House Price Crash Forum

Hyperinflation Might Destroy Dollar, Euro, Sterling

narco

HOLA441
HOLA442
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=887658998&play=1

The dollar, euro and sterling are going to be destroyed Zimbabwe-style, believes Martin Hennecke, senior manager, private clients at Tyche. He makes his case to Todd Everts from Wall Street Global & CNBC's Martin Soong.

I thought the plaiedan space ships were dur to arrive today. 2000miles wide, although I guess I must have missed them.

HOLA443
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=887658998&play=1

The dollar, euro and sterling are going to be destroyed Zimbabwe-style, believes Martin Hennecke, senior manager, private clients at Tyche. He makes his case to Todd Everts from Wall Street Global & CNBC's Martin Soong.

I wonder if the Thai Bat might be a good place to shift all of our cash? Or the Dong?

IMO we face far worse--massive deflation. Bubble always deflate when the air is let out, never inflate.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Bubbles explode I think you'll find.

Our bubble will be like a baloon that you let the air out by just letting go of the end bit--makes farting noises as it flys in all directions completely out of control while squealing "10 years of uninterrupted growth..." Then it comes to a rest all flacid and shrivelled and no longer the proud shiny object that people once loved to admire but it no longer brings smiles to their sheeple faces.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Our bubble will be like a baloon that you let the air out by just letting go of the end bit--makes farting noises as it flys in all directions completely out of control while squealing "10 years of uninterrupted growth..." Then it comes to a rest all flacid and shrivelled and no longer the proud shiny object that people once loved to admire but it no longer brings smiles to their sheeple faces.

i think I got one of those bubbles between my legs. odd shape though.

HOLA4412
Guest Mr Parry
I wonder if the Thai Bat might be a good place to shift all of our cash? Or the Dong?

IMO we face far worse--massive deflation. Bubble always deflate when the air is let out, never inflate.

I think maybe, but . . .

Terrible and worsening political situation

They had a boom too

Pending war with Cambodia

Incomes falling off a cliff - dependent on tourism and direct foreign investment

BoT not foreign investment friendly

THB open to speculation and rapid collapse

Government in such disarray makes Broon's lot look like Winston Churchill

Inflation worse than here - cost of living has doubled in the past year or so

During the 1990's the Baht was 39-40 to GBP. We were in recession and they were in mega boom up to the 1997 crash. In 1997 it went from 40 to 100 Baht to the Pound. :huh:

IMO, THB is over-valued at the moment.

HOLA4413

Brazillian Real RB, plenty of oil, agriculture, chemicals and all the rest down there.

HOLA4414

This guy's argument is fairly straight forward. The sheer magnitude of currency it will take to guarantee every single bank is going to break countries.

A broken country always leads to broken currency.

When the US, UK and Europeans cannot raise enough tax revenue to pay their debt obligations then the collapse begins or the printing presses get fired up. Either way, the currency gets it.

Edited by narco

HOLA4415

so how do you protect against the risks of deflation on the one hand and also high inflation on the other - significant risk being in the tails, apparently?

a global investment fund - and trust the fund managers to move to western equities and bonds in the event of western currency inflation, or, for deflation, non-western equities/bonds or whatever

does this make sense from my amateur perspective? surely gold is a one-way bet against inflation?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
so how do you protect against the risks of deflation on the one hand and also high inflation on the other - significant risk being in the tails, apparently?

a global investment fund - and trust the fund managers to move to western equities and bonds in the event of western currency inflation, or, for deflation, non-western equities/bonds or whatever

does this make sense from my amateur perspective? surely gold is a one-way bet against inflation?

Don't trust anyone. Deflation is a temporary scare tactic that is often used to justify outragous money pumping and overblown bailout packages.

Edited by narco

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest Mr Parry
Brazillian Real RB, plenty of oil, agriculture, chemicals and all the rest down there.

Better advice.

Only Mr. Parry is allowed to buy Thai Baht in any case.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Don't trust anyone. Deflation is a temporary scare tactic that is often used to justify outragous money pumping and overblown bailout packages.

'don't trust anyone' - so what should I do then - keep it as cash? eat it?

HOLA4422
'don't trust anyone' - so what should I do then - keep it as cash? eat it?

In this environment you might want to increase your precious metals allocation from 10% to 20% over the next few weeks and months, also start thinking of a plan to manage through hard times.

Hold some physical cash and hold some harder currencies like Yen or Swiss Francs.

HOLA4423
In this environment you might want to increase your precious metals allocation from 10% to 20% over the next few weeks and months, also start thinking of a plan to manage through hard times.

Hold some physical cash and hold some harder currencies like Yen or Swiss Francs.

wouldn't gold do badly in the event of deflation? same with Yen or Sw FR?

anyway, I don't think I have sufficient funds tojustify going thru preciuos metals dealers

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
wouldn't gold do badly in the event of deflation? same with Yen or Sw FR?

anyway, I don't think I have sufficient funds tojustify going thru preciuos metals dealers

Theres no long term deflation. That myth disappeared the day the goverments came out and guaranteed every banking institution using sovereign debt.

Edited by narco