House Price Crash Forum

Flats 'see Biggest Price Falls'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7661303.stm

City centre flats dominate a survey indicating the 10 areas in England and Wales with the biggest annual fall in property prices.

BBC running this across all their media.

Not sure why. Falls seem a little on the low side for centre newbuild.

edit: a struggling BTL'r just on Fivelive

Edited by Ash4781
BBC exclusive: tiny, poor quality, intrinsically worthless things that were panic bought see drop in value :rolleyes:

Indeed. And would I be breaking a confidence if I suggested that His Holiness the Pope was a Catholic?

:)

My more succinct reply to the BBC stroy was "No sh!t, Sherlock!"

EDIT: just caught this:

"First-time buyers Matt Cartwright and his wife Laura, both 26, bought a two-bedroom flat in the Birmingham Canal area for £185,000 in February"

In Feb! What planet were they on?

Edited by dryrot

BBC quoting 17% falls in a year. Will be much more than that for real soon. I was just offered a Barratt 3 bed flat in Bathgate in Scotland for 99k, on Barratt website for £152k. Was told it was valued at £175k a few months ago. Dont worry I'm not interested, was my bank manager offering who is a mate of the site manager!

(PS I dont know how to spell barratt!)

BBC quoting 17% falls in a year. Will be much more than that for real soon. I was just offered a Barratt 3 bed flat in Bathgate in Scotland for 99k, on Barratt website for £152k. Was told it was valued at £175k a few months ago. Dont worry I'm not interested, was my bank manager offering who is a mate of the site manager!

(PS I dont know how to spell barratt!)

I have heard from sources in the Building trade that Barrat have slashed the price of some new builds by 50%. Has anyone else heard the same? Probably all those that have been built on flood plains!

I thought that leading story on the Beeb this morning's 8AM news was a DISGRACE.

and quoting 17%.......what planet are they on? :huh:

Methinks there are some VI's in the Corp who planted this story. I mean why else would they lead with this when the bourses were in meltdown? I also noticed the Breakfast Show was full on silly little stories....more than usual. eg. story about a woman who had a donkey in her house !?!?!?

Maybe a decision has been taken to keep as much "good news" in the schedules as possible to deflect criticism away from the numpty politicians and bankers? This may subdue the ANGER that the average joe will be feeling right now?