House Price Crash Forum

Daily Mail: Estate Agents Shame Tenants

HOLA441
HOLA442
article-1071269-02ED781800000578-593_468x350.jpg

When the Landless Peasants revolt, they might see fit to make the ex-BTL landlords wear a special identifying symbol in public.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...side-homes.html

What about slumlords who shirk their responsibilities and pilfer renters deposits, can we have signs for them too please?

HOLA443

When the Landless Peasants revolt, they might see fit to make the ex-BTL landlords wear a special identifying symbol in public.

OOoohh, what a terrifying punishment! A sign that says "rent dodger", how awful. Maybe the little cvnts would like to arrive for work only to find their office is a pile of ashes? Or Mr landlord may like to not only deal with his rent loss but the cost of structural repairs after I throw one of my "special" moving out parties?

HOLA444
OOoohh, what a terrifying punishment! A sign that says "rent dodger", how awful. Maybe the little cvnts would like to arrive for work only to find their office is a pile of ashes? Or Mr landlord may like to not only deal with his rent loss but the cost of structural repairs after I throw one of my "special" moving out parties?

Perhaps someone should get stickly labels made saying "Professional Liar Works Here" to stick on to EA windows?

HOLA445
HOLA446
Perhaps someone should get stickly labels made saying "Professional Liar Works Here" to stick on to EA windows?

I did actually post a few: 'what goes [boom] must go [bust]' stickers on for sale signs & estate agents windows about a year ago.

The sticker actually read: 'what goes [picture of atomic explosion] must go [picture of ladies' large bust]'.

HOLA447
HOLA448

I'll never be a "rent dodger" I imagine, but if I did live in that house, then such a sign would be an incitement to violence upon persons or their property....

I can only imagine this will end in something very unfortunate occurring.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Visual translation:

Sutton estates are in the sh1t & finances are that tight for them that a rent dodger could cause them to go into administration

;)

Edited by A Fool & His Borrowed Money

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Posting such a notice may be a breach of the tenants rights and the said tenants should consult lawyer immediately.

For the owner, such a tactic is self-defeating: Who would now want to rent one of that landlords properties given that he may choose to publicly humiliate his tenants?

This nasty, vicious little act of vindictiveness may very well mean the landlord may struggle to find replacement tenants and cost himself much much more than a few missed payments.

This sorry episode however encapsulates perfectly the whole BTL concept: vicious selfishness and utter contempt for the welfare of others.

It was callous anti-social behaviour like this that caused the United Nations Convention of Human Rights to come into place in the first place.

Edited by Dave Spart

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Posting such a notice may be a breach of the tenants rights and the said tenants should consult lawyer immediately.

If I was the 'dodger' I'd make sure that I had a good photographic record and that I sent a letter to the landlord requesting that it be removed. Then they should pay the f**ing rent.

I can imagine that in the courts, the magistrates would look pretty unfavourably on the landlord.

HOLA4415

Fair enough I say - if they can't afford to pay what they agreed then they deserve something worse than this IMO.

If they couldn't afford it they should have never taken it on, it's no different to taking out a big mortgage in that respect.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Fair enough I say - if they can't afford to pay what they agreed then they deserve something worse than this IMO.

If they couldn't afford it they should have never taken it on, it's no different to taking out a big mortgage in that respect.

I'm not familiar with renting but judging from some of the posts here and what I read elsewhere there seems to be a disproportionate number of lying landlords and thieving tenants who both seem too quick to resolve differences violently.

It all seems a bit distasteful. There must be better ways to get by than trying to scam your landlord/tenant?

To the hostile tenants on this thread: you clearly have bad landlords - why are you assuming the landlords taking these steps are also bad?

HOLA4418

You are missing the point.

Nature gave land freely to share, just like oxygen.

Nasty Capitalists impose property Laws & an economic system that allows a tiny minority of individuals to accrue vast amounts of wealth & land. This not only pushes up the price of land & rents, but also denies the average person access to land to settle on.

The average person is then forced to work 800% harder than he would have to in order to rent or buy back the tiniest scrap of this land, which should have been his/hers in the first place.

In Britain, 0.6% still own 69% of the Land, basically the same families that have owned it for centuries.

HOLA4419

From elsewhere

It is a criminal offence under section 40 of the Administration of Justice

Act 1970

40. Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors.

- (1) A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another

person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract,

he-

(a)

harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their

frequency or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any

threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to

subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or

humiliation;

http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk

HOLA4420

Seems a bit weird to me.

If you want your non-paying tenant out then it can't be that hard to evict?

If you want him to remain as your tenant then surely sticking up a sign like this will destroy any goodwill in your relationship? And having an angry tenant living in your property can't be a good business move?

HOLA4421

If a rent dodger is someone who can't afford the rent, then perhaps we should have signs outside houses with repossession orders on saying "mortgage dodgers" in fact why don't we all stand outside factories and offices after mass job losses are announced and chant "Job dodgers" at the people collecting their P45s?

HOLA4422
I did actually post a few: 'what goes [boom] must go [bust]' stickers on for sale signs & estate agents windows about a year ago.

The sticker actually read: 'what goes [picture of atomic explosion] must go [picture of ladies' large bust]'.

Heh heh - your very own version of Operation Mayhem?

Q

HOLA4423

Reminds me of the nazis putting the star on Jews houses.

Back to the OP though - Can I have one I could invite my friends round to brag I have it...akin to the chavvy little brats saying 'have yee gotta asbo'? 'yeah, cool'

I'd love an agent to do that to me.

Love it.

HOLA4424

I just sent them an email thanks to advice given here:

Dear Neil

Are you aware your company has now broken the law re: Rent dodgers (see below)? This is a most serious offence.

It is a criminal offence under section 40 of the Administration of Justice

Act 1970

40. Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors.

- (1) A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another

person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract,

he-

(a) harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their

frequency or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any

threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to

subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or

humiliation;

I would advise you to:

1. Remove all signs

2. Apologise publicly and in person to those who will no doubt fel embarrassed by your illegal actions.

3. Do a deal before they go to court. They will go to court and they will win.

This may close your business and before you harrass more citizens I would suggest you make a public statement on your website regarding your illegal behaviour.

http://www.suttonestates.org.uk/contact.html

Dirty EA scum

HOLA4425