of Jacqui Smith's mouth. Rather the reverse.

The more she spouts this kind of party-line stuff, the more a good many people can't wait to vote her out.

HOLA4425

[

Do you think she was dreaming at the time?

Do you think the members of our Government are actually morons or is it all alot more sinister than that?

I cannot believe they have the balls to stand up in front of us all and come out with some of this crap. I would love to be a fly on the wall at some of the cabinet meetings - surely they must be all having a good old laugh at just how thick the British population is to continue to fall for all their lies.