House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Thinks The Electorate Is Utterly Stupid

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
No idea who it was, but they just interviewed a guy on bbc news 24. "House prices have already fell 15% and we are in for at least another 20% but there is a chance they will half" Also in for a 12-18 month recession :o

Will Hutton, he has been very bearish the past 3 months, and correctly announced the banking crash a month before it happened!

HOLA444

Had a surreal experience y'day, watching pmq - rather than seeing GB answering every question with a question, saw Harman actually trying to answer some questions. Now I'm not a fan by any means, but it really rubbed home how I don't think I have ever seen GB answer a question he's been asked. I 've seem him either answer the question he wanted to be asked, and ask questions, but never ever answer the question he has been asked. I remember Paxman asking Michael howard the same question 17 times - isn't it about time an interview did that again, stick to the question until it is answered.

HOLA445
HOLA446
The BBC is institutionally left wing. People who go into the Beeb are liberal idealogues - this is widely known. Add to that:

I don't think this myth is at all true (a large proportion of BBC reporters and journalists are failed Tory Candidates and some are ex-Tory Mps). But even if it was true "left wing" doesn't really exist any longer and I find it rather a tired old theme on this website that posters blame everything on "left" or "right" politics. The fact is that the whole of UK politics has been well right of centre for many years now, starting with Blair's copying of Tory philosophy in order to get into power and now Cameron's mimicking of Labour's policies in the hope that he will gain power. Party political positioning is now a quite outmoded and bankrupt argument. They are ALL further to the right on key issues than Thatcher ever was.

Let's examine your comment about "liberal idealogues": Liberal merely means free thinking and lacking in oppression. An idealogue is one who thinks and has philosophical goals. All parties have such people in their ranks. What do you propose? That no one should think freely and everyone should be a bigoted redneck?

VP

HOLA447