House Price Crash Forum

Is This Hpi Right?

HOLA441

Wandered past this place a few days ago and thought it looked a bit ex-LA (it is) but in about the right area for us. Anyway, having done my research (nethouseprices), I came across the following data and wanted to see what people think. Have these people priced it in line with the usual crazy HPI or have they put out the white linen and gone a bit Ann Maurice, hoping they can get a ridiculous amount for their home?

http://www.findaproperty.co.uk/agent.aspx?...prop&pid=298186

Nethouseprices says it sold for 176k in both November 2001 and Nov 2002.

Two doors down sold for 220k back in May last year (they are terraces and though I didn’t look at the back, unless it has a conservatory remeniscent of the Tardis I can’t think they’re much different in size. The EA doesn’t mention such a thing. and I’m sure they wouldn’t miss a trick like that…) Several in the row are up, one at 284,995 (like undercutting their neighbour by £5 will make a difference!!!), one more cunning one at 250k

And I also found this. Same home, but they want £1400 pcm for it. Sell, rent, whatever comes first.

http://www.woosterstock.co.uk/DetailLet.asp?propID=1855

Looking for a long term let, they say. I’m going to keep an eye on it, but by even current standards, are they all trying it on?

HOLA442