House Price Crash Forum

Offer 30 Per Cent Less..........

YES we must all start to do this.

To offer 30 per cent less then the asking price.

IT will bring the ea and owners to the new reality.

yes folks its here H.P.C.

if we all start to make these offers.

Then we will see bigger drops in prices.......

Try it you will have some fun + you will be doing good :P

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a reverse cartel with a regional group of HPCers.

Find a property you want to buy and send in the viewing troops to soften the vendors up by offering 50% reduced offers (not all the same price, have some creativity). Come in on your shining charger and offer 35% below and hope they snap your hand off :lol:

Obviously I only mention this with tongue in cheek ;) as its probably illegal.

If you are going to play this game, then offer 40% off in todays market. Maybe next year when prices have fallen offer 30% off and the year after 20% off and so on.

Since this all went Pete Tong, I have put in one offer on a property that we really liked and that was - 40%. They came back with -12%, then -20% and we have flatly refused. Maybe we would do a deal at -35% because we liked it but I am in no rush and we take comfort and confidence that we will witness many, many good deals within the next two years.

Stick to your guns.

Someone quite rightly posted on this forum that if you are not embarresed by your offer, then it is not low enough.

Bosh

Obviously I only mention this with tongue in cheek ;) as its probably illegal.

I wonder why this would be illegal? What would be the charge? Is the problem that you are misrepresenting an offer to buy - making the offer fraudulent? Would this really be the case if the real buyer was willing to buy from his associate if his associate achieves the lower price?

Is the key to making this work to always submit offers anonymously through an intermediary? Is this a viable business opportunity - buyer focused negotiators?

I'd pay £100 to have the upper hand in negotiating a price on a £200K house... to distance myself from the deal and avoid the owner trying to infer that I can be stretched to a better offer.

IMO it will be 1st-2nd quarter of next year before sellers understand that houseprices are going to continue to fall. I'm stil hearing too many people talking about houses prices will be back to where they were by this time next year.

Gordon Browns attempts to take lendings back to 2007 levels have just re-enforced these opinions and therefore I think people at wasting their time with these sort of offers.

Come Feb 2009 though Agents will be desperate for sales to stay in business, the recession will be in full swing, Bank's will be announcing they yearly figures and I suspect that 40% of todays asking prices will not be unreasonable

I am slowly building a bid list of houses that I would like to buy at the right price. The list is up to 4 houses so far.

I am only looking at vacant houses that are ladder free.

I am bidding between 40% and 50% below the guide prices and sending out my list fortnightly to the estate agents with the committment to exchange within a couple of weeks and the understanding that I will only buy one of the houses on the list.

They are not happy that I am adamant about where I see value (both absolutely and relatively) and that I am quite fortright about telling them that they no longer set prices, buyers do.

Needless to say, I am not the most popular buyer out there but I might be more popular soon if this all unfolds the way that most of us expect it to.

To date, I haven't found anyone who is willing to sell at my prices.

YES we must all start to do this.

To offer 30 per cent less then the asking price.

IT will bring the ea and owners to the new reality.

yes folks its here H.P.C.

if we all start to make these offers.

Then we will see bigger drops in prices.......

Try it you will have some fun + you will be doing good :P

yea, great idea.

We could all follow these people who want to sell their houses around hoping they have a nasty motorvehicle crash allong some deserted stretch of road.

Sustaining some really bad injuries, alive and concious but unable to drag themselves out of the wreckage.

eh!.

Then we'll just drive/ride up to them and ask them if they would like us to phone for an ambulance.

BUT we wont actually phone for one, he he.

We then drive off, and some other HPC bod comes along and asks them if they want an ambulance.

"Yes", they say, I thought someone was phoning already, he, he.

Then that HPC bod just drives off up the road. he, he, he, he, he.

WE ALL KEEP DOING THIS until the people in the wrecked car, THE ONES WHO WANTED TO SELL THEIR HOUSE, are coughing up blood, going into shock, twitching and spasming around the place, just moments away from dying.

We then phone up all the HPC @rsewhipes who came along previously to come back to watch them finally kick the bucket.

Then all you worthless **ckers can put an offer in to their estate.

Grow up you silly sods!.

B)

I am doing this myself if for no other reason than it keeps you alert to the psychology of agents and vendors and seeing that change over time is useful direct knowledge on which to choose your moment to strike. All those looking to buy a house should bid low (30% under asking) and undermine the false confidence and denial that is currently supporting the market. We might be few, but we are not few compared to the number of bids being made and a small hole can (with a little time) bring down a big dyke. Once people see similar properties being sold at significant discounts, they'll panic and sell, just like the participants in the stock market.

Shatter the illusion.

IMO it will be 1st-2nd quarter of next year before sellers understand that houseprices are going to continue to fall. I'm stil hearing too many people talking about houses prices will be back to where they were by this time next year.

I agree. Too many people are unwilling to admit that house prices were hugely inflated by a perfect set of economic conditions (low interest rates, low unemployment, confidence, overly-confident banks.) We have entered a recession, there is going to be widespread unemployment, I am certain.

What we need is a flip in the attitude. At the moment they think house price declines is a "blip" and they will soon pick up. In a few months they will start to realise prices are going to continually fall, then stagnate. When this happens it will be an effort to offload as quickly as possible, especially by the 'BTL aspiring business people', who i have a particular dislike for.

Can't wait.

To Mr Luke Skywalker :

It is always hard to interpret the tone of comments on the internet.

I have seen property transactions in California take place at much lower than 50% off asking prices. We seem to be 6 to 12 months behind California which is the epicentre of this unfolding disaster.

I am willing to play the long game. It will be a while before we know whether 50% below asking prices is reasonable or not.

The reason for 30 per cent less ?

Well its i think a very good starting point.

Plus ea will need to think about the offer.

when the offer is given to the owners.

so the next property is fairly priced.

When they want to take it on.

If you say 50 per cent less.

you will not get them to play ball.

At a later date when the market does come down.

offer what you like see what they say.

Get them to see the hpc .is here now.

make a offer they will think about.

YOU dont have to buy just test the market.

do it often you will see the effects .

markets can change in a very short time.

good house hunting :lol::P

PEOPLE please dont forget who pushed property prices up like this dont feel sorry for ea.

what about all the people who have been priced out in the last few years because of the ea and crazy loans. they were forcing people to take.to get into the property scam..

Pay back thats all a house should be a home not some money making machine.

Bring the new reality home to ea.hpc is here :P

yea, great idea.

We could all follow these people who want to sell their houses around hoping they have a nasty motorvehicle crash allong some deserted stretch of road.

Sustaining some really bad injuries, alive and concious but unable to drag themselves out of the wreckage.

eh!.

Then we'll just drive/ride up to them and ask them if they would like us to phone for an ambulance.

We then drive off, and some other HPC bod comes along and asks them if they want an ambulance.

WE ALL KEEP DOING THIS until the people in the wrecked car, THE ONES WHO WANTED TO SELL THEIR HOUSE, are coughing up blood, going into shock, twitching and spasming around the place, just moments away from dying.

We then phone up all the HPC @rsewhipes who came along previously to come back to watch them finally kick the bucket.

Grow up you silly sods!.

B)

You just dont get it do you.

ALL these people you think need help have taken the rug out from under honest hard working people by playing along with the ea.

to push up and up and up false prices for the great house price scam.

If you feel so sorry for these suckers get brown to bail them out or the ea to help them out.

Where was you when the ea were pushing up prices and these suckers where buying like it was free candy.

You need to grow up, people need to know the down side of scams this was one put on us all by ea and the goverment.....

H.P.C. is here ok,,,,,,

We i am sure all feel sorry for the poor familys losing their houses but we are not the cause...

We all get scamed out of the property market then people like you want to copare us to to yourselfs...

Look in the m see youself you are a ea for sure dont feel so sorry for yourself.............

yes pay back for ea not anything else get a grip :)

I am slowly building a bid list of houses that I would like to buy at the right price. The list is up to 4 houses so far.

I am only looking at vacant houses that are ladder free.

I am bidding between 40% and 50% below the guide prices and sending out my list fortnightly to the estate agents with the committment to exchange within a couple of weeks and the understanding that I will only buy one of the houses on the list.

They are not happy that I am adamant about where I see value (both absolutely and relatively) and that I am quite fortright about telling them that they no longer set prices, buyers do.

Needless to say, I am not the most popular buyer out there but I might be more popular soon if this all unfolds the way that most of us expect it to.

To date, I haven't found anyone who is willing to sell at my prices.

best of luck mate! this is my strategy too but looks like going into a new rental contract so cant play this game for another 6-12 months

i tried it on an ea to get 20% off. they weren't too impressed so agree they do need to be knocked off their overconfident delusion of reality

yea, great idea.

eh!.

Grow up you silly sods!.

B)

:lol::lol::lol:

Is that fear I can smell?

THE ONES WHO WANTED TO SELL THEIR HOUSE, are coughing up blood, going into shock, twitching and spasming around the place, just moments away from dying.

I won't be buying until the corpse is heaving with maggots :lol:

I think now with unemployment kicking in and those that were on 40K to 50K with 200K mortgages now being laid off and chasing unemployment benefit or 15K or less jobs, this is where the big drop in prices kick in. Presently with fear of unemployment and recession there isn't going to be a rush of buyers but a rush of sellers. We are ehading to big BUST territory.

I wonder why this would be illegal? What would be the charge? Is the problem that you are misrepresenting an offer to buy - making the offer fraudulent? Would this really be the case if the real buyer was willing to buy from his associate if his associate achieves the lower price?

Is the key to making this work to always submit offers anonymously through an intermediary? Is this a viable business opportunity - buyer focused negotiators?

I'd pay £100 to have the upper hand in negotiating a price on a £200K house... to distance myself from the deal and avoid the owner trying to infer that I can be stretched to a better offer.

You can make a offer any time,you can choose not to buy before exchange of contract.

Many a seller used to stiff the buyer by sayying the eas has had a higher offer can you match it just before exchange of contract.

I know to offer is not illegal who says you can not pull out or change your mind only eas think that. :lol::lol::lol::P

ALL eas wellcome to hpc this is our world :lol::lol::lol::P

Come all you eas join us in lowering prices to 3.5 income level ;)

I think now with unemployment kicking in and those that were on 40K to 50K with 200K mortgages now being laid off and chasing unemployment benefit or 15K or less jobs, this is where the big drop in prices kick in. Presently with fear of unemployment and recession there isn't going to be a rush of buyers but a rush of sellers. We are ehading to big BUST territory.

I agree, but don't think speed of price crash will increase.

Crash cruise speed (already the fastest ever) should continue, reckon we'll be 25% to 30% down from peak by November 2009. In historical terms that is the biggest bust ever, expecting more is unrealistic.

Also Darling's going to bust the pound to try to spend his way out of this hole, so need to consider that at some point this stupidity will begin to have an effect, in pound terms at any rate. Watch wage inflation like a hawk - any sign of a rise will be a sign to start looking for a house. I still reckon nothing they do will have any effect for another year, hence the Nov09 target date.