House Price Crash Forum

I Want To Buy Gold

HOLA441
HOLA442

I wouldn't bother, panic has been priced in to gold already making it expensive relative to it's future value. In the coming recession / depression demand for gold as an industrial material will fall, and with it the value. The biggest risk is actually deflation. There is no logical reason for gold to be a good hedge against any of the current biggest risks. Gold is no longer equivalent to money. Think about it, would you want to buy gold if your family was about to be turfed out of their house?

I will probably be shot down by some insane gold bug for this but opinions vary - get over it ...

HOLA443
I wouldn't bother, panic has been priced in to gold already making it expensive relative to it's future value. In the coming recession / depression demand for gold as an industrial material will fall, and with it the value. The biggest risk is actually deflation. There is no logical reason for gold to be a good hedge against any of the current biggest risks. Gold is no longer equivalent to money. Think about it, would you want to buy gold if your family was about to be turfed out of their house?

I will probably be shot down by some insane gold bug for this but opinions vary - get over it ...

Then I'll jump in with some support before the flaming starts. Good post ;)

sp.

Edited by Crash Gordon

HOLA444
HOLA445
The biggest risk is actually deflation.

For god's sake, do we have to have this debate again ...

Gold is the best thing to hold in a deflation. It's not a commodity. It's a currency - the ultimate one. At present all other currencies are being judged against it.

When the COMEX market defaults the price will double overnight.

Edited by Errol

HOLA446

I'm in same position as yourself DTR.

However, I've decided that the horse has already bolted on this one. It's been mentioned in mainstream media recently which means that once the idea gets into public knowledge then it's probably too late.

* However, I stand to be corrected by those who know more on the subject.

HOLA447

Used to baulk paying £241 for a krug/ £221 for a brit. £140 +vat ofr a kg of zilver.

Theres plenty more panic to unleash from the system.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

If you are in London, Bairds will sell to you OTC (but at a margin, and you need to pick it up from their new East Ham :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: offices - get a cab). They also have an office in Hatton Garden, but I beliwve it's trade only, although they may be convinced if you are buying a large enough volume, in which case, don't get a cab, get a tank.

See the Gold threads on the other forum http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...8099&st=135

HOLA4411

Gold is the best thing to hold in a deflation. It's not a commodity. It's a currency - the ultimate one. At present all other currencies are being judged against it.

could you explain/describe your exit strategy with your gold?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

or it could halve. Depends which way round the traders are. Also, I was going to nibble some but the seeing the panic in the markets only moving gold by $60 or so makes me think the bottom will fall out of the gold market on the technical bounce we are going to see in equities and bonds anytime now. The market says gold at the moment is a pure panic play not an inflation play (look at index linked gilts and TIPS if you don't believe me). Once the panic subsides watch out below. Just my honest opinion

Edited by kilroy

HOLA4414
********!

When was the last time you, or any other goldbug, bought groceries or paid a utility bill with heavy metal?

When was the last time you woke up and saw 4035 on the ftse.

Travel to Australia in 25hours, what boat can do that?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest mattsta1964
Any gold bugs here who can help, I can travel anywhere??

Thanks

There's no harm in holding a little physical gold but as others have stated, you can't buy bread in Tesco with it.

Spend your money on things that will help you get through this crisis. Food for example! Warm clothing for the winter, candles, practical stuff.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest mattsta1964
Once some currencies tank completly and cannot be just restarted with another Fiat currency due to loss of confidence a new "gold pound"/ "gold dollar" currency may be started.

At this time the value of gold will skyrocket.

The gold spot price will not skyrocket. It is rigged by Rothschilds. They control the gold market.

What is likely to happen is a black market price will develop and gold will exchange for much higher prices than the official spot price.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

If you want to avoid gold, my best advice would be looking at alternative currencies (Euro? AUD? NZD?), or possibly index linked savings certificates http://www.nsandi.com/products/ilsc/index.jsp - which go up based on RPI.