House Price Crash Forum

Well When Will The Crash Stop ?.....

However I haven't noticed much change in asking prices. The asking prices are still a sort of bench-mark, even if nobody's buying!

The asking prices are a tribute to denial and ignorance, laced with an optimism born of magical thinking.

Give 'em time, give 'em time......

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The asking prices are a tribute to denial and ignorance, laced with an optimism born of magical thinking.

hear,hear,......Denial,denial,,,you can hear the proud house owner...my house is better then every other house in my street..i dont need to sell they tell the ea...then they tel phone the ea nearly every day....

why have you, not got anybody intersted in my house,,, 2 weeks have passed...nobody has been around to see my house...why do they keep after the ea if they dont need to sell...

Why on earth put it on a falling market,,,are they all stupid or what....more and more propertys are coming on the market in london....LIAR loans and liars selling property at the moment..

the truth will out by march 2009,,,,,,

How much time? 2 years....four years....ten years ? if the market is stagnant,it may take a long time for prices to drop to their real level (if there is suh a thing).If banks and the government think up some whizz idea to keep prices afloat albeit temporarily,where does that leave potential buyers.Life only lasts so long...

How much time? 2 years....four years....ten years ? if the market is stagnant,it may take a long time for prices to drop to their real level (if there is suh a thing).If banks and the government think up some whizz idea to keep prices afloat albeit temporarily,where does that leave potential buyers.Life only lasts so long...

next year the big drop,,you will see...it will start from march onwards....march 2009 HPC will be here with brass knobs on it..

I think that this time is different to the last crash. The 1988 crash was regional. The main regions effected were London, the South East and East Anglia. It took ten years for London prices to recover to the 1998 peak.

indices_83_95.jpg

indices_83_08.jpg

Peak to trough last time took about five years and for the worst hit region represented a drop of 35%.

I think:

This time, all regions are going to be hurt - if you talk to a lot of Northerners, they don't get it, they don't believe that prices can fall, unless they are old enough to have first hand experience of the '70s crash.

The biggest drop, which will be in Northern Ireland is going to be massively more than the worst region of the last crash, and 35% could well be average for the UK as a whole.

Inflation is low, if that continues, then the time span could be a lot longer.

I also think that there is a high probability that as we start to emerge from this cycle we will hit a wall as oil depletion cuts in with consequent large rises in fuel and food costs.

I think that unless you are planning to buy hundreds of properties, it makes sense to focus on your local market - the UK market is not homogenous. It probably makes sense to look for and only buy a house you are happy to be in for a long time and buy it when prices have not fallen for at least two consecutive quarters.

Charts are based on Halifax regional data.

post-10565-1226059809_thumb.jpg

post-10565-1226059834_thumb.jpg

When unemployment rates level off-and it hasn't even started fully yet.

how right you are...its coming HPC next year...this is the tea party, just to get every one in the mood for, the main event next year...

the falls of this year are only the start,,,have a nice xmas and a happy new year..then start looking feb onwards you will all see the falls...

good luck to all ftbs and all the people, that liar loans priced out...happy property hunting next year,,,

for all off you who are about to lose your homes ,,,and its not your fault i am sure we all feel for you....such is life.

i hope you get as much help as the banks have got..

Edited by BXLONDONMAN

It isn't over till the fat lady sings.

And she ain't even on stage yet.

Fact, she isn't in the building yet.

Come on Kirsty - give us a song !

So BXLONDONMAN

You want to press your views on this site without posting credentials or history or even your background or why you are posting your cystal ball view of the whole of the World economy.

Nice try.

As I said before - you need to linger here a bit.

You sound like a "spook" to me.

I say again - you are dealing with very, very clever people on this website - they won't buy your bite.

Who are you?

What's your background?

Why do you believe what you do - what evidence do you have?

Folks on this site need evidence - we don't just comment for the hell of it - unless we've had a few glasses of wine and are being nice to newbies.

'linger here a bit'? 'spook'? :ph34r::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

i have to agree its not going to happen this year...by march 2009 things will start to happen...by the end of 2009 i reckon we will be nearly there or very close to being there...... ;)

i wonder if one can get a price from the bookies of how bad a HPC ther will be...

i wonder what the odds for 50% by the end of next year....just look at N.I. what happend ther this year...

the market changes in a flash...in property prices a flash is between 6 months to 18 months for a big drop or rise...

Look at the Morgan Stanley derivatives - unlike the "experts" in the Times earlier in the week, the derivatives are based on what people are prepared to buy to hedge their risk - so they are likely to be worst fears.... and currently pricing in anther 35% drop, on top of 15% we have already had.

Well a drop of 1.5% in BOE rate would suggest things are about to get much worse, personally I think come early next year there will be, literally, a cull of the UK workforce before next financial year.

Fear and pessimism now rule the day and will in themselves create a drastic downward spiral, so much for being human eh!

What's needed is a good boom (not property) to restore some confidence, the really annoying thing is that there are so many HUGE advances on the cards but with investment drying up how will they come to fruition?

Home ownership is in a multicentury bull market.

All those who don't like the prices are bullish on ownership, except your free spirited rent brigade.

Home prices will ebb and flow between under and over priced.

precise speculation will require wads of cash and immortality.

Look at the Morgan Stanley derivatives - unlike the "experts" in the Times earlier in the week, the derivatives are based on what people are prepared to buy to hedge their risk - so they are likely to be worst fears.... and currently pricing in anther 35% drop, on top of 15% we have already had.

Link please. Would love to see those MS figures.

Well a drop of 1.5% in BOE rate would suggest things are about to get much worse, personally I think come early next year there will be, literally, a cull of the UK workforce before next financial year.

Fear and pessimism now rule the day and will in themselves create a drastic downward spiral, so much for being human eh!

What's needed is a good boom (not property) to restore some confidence, the really annoying thing is that there are so many HUGE advances on the cards but with investment drying up how will they come to fruition?

ONE OF THE BIG EVENTS OF 2009 will be the credit card crash.....too many people have maxed ther cards just to keep the roof over ther heads..

cheap credit card deals of 0% credit transfer are over...sadly the truth of living in never,never land of cheap & free credit are in the past now..

i say sadly ther are people amoung us, who truely belived the life they lived on credit. would go on for ever on the back, of ever increasing property prices...

ONE OF THE BIG EVENTS OF 2009 will be the credit card crash.....too many people have maxed ther cards just to keep the roof over ther heads..

cheap credit card deals of 0% credit transfer are over...sadly the truth of living in never,never land of cheap & free credit are in the past now..

i say sadly ther are people amoung us, who truely belived the life they lived on credit. would go on for ever on the back, of ever increasing property prices...