House Price Crash Forum

Krustie's New Advice Column In The Sun

She's still at it. Wonder when she will capitulate and finally eat her hat.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...icle1876697.ece

We are in a situation where there is enormous demand for housing and not a great deal of supply. People are not buying at the moment because they cannot get a mortgage or they think prices have further to fall. But I am convinced that when the figures bottom out there will be a rush of people wanting to buy.

The population is 5m greater than it was 15 years ago and we are building fewer houses than ever. We live on a tiny island where a huge proportion of the world’s population want to live. We are not a giant country such as America or Spain, where they have built and built.

I believe that when the banking problem is over prices are likely to go back up. If you don’t need to sell, sit tight.

(Location Location Location: Credit Crunch Special is on Channel 4 on November 17.)

(Location Location Location: Credit Crunch Special is on Channel 4 on November 17.)

Brown and Krusty have one thing in common: their lives and future legacies are based on HPI. Without it Brown's legacy will be the worst PM we have ever had. Without it Krusty will be forever remembered as a parasite.

They are also full of pride and will never eat hats or even apologise. Brown almost choked when he admitted that the 10% tax bracket fiasco was not thought out. Very proud people indeed. The poverty and economic ruin caused means nothing to them as they must be shown to have been right about HPI being our future, our national industry, our passion and the way to easy riches.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I bought my first flat in 1991 in Battersea, South London, during the last recession.

It eventually worked out fine. I sold the property in 1999 for £99,000. I had paid £72,000 for it and spent £8,000 on it so I made a profit.

Oh really?

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I think it might be worth trolling agony aunt Krusty with a letter seeking her advice.

Dear Krusty,

I am at a total loss what to do. On your advice off the telly I got big into property buying with some people called

inside track. They seemed very helpful, teaching me about the market and how through their sister firm easy access

I could buy off plan with big discounts from the developers. They even introduced me to some really nice people who

were able to arrange all the loans I needed, they didn't even ask for proof of income, in fact they even said I could just

say I earnt double as it wouldn't matter as I'd be a millionaire in weeks with all my instant equity.

Now I find that the properties I bought................

The population is 5m greater than it was 15 years ago and we are building fewer houses than ever. We live on a tiny island where a huge proportion of the world’s population want to live. We are not a giant country such as America or Spain, where they have built and built.

Excellent choice of countries there K. The sooner we follow the example of America and Spain the better.

"I always said there was unlikely to be a property crash unless there was an unforeseen global event. If the credit crunch doesn’t count as that, I don’t know what does."

That's right, you don't know what does.

"And if Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling couldn’t see it coming, how was I supposed to? "

Maybe they were advised of the likelyhood of it beforehand? Or realised it themselves and didn't think it wise to pronounce how short sighted they had been? Politicians lying? I wonder if that's possible?

Give up love. Go live your life out of the public eye and be thankful for what you've got. Every time you open your mouth you confirm your stupidity.

Dear Krustie,

My useless fat wife believes that property only ever goes up and despite me showing her the depreciation on that asset class using the heavily damped figures from Nationwide and Halifax. To make matters worse she promised to eat her hat if they ever did, I have now bought a straw boater for the purpose and she will not tuck in.

What will I do?

"Blaming me for the credit crunch is like blaming Jamie Oliver for obesity. Yes, he has probably encouraged people to eat more but he has also encouraged them to shop and eat wisely."

Sounds familiar? Krusty in The Times 18/7/08

"But it's plain silly to point the finger at these programmes for puffing up the property market, forcing people into taking out massive mortgages or into negative equity. Blaming such shows and their presenters for the present uncertain state of the property market is akin to blaming TV chefs for the great bulge in obesity. Jamie Oliver, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and the rest recommend healthy eating and responsible shopping - yet many people ignore their advice and binge recklessly. Likewise, I hope that I give sound advice rather than inveigling viewers into “get rich quick” schemes."

Interesting to see how her defence has developed. I think Krusty has been speaking to spin doctors in the hope of rescuing her reputation. The tried and tested strategy of accusing yourself of something ludicrous (causing the credit crunch) so that it can be easily refuted is a classic media strategy of politicians.

The tried and tested strategy of accusing yourself of something ludicrous (causing the credit crunch) so that it can be easily refuted is a classic media strategy of politicians.

Yes I noticed that.

Has Dave Cameron got rid of her yet?

Grrrr, if I was a woman I'd slap this b****

Sorry, but I reall, really would.

How many people are going to eb homeless and jobless becasue of witless wonders like this MILF?

I bought my first flat in 1991 in Battersea, South London, during the last recession.

It looked like prices had fallen as far as they were going to but they fell further still and my flat wasn’t worth what I paid for it.

It was also in the wrong area for me because all my friends lived in West London. Money was tight, I couldn’t afford to visit them and I soon realised it was the wrong property for me.

I was trying to be shrewd but I should have bought where I lived and where I loved. I couldn’t sell the flat and ended up in negative equity for four years.

It eventually worked out fine. I sold the property in 1999 for £99,000. I had paid £72,000 for it and spent £8,000 on it so I made a profit.

Nice work £19,000 / 8 years = profit.

I could have achieved that saving less than £200 month in a high interest account. She's ridden this boom on luck, but main stream idiots think she's some kind of property guru. Unfortunately that label will now stick with her and she'll ride out the bad times doing piece of sh1t media stuff like this, until the HPC is over.

Yes I noticed that.

Has Dave Cameron got rid of her yet?

Why would he get rid of her?

If he wins the next election I expect her to be elevated to the Lords and made Minister for Housing.

She'd fit in very well with the current front bench team. No experience of life, aristocratic connections, private education etc.

Lol,haven't heard that for long time, also Ms Jackson is desperate to sell here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CsCAt7E4mkI

:lol: Talk about 'on topic', not heard that one before.

I'm looking for her version of 'Summer (the first time)' from her excellent 'Caught Up' lp, but it does not appear to be on youtube sadly.

This fu one is better sound quality

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dHbStWgKw-A

"The fact that people move house is a core part of our economy. "

no it isn't

"If rates are brought right down, which a lot of people believe will happen, then we might have reached the bottom. "

like Japan 10 yrs ago?

"A lot of people can’t make the most of the falling prices because the mortgage they have been offered means they will end up paying more over the 25 years than if they had bought a more expensive house with a cheaper mortgage. "

is this meaningless drivel or what? how many people do you know on 25 yr mortgage deals that don't revert to SVR, Krustie?

"The important thing is to see at what stage you can get the right finances and then be very, very unemotional about your purchase. "

so why don't you do this?

Oh, will someone finally put this fat cow out of her misery and shoot the fu@#king heffer!!!*

*I'm not normally this personal, but she's really irritating me, more so than normal, and I think I got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. <_<