House Price Crash Forum

What strikes me as really weird is that I'm just a normal working bloke.

I haven't got a mega paying job or anything. I get paid by the hour.What you are getting is the average man on the streets views. Things we speak about in the canteen during tea breaks. If that seems detached from what you are thinking then one of us is missing something.

I don't know what highly paid management or posh office workers talk about but it doesn't seem to be the same as us.

Oh and by the way. I work hard what what I have. 4am starts and 8pm returns home are normal.

It didn't fall on my lap.

So what?

I drive an articulated lorry but it doesn't matter what you or I do, house prices are going down the Swannee River and that's that.

One of the most basic rules of economics is that house prices track average earnings over the long term. It doesn't matter what the geezers in the canteen think, here's the graph.

homepage.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

and I was just telling someone how sorry I felt for all the people who risked everything just to get on the housing ladder, saying mostly it was not through greed, but fear of being left behind... How wrong I was!

Louis Vuitton handbags - don't make me laugh. My mate had one of those, she showed "her new bag" to me proudly, oh that's nice I said... she HAD to tell me then oh its Louis Vuitton, because I hadnt recognised it! and then to impress me more say it cost £250! What a hideous object it was too, with ugly plastic hoops stuck all over it. Louis Vuitton and all that other crap, It means nothing to me.

Basically, to all the people who aren't interested in that guff, your shows of "wealth" (or rather DEBT) have not been impressing.

Things are only worth what someone is mug enugh to pay for them. FACT.

The flat screens that you all got in debt to the tune of a grand for are going to be given away with mobile phones some day soon.

I would rather everyone has an AFFORDABLE home. AFFORDABLE, though rewritten by this government, actually means within your MEANS.

What I can't understand and probably won't until I'm 150, is why does everyone on here want the UK to crash and burn?

If houses did drop massively it would be because everything else around them has as well.

No jobs, money and rubbish lives.

Maybe the last 20 years has been built on credit but hasn't it been great?

Nice houses, cars,holidays, foreign property and Louis Vuitton handbags for the wife.

Better than my Mum and Dads Redifussion 50p meter TV and sticky back plastic kitchen.

The government makes a lot out of home owners and they need to protect them now.

Be careful what you wish for all you doom mongers.

Edited by bootfair
Louis Vuitton handbags - don't make me laugh. My mate had one of those, she showed "her new bag" to me proudly, oh that's nice I said... she HAD to tell me then oh its Louis Vuitton, because I hadnt recognised it! and then to impress me more say it cost £250! What a hideous object it was too, with ugly plastic hoops stuck all over it. Louis Vuitton and all that other crap, It means nothing to me.

Which is why the economic panic will make things better rather than worse; blind idiocy will no longer be compulsory, and we can start looking for human values again.

What I can't understand and probably won't until I'm 150, is why does everyone on here want the UK to crash and burn?

Because houses are ridiculously expensive! Lower house prices would benefit a lot more people than higher prices would.

We own our house, we don't have a mortgage - personally the value of my house doesn't matter, we have 100% equity whatever its value.

I agree that the government should be prepared to protect homeowners from losing their homes, but not protecting the value of their homes.

Edited by blankster

I think what Sibley means is "I hope house prices aren't falling".

I don't hope they are falling, I'm quite happy to take the Nationwide's word for it.

And lower house prices are a good thing. For me personally of course because I am an STR. But for wider society too. It's terrible that young, hard-working people can't buy if that is their preferred choice. In two or three years time they will be able to.

I have no sympathy for those in negative equity- I have been there myself in the early 1990s and it doesn't mean that your garden gets smaller or anything.

"People who bought something on finance that they couldn't afford" won't get much sympathy from me all the time that little brown babies die of starvation every single day somewhere in the world.

The monetary value of property is falling. End of.

If houses did drop massively it would be because everything else around them has as well.

No jobs, money and rubbish lives.

Maybe the last 20 years has been built on credit but hasn't it been great?

Nice houses, cars,holidays, foreign property and Louis Vuitton handbags for the wife.

Better than my Mum and Dads Redifussion 50p meter TV and sticky back plastic kitchen.

The government makes a lot out of home owners and they need to protect them now.

Be careful what you wish for all you doom mongers.

ha, ha, ha what a joke whilst your wife lauds it with her chav brands you fail to notice that half of children in your utopian state fuelled by a crack like addiction to consumerism now live in or on the brink of poverty.

Maybe you should spread the word to your colleagues in the canteen tomorrow that splashing out on the never never for another flat screen goggle box should not eclipse the basic, fundamental apsect of bringing ones children up in an adequate manner.

Well done for appreciating New Labour's credit induced bribe of the masses, now time to pay up with your kids' futures.

(takes hook out of mouth and spits bait out)