House Price Crash Forum

Portsmouth And Surrounding Areas!

dealornodeal

It appears that Sellers, and Estate Agents havent yet got the message that property prices have fallen. In Portsmouth

Property prices are up for sale on average 2006/7 prices. Some have been on their books for up to 9 months. And as you pass the estate agents they are empty?

Edited by dealornodeal

It appears that Sellers, and Estate Agents havent yet got the message that property prices have fallen. In Portsmouth

Property prices are up for sale on average 2006/7 prices. Some have been on their books for up to 9 months. And as you pass the estate agents they are empty?

Cant comment for anything west of Portsmouth but just 15 mins east of portsmouth in West Sussex Chichester still in denial however signs of people waking up to reality with this just east of the city

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-234...p;mam_disp=true

(Doubt we will buy another recently built house again & location not right for us !)

This being stark contrast to http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-222...p;mam_disp=true

(Bet you cant find a dearer 1 bed non sea view property in portsmouth - LOL)

Appreciate the links above relate to a few miles east but prices patterns can spread.

Colleague lives in fareham and he reckons theres better value realively in hants.

Edited by CHICHESTER WAITING ROOM

I keep a look at PO11 (south Hayling Island) and I've been seeing plenty of drops with property-bee, don't know average, but many are dropping by 10%-20% - particularly the expensive ones (£300K+). Also increase in rentals with some serious drops in prices and places hanging around for sometime (again 10%+ drops on many places.

Last couple of days, suddenly far fewer properties on RM (like 30% less). Looks like Keighley-Lund have stopped posting on RM (also their website is dead) - have they gone belly-up? These guys bought Raven Estates about a year ago, after Mr Raven topped himself.

Anyone else notice fewer properties on RM?

Edited by Pants

Looks like they are getting the message to me:

http://www.home.co.uk/guides/asking_prices...&lastyear=1

here one on the way down

http://www.home.co.uk/search/price_info.ht...perty=494220112

sale volumes are terrible

http://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_...&lastyear=1

I'm looking for a place around this area, and I have initially looked at Waterlooville only because it's far cheaper than other areas. I would consider Emsworth, and places like that, but I would much rather have a larger house in a different area.

Prices in Waterlooville, have dropped quite a bit, however they are still silly asking prices (75% or more of the houses). I'm looking for a detached with garage, and am looking to pay circa £170k max (preferably less).

To date, I have offered £130k on a repo (needs £15-25k worth of work). It was declined, and they wanted £140k. The initial asking price was £165k. It was sold in 2005 for £210k. Quite a large house, and I do like the house, although it's bordering the rough estate, despite the postcode being in an 'ok' area.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm looking for a place around this area, and I have initially looked at Waterlooville only because it's far cheaper than other areas. I would consider Emsworth, and places like that, but I would much rather have a larger house in a different area.

Prices in Waterlooville, have dropped quite a bit, however they are still silly asking prices (75% or more of the houses). I'm looking for a detached with garage, and am looking to pay circa £170k max (preferably less).

To date, I have offered £130k on a repo (needs £15-25k worth of work). It was declined, and they wanted £140k. The initial asking price was £165k. It was sold in 2005 for £210k. Quite a large house, and I do like the house, although it's bordering the rough estate, despite the postcode being in an 'ok' area.

Hey Jason we are looking in the pompey area, are you still looking?

Well sort of, although the vast majority of asking prices are still way too high. Auction prices are much more my level... What sort of place you looking for?

Agree with you there about the asking prices, the houses that do look reasonable priced need truck loads spent on them, which once done brings them up to the rest of the over inflated prices anyway.

We have been looking for about a year now up to £150,000.

I have made several offers that have been declined, and had couple nearly accepted until the agent tells me , that a the last minute higher bidder has come in & would i like to increase our offer. :angry:

Been to a few auctions as well.

To be honest, I was so close to buying a house about two months ago. It was a repo, 4 bed detached with garage drive etc... needed about 20k work doing to get it to the previous standard, plus another 10k for my likings. The asking price was 162k and was going to go in around 140k ish....

Did shed loads of work, and it was near weacock farm area. Infact it was the last house before you enter the ghetto...

I decided I would let the price decide if I get it or not, so offered £130k. The agent originally said an offer on mid 150s was on the table, but later said he could push 140k for me :lol: .

Now it's been sold, I assume for 140ish... The house was fine, but was worried when I sell in the future no family would want to move near the 'hood'.

I'm after a sea view flat in Southsea but prices will need to drop around 50% before I look at it seriously. There are a quite a number of homes that have been for sale for over a year but they change estate agents or relist so property-bee doesn't count them. I'm noticing more and more homes for rent as well as sale so looks like people are still in the denial stage regarding prices.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else notice the agent who is having loads of END OF YEAR PROPERTY SALES

END OF YEAR PROPERTY SALE-SATURDAY 13TH DECEMBER- AT NORTH END, PORTSMOUTH OFFICE - CURRENT PRICE £190,000 - BUY ON THE DAY PRICE £180,000 - MASSIVE SAVING £10,000!

Do people really fall for this?

• 4 weeks later...
To be honest, I was so close to buying a house about two months ago. It was a repo, 4 bed detached with garage drive etc... needed about 20k work doing to get it to the previous standard, plus another 10k for my likings. The asking price was 162k and was going to go in around 140k ish....

Did shed loads of work, and it was near weacock farm area. Infact it was the last house before you enter the ghetto...

I decided I would let the price decide if I get it or not, so offered £130k. The agent originally said an offer on mid 150s was on the table, but later said he could push 140k for me :lol: .

Now it's been sold, I assume for 140ish... The house was fine, but was worried when I sell in the future no family would want to move near the 'hood'.

On the market at less then £155k now. In the future, many families won't have a choice but to live in Wecock.

Which rough estate? I was bought up in Purbrook/Waterlooville.

On the market at less then £155k now. In the future, many families won't have a choice but to live in Wecock.

lol...

That house had a second mortgage with RBS I think, and so they forced it to be sold through a different estate agents. Still on the market with two agents, and it is slowly getting vandalised by the locals. I even found the chap who used to live their through my contacts, and he was in serious debt - in fact the house price wouldn't even pay off the unsecured debt.

I would say prices are now coming down nicely, assuming I could get a least 10% off, there are some good value homes on the market. I do think prices will fall further though...

Jacksaw, yes, I've seen the sale with one estate agent. It was so successful they have extended it! I've also noticed an agent add about 100 already listed houses, then removed next day. Clearly, they did this so it emails all those with email notifications set up.

Guest skullingtonjoe

At that point is there any reason to live? :rolleyes:

Wecock Farm- you know, all the bird road names off Eagle Avenue.

Got it

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=e...;g=linnet+close

Never went there when I was younger - although heard a few things about it. I used to go to Purbrook Park many years ago. This girl was in my class.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/246926.stm

I remember that murder case- we used to go to that pub during lunch breaks from college.

Pearsons are the busiest agents in terms of re-listing week after week-I reckon they know about the bee! At least they're trying, but perhaps they should try lowering the prices!

Said house has now gone SSTC. If you see how much it actually sells for (as it's a repo they have to advertise), i'd like to know...!

My friend will be moving to Portsmouth. She's been telling me to move there too but I'm quite hesitant. What specific residential area of Portsmouth can you guys recommend? what are the average prices of properties there? My friend is in Queen Street but I also want to consider other beautiful areas.

There's good areas in Portsmouth now?!