House Price Crash Forum

Property Bee is tagging a lot of movement in Notting Hill. Loads in the 10% range but a couple of meatier examples below. Given that any offer would be at least 15-20% lower than current asking, the real prices of these properties must be down 30-35%.

--

2 bedroom flat for sale, Ladbroke Grove, London, W11, £399,950 -20% from original asking price - Link

A spacious two bedroom flat with its own entrance and superb hardwood decked west facing garden. There is potential to excavate and extend under the garden, subject to

planning permission. The property is ideally located for Portobello and Ladbroke Grove tube (Hammersmith & City Line).

Thu Jul 24 11:44:44 2008

* Price changed: from '£500,000' to '£399,950'

Thu May 29 01:17:32 2008

* Price found: £500,000

* Status found: Available

--

2 bedroom flat for sale, Powis Square, Notting Hill, London, W11, £499,950 -17% from original asking price - Link

Beautiful top floor apartment in this central Notting Hill location. Sweeping westerly views and an abundance of natural light give this property a real "wow" factor.

Sun Sep 28 21:26:46 2008

* Price changed: from '£545,000' to '£499,950'

Thu Jul 24 11:44:55 2008

* Price changed: from '£599,950' to '£545,000'

Thu May 29 01:20:11 2008

* Price found: £599,950

--

3 bedroom house for sale, Elgin Crescent, Notting Hill, W11 Guide Price £2,250,000 -18% from original asking price - Link

Create your own dream - Rare opportunity to own a property on one of London's most prestigious garden squares in the heart of Notting Hill. Modernisation would reveal it's full potential as a delightful family home with access to stunning gardens

Fri Sep 19 23:56:10 2008

* Price changed: from 'Guide Price £2,495,000' to 'Guide Price £2,250,000'

Tue Jul 22 15:39:54 2008

* Price changed: from 'Guide Price £2,750,000' to 'Guide Price £2,495,000'

Thu Jul 3 15:09:50 2008

* Price found: Guide Price £2,750,000

From The Evening Standard Tuesday 14.10.2008 : Bargains across city as house prices fall by 20 per cent - Link

Among the areas affected as City bonuses and jobs dry up is Notting Hill. A two-bedroom flat in a stucco-fronted house has been slashed

by 21 per cent from £635,000 to below the four per cent stamp duty threshold at £499,000. It has been on the market since April.

Another two-bedroom flat in Holland Park is down 20 per cent from its asking price of £875,000 to £699,000.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking it's not long before this one goes below £300k. Or even £250K?

2 bedroom flat for sale, Ladbroke Grove, London, W11, £330,000 now down -34% - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-954...p;mam_disp=true

A spacious two bedroom flat with its own entrance and superb hardwood decked west facing garden. There is potential to excavate and extend under the garden, subject

to planning permission. The property is ideally located for Portobello and Ladbroke Grove tube (Hammersmith & City Line).

History

date event

Tue Oct 28 23:37:57 2008

* Price changed: from '£399,950' to '£330,000'

Thu Jul 24 11:44:44 2008

* Price changed: from '£500,000' to '£399,950'

Thu May 29 01:17:32 2008

* Price found: £500,000

mods maybe move my thread into this one? http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...c=93260&hl=

That's a big fall Darwin - looking at the map link on Rightmove this right on the busy juction of Lad Grove and West Pk Rd - pretty horrendous place to be really

By the way, seems to be cut from an even higher start on my version of the bee

16 February 2008

* Price changed: from '£575,000' to '£500,000'

Edited by TeddyBear
mods maybe move my thread into this one? http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...c=93260&hl=

That's a big fall Darwin - looking at the map link on Rightmove this right on the busy juction of Lad Grove and West Pk Rd - pretty horrendous place to be really

By the way, seems to be cut from an even higher start on my version of the bee

16 February 2008

* Price changed: from '£575,000' to '£500,000'

down 42.5% from original asking.

Wow, that's really got to hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

More reductions in the Notting Hill area. Property Bee shows lots of price changes in the form of dribs and drabs, but that's hardly news anymore. Here's a couple of meatier ones:

3 bedroom flat for sale, Ladbroke Grove, Notting Hill, £899,950, down 25% - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-201...p;mam_disp=true

Situated on the third floor (with lift) of a magnificent period building on Ladbroke Grove, this beautifully presented three bedroomed apartment is flooded with natural light

and offers cool contemporary style throughout. The property comprises generous reception room with two large sash windows, adjacent kitchen with integrated appliances

and natural stone surfaces, master bedroom with fitted wardrobes and en suite shower room, two further bedrooms and a smart bathroom. The flat is situated in a beautiful

period conversion moments from many of Notting Hill's smartest boutiques and restaurants as well as trendy Portobello Road. Nearby transport links include Ladbroke Grove

(Hammersmith & City Line) or Holland Park (Central Line) Underground stations.

History

date event

Thu Oct 30 21:04:01 2008

* Price changed: from '£1,200,000' to '£899,950'

Thu Jul 24 11:45:21 2008

* Price found: £1,200,000

and:

2 bedroom maisonette for sale, Stanley Gardens, Notting Hill W11, £1,175,000, down 26% - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-183...p;mam_disp=true

A truly special top floor duplex offering triple aspect and rooftop views across Notting Hill and London as well as direct access to a beautiful communal garden from the

building.The apartment has been fully refurbished throughout to the highest standard and offers large open plan reception, two good size double bedrooms and two beautiful

bathrooms, one en-suite.Stanley Gardens lies in the very heart of Notting Hill's famous crescent gardens. Westbourne Grove, Portobello Rd and Notting Hill Gate are all within

strolling distance.

History

date event

Tue Nov 4 10:12:41 2008

* Price changed: from '£1,375,000' to '£1,175,000'

Wed Sep 17 18:35:46 2008

* Price changed: from '£1,595,000' to '£1,375,000'

Thu Jul 24 11:45:26 2008

* Price found: £1,595,000

And I thought the invisible hand of the market was supposed to end the madness. BUT NOT IN NOTTING HILL!

I also posted this one over at the Most Overpriced Sh*thole thread, because, upon closer inspection, it turns out it actually is a toilet!

Studio for sale, Colville Road, Notting Hill, £65,000 - link

Situated on this sought-after road moments from the fashionable shops and bars of Notting Hills trendiest streets this property could be used as either a studio apartment or office.

Tenure: Leasehold

Lease expires: To be confirmed

Ground rent: To be confirmed

Service charge: To be confirmed

Local authority: The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea

Council tax: £1,290 per year (Band E)

Total Sq Ft: 79 (7 Sq M) approx.

If you're interested :lol: in buying this travesty here are the full details.

Check out the floorplan so you can drool over the 7sqm :lol: in "large" detail.

How do these people sleep at night? :blink:

• 1 month later...

Honestly, who's going to buy this one?!

2 bedroom house for sale, Pembridge Crescent, Notting Hill, £1,175,000 down -34% - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-21924455.html

" Tucked away in an exclusive private cul-de-sac in the heart of Notting Hill, this stunning, architecturally

designed two bedroomed, two bathroom house offers state-of-the-art living space, finished to an incredibly

high standard.

This unique home features such luxury touches as Schüco double glazing system, caramelized oak floors

throughout, Lutron lighting system, under floor heating and spray lacquered doors.

The property comprises striking 22'6 reception room, flooded with natural light from wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling

windows and a large skylight, beautiful designer kitchen, master bedroom with en suite shower room, second

bedroom, bathroom and a courtyard, with Balau decking, accessible from both bedrooms.

Pembridge Crescent is a sought-after address in leafy W11, moments from the fashionable boutiques and eateries

of Notting Hill and Portobello."

History

date event

Fri Dec 19 21:23:19 2008

* Price changed: from '£1,495,000' to '£1,175,000'

Fri Sep 19 23:56:36 2008

* Price changed: from '£1,600,000' to '£1,495,000'

Tue Jul 22 15:39:50 2008

* Price changed: from '£1,800,000' to '£1,600,000'

Thu Jul 3 15:09:50 2008

* Price found: £1,800,000

What's that saying? "Up sh*t creek without a paddle" ;)

I suppose it is not a bad buy-to-let (what is the legal minimum for a habitable room - 70 sq ft or 80 sq ft?? - so that I don't get prosecuted if I buy it and rent it out) Does any one know whether there a Fitness First or Virgin Active nearby so that my tenant can go and have the shower in the morning? I know there is a Chinese takeaway nearby and that'll cover the lack of the kitchen. I suppose a rent of 100 per week is not unrealistic and that's 433 per month and I'll throw in the Fitness First membership at 50 per month - (433 - 50) x 12 = 4600 per annum - it is still over 7% return! [Oh no, I don't work for Foxtons! ;) ]

I suppose it is not a bad buy-to-let (what is the legal minimum for a habitable room - 70 sq ft or 80 sq ft?? - so that I don't get prosecuted if I buy it and rent it out) Does any one know whether there a Fitness First or Virgin Active nearby so that my tenant can go and have the shower in the morning? I know there is a Chinese takeaway nearby and that'll cover the lack of the kitchen. I suppose a rent of 100 per week is not unrealistic and that's 433 per month and I'll throw in the Fitness First membership at 50 per month - (433 - 50) x 12 = 4600 per annum - it is still over 7% return! [Oh no, I don't work for Foxtons! ;) ]

:lol:

From this month's Vanity Fair, article titled Wealth: Profiles in Panic:

In this global economy, the age’s excesses and aftermath are spread wide, nowhere as vividly as

in London. Notting Hill was the epicenter of London’s gilded age, where every driveway, it seemed, had a

Maserati, every mansion a makeover, often including an underground pool. Now, says Sunday Times columnist

Rachel Johnson, who chronicled the invasion of the financiers in her 2006 novel, Notting Hell, bankers are

staggering around like lost souls, while their wives gather at 202, the stylish Westbourne Grove restaurant

in Nicole Farhi’s boutique, to share their fears. “What they’re crying about is they’ve lost all their stock, and

their houses are worth less than they were,” says Johnson of the wives, “but they’re really upset that on

January 31 they have to pay huge tax bills. Even though they don’t have the cash anymore, the

liability remains on what they earned before.”

wall-street-0901-03.jpg

Edited by darwin
suppose it is not a bad buy-to-let (what is the legal minimum for a habitable room - 70 sq ft or 80 sq ft?? - so that I don't get prosecuted if I buy it and rent it out) Does any one know whether there a Fitness First or Virgin Active nearby so that my tenant can go and have the shower in the morning? I know there is a Chinese takeaway nearby and that'll cover the lack of the kitchen. I suppose a rent of 100 per week is not unrealistic and that's 433 per month and I'll throw in the Fitness First membership at 50 per month - (433 - 50) x 12 = 4600 per annum - it is still over 7% return! [Oh no, I don't work for Foxtons! ]

Brilliant!

:lol:

regarding the studio - from the floorplan there don't even appear to be any doors or walls separating the toilet. Basically they're asking someone to play 60 odd grand for the fabulous opportunity to live in a large toilet.

Insanity.

It's totally baffling. I've never seen anything like it.

I'd love to know more about it, like who owned it previously and what did they use it for? Of course there's never been a shortage of tarted-up junk at ludicrous prices in Notting Hill but this one takes the biscuit.

How does one use this place? Is it supposed to save you time when your kitchen and your bathroom are one and the same? After you've used the toilet where do you wash your hands? In the toilet? What happens when your friends visit and they want to use the toilet? ...could be used as either a studio apartment or office... when they say 'office', do you simply place a desk in front of it and the toilet is a chair? When they say 'apartment', do you just put your bed next to it and the toilet serves as a handy bedside table?

:o Jeez, you know, I am starting to see the possibilities! Do you think they would be open to offers? :huh:

• 1 month later...

Some random ridiculousness in Notting Hill:

link

4 bedroom house for sale

Off Market Property, London

POA

A chance to purchase this beautiful family house before it comes on to the open market. Please contact us on 020 7371 3600 if you require further information. Freehold

If you advertise a property on Rightmove as being "off market" when it is clearly "on the market", doesn't that make you look a bit silly?

:blink:

regarding the studio - from the floorplan there don't even appear to be any doors or walls separating the toilet. Basically they're asking someone to play 60 odd grand for the fabulous opportunity to live in a large toilet.

Insanity.

In-Sanitary

• 3 months later...

Stuff ain't shifting. Big drops:

3 bedroom house for sale Powis Terrace, Notting Hill W11, £2,800,000 -37.7% from original asking price - link

PB history

Tue May 12 18:16:36 2009

* Price changed: from '£3,600,000' to '£2,800,000'

Wed Feb 18 18:24:15 2009

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Premium Listing'

Fri Jan 30 20:21:55 2009

* Price changed: from '£3,999,999' to '£3,600,000'

Wed Oct 8 23:26:22 2008

* Price changed: from '£4,300,000' to '£3,999,999'

Fri Sep 19 23:55:28 2008

* Price changed: from '£4,500,000' to '£4,300,000'

* Status changed: from 'Under offer' to 'Available'