Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

What Happened To The Bulls?


Recommended Posts

Here's one bull for you...

Just quietly content to hold onto his portfolio and to ride out any storm that may arise, even supplimenting with other income if necessary... overall, very optimistic about the long term prospects...

(Good thing my portfolio includes property in Northern Ireland)

;)

By the way, does anybody know why the latest Nationwide report (April) hasn't been added to the Statistics on the HPC homepage?

Edited by Cubes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Riders on the storm

Landlords in the storm

Into this house the’re sworn

Into IRs the’re thrown

Like a dog without a bone

Got to take a loan

Landlords in the storm

There’s a landlord on the road

His brain is squirmin’ like a toad

Take a long holiday

Let those children pay

If his lease you go and sign

home sweet home will die

landlord on the road, yeah

Girl ya gotta love labour

Girl ya gotta love labour

Take that 2 man band

Make them understand

UK on you depends

Our debt will never end

Girl ya gotta love labour, yeah

Wow!

Landlords in the storm

Landlords in the storm

Their account books are all torn

Into the street the’re thrown

Like a tramp without a home

A tortoise all alone

Landlords in the storm

Landlords in the storm

Landlords in the storm

(lighting ect)

Landlords in the storm

Landlords in the storm

Riders on the storm

Riders on the storm

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Is it my imagination or has there been a distinct falling-off of bullish

postings in the month or so since I joined?"

Yes it's your imagination since the last real bulls left many months ago now. But if you want to invent your own reality feel free.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fear not for Super Krusty Bull is here.

I have come to suppress this bear faced rebellion by spreading the truth about the property market.

If you do not invest in the property market you will regret it for ever. House prices can only ever go up. My finger licking house picking super powers guarantee that you cannot lose.

Bring forth the Monkey and all that he cooks so that we may do battle.

Only those that deinvest will suffer...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dogbox quite an angry bull has turned bearish recently.  He admitted he had been selling/dumping his BTL properties (he doesnt have many left)

How dare he deinvest, a crime worse than death. But it is he that shall suffer as prices continue to grow exponentially. Soon prices will be measured as multiples of infinity.

I shall send my minions Spencer and Millard to deal with him.

Feast upon this irrefutable long term graph showing house prices can only ever go up

uk_vs_us.gif

Edited by Super Krusty Bull
Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that you have to seasonally adjust the amount of bulls

After the election that they will return to the hpc website in much large numbers

This year has been a difficult one for bulls but we are expecting a full recovery

So our prediction for the year will be an increase of bulls by 5%

:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Looks like Im going to crystalise a loss on a 'luxury' penthouse flat I bought new.

Tempting to hold 'for the long term' as the rent well covers the debt, but Ive now pretty well decided to sell 'and take a biggish hit'.

The bad taste left will be partly compensated for by the interest earned on the equity released upon selling.

Having made profits on others now sold, Im simply accepting that a loss on one is just part of the investing risk. Id rather 'stop loss' and take a hit now as Im a jittery investor. The loss is all the more guielling given the fact I bought a poxy 10 year old studio 1 year ago which has a buyer at £12000 more than I paid! Hasnt completed yet though ph34r.gif

Someone on here put it brilliantly "let the next guy take a bit of profit" or something. In future I will recall this mantra as its spot - on.

OH NO....... your not going to beleive this. As Im typing this my, stationary supplier dropped off some stuff. I didnt say a word when he suddenly said "your into property lets, my Accountant just told me to stop my pension and buy a flat instead!".

This is the first time Ive been in a position like this, I advised he waits and he just kept saying "Im thinking long - term, I know it will go up and down". Even I coudnt get thru it would seem.

Felt really weird playing the bear role! ohmy.gif

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...56entry105756

Edited by moosetea
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates
Is it my imagination or has there been a distinct falling-off of bullish

postings in the month or so since I joined?

Definitely feels like some kind of turnaround has happened in a short time. :rolleyes:

Probably has something to do with the number of estate agents closing down. It seems to me 75% of the bulls reading this site are bored estate agents trying to talk up the housing market. I guess most of them have given up and are out looking for new jobs. Oh yeah, and the other 25% are from the buy to let brigade and they're all out trying to unload their portfolios. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fear not for Super Krusty Bull is here.

I have come to suppress this bear faced rebellion by spreading the truth about the property market.

If you do not invest in the property market you will regret it for ever. House prices can only ever go up. My finger licking house picking super powers guarantee that you cannot lose.

Bring forth the Monkey and all that he cooks so that we may do battle.

Only those that deinvest will suffer...

Brilliant!

i died laughing, pleaze stop; you're killing me!!

That photo cracks me up too.

Right im off to let meself recover!!, before i get a heart attack :lol::lol::lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates
Probably has something to do with the number of estate agents closing down.  It seems to me 75% of the bulls reading this site are bored estate agents trying to talk up the housing market.  I guess most of them have given up and are out looking for new jobs.  Oh yeah, and the other 25% are from the buy to let brigade and they're all out trying to unload their portfolios.    :P

Surprise, surprise, no replies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Surprise, surprise, no replies.

Hello.

Im happy :huh: to admit the bears have probably won the argument. But there is still a lot of confusion from my stand point. For example; I know 1 property I bought has dropped c15% (brand new penthouse), however 1 bed older flats round here have not dropped a snitch.

I havent the stomach for B2L anymore and am prepared to sell this last property at a loss. But, am I unusual? Will others with a lot more bottle than me hang on in there thus helping to limit supply?

Greenhorn <_<

Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting response dogbox... and very brave of you to post, I'd say (it's a lot easier for ex-bulls to just decide they don't want to talk to the likes of us any more).

What BTLs as a group do is the intersting factor as present.

Recent NAEA releases seem to suggest BTLs are now net sellers (and have been for a few months) so it seems you are not alone.

The real issue though is that I think BTLs need to be net buyers to prevent prices slipping further - otherwise the bottom end of the ladder will rely more and more on FTBs, who have simply been "priced out".

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates
Hello.

Im happy  :huh: to admit the bears have probably won the argument. But there is still a lot of confusion from my stand point. For example; I know 1 property I bought has dropped c15% (brand new penthouse), however 1 bed older flats round here have not dropped a snitch.

I havent the stomach for B2L anymore and am prepared to sell this last property at a loss. But, am I unusual? Will others with a lot more bottle than me hang on in there thus helping to limit supply?

Greenhorn <_<

The thing is, I just don't understand how anyone, other than estate agents, or people heavily exposed to buy to let, can be at all bullish at this stage in the housing cycle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 442 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.