House Price Crash Forum

Scotland To Face Unprecedented Fall In House Prices

mentioned on gmtv regional (scotland) news this morning. didn't catch the source of the 'news' though, and I can't find any more info online.

Glasgow and Edinburgh have seen year-on-year falls, but worse is still to come apparently.

about bl**dy time!

All the silly bids from Darn Saff have vanished in the Highlands which means prices will collapse, as local wages can't look at these prices.

mentioned on gmtv regional (scotland) news this morning. didn't catch the source of the 'news' though, and I can't find any more info online.

Glasgow and Edinburgh have seen year-on-year falls, but worse is still to come apparently.

about bl**dy time!

Houses will be 5 quid a pop in Stornoway before you know it

about bl**dy time!

No, no, no. They must be mistaken, Scotland is a special place and is totally immune to all the Global financial woes, houseprices can only ever go up and up so please roll up and buy your £200,000 one bedroom BTL flat http://www.springside.co.uk/home-search (I can't believe how many of these they have sold.....)

It is impossible for houseprices to fall up here - oh, what they already have?! Surely not :lol:

Salmond:-"It's these English discrimination laws. RBS was forced to lend to the settlers.

If Scottish money had been reserved for Scots none of this would have happened".

Family friend told me this week that a neighbour on the west coast of Scotland has finally sold their detached house, after being on the market for nearly a year. (Hurrah ! :lol: )

Sold for £200K, when it was estimated at £300K about 15 months ago. It was a forced sale , btw, due to family circumstance.

I make that about a 30% fall from the top.

If Scottish money had been reserved for Scots none of this would have happened".

I'm just trying to remember the last time I saw a Scotsman lend any money

to another Scotsman.

Give me a minute; it'll come to me eventually.

If you find a link to it, post in in the Scotland section, please :)

You require a subscription to enter the Scotland Section.

Payment is required before attempting to link to it.

Enquiries to be addressed to :-

The Scotland Section, McGillicuddy Street, Auchterchuchtiemuchti,

The Isle of Cowpatty, County of Spuke. SP3 4KL

Please enclose a stamped addressed envelope and £5 payment for our time

in opening your envelope.

You require a subscription to enter the Scotland Section.

Payment is required before attempting to link to it.

Enquiries to be addressed to :-

The Scotland Section, McGillicuddy Street, Auchterchuchtiemuchti,

The Isle of Cowpatty, County of Spuke. SP3 4KL

Please enclose a stamped addressed envelope and £5 payment for our time

in opening your envelope.

Did you say payment, sh*t no.

Doomsday 2008

Watched this the other night. Set a few years into the future it portrayed Glasgow like something out of Mad Max... With a bloody great wall built for the same reasons the Romans did.

Reasonably entertaining as films go, but I wonder if this is the 'shape of things to come for Scotland'? :P

In any event the reset will take the smile of the face of that smug git Salmond....

I know it's all in jest, but the continued slighting of Scots as being tight and English-hating is pretty tiresome and off-the-mark. Let's have some jokes about Jews being stingy, Pakistanis owning corner shops and German's being war criminals to balance it up a bit, eh?

Guest anorthosite
I know it's all in jest, but the continued slighting of Scots as being tight and English-hating is pretty tiresome and off-the-mark. Let's have some jokes about Jews being stingy, Pakistanis owning corner shops and German's being war criminals to balance it up a bit, eh?

Personally I refuse to drop to the level of jokes about the English being a bunch of chap fancying nancies who were conquered by the French and the Italians. Sometimes the truth hurts these morris dancing, cricket playing (ooooh, lets go inside for tea Julian, its raining!!!) girly men. :P

How does it work with the 'Offers Over' nonsense, you cant even place a lower bid. We was looking to buy up there(other half's territory) but were not prepared to pay for surveys etc and put in +30% bids just to find out we are outbidding the next buyer by £50K or whatever silly amount.

Your good, you got any more...

damn right. the english are a bunch of cocks

Oh you want your haggis and you want to eat it do you.

How does it work with the 'Offers Over' nonsense, you cant even place a lower bid. We was looking to buy up there(other half's territory) but were not prepared to pay for surveys etc and put in +30% bids just to find out we are outbidding the next buyer by £50K or whatever silly amount.

It's not that mad to be honest. Removes gazumping and gazundering. If you feel the 'Offers Over' price is too high - don't place a bid. If you think it might be worth more then place a bid for what you think it's worth. You'll only be outbid if someone feels that it is 'worth' more... and if they do and if house prices are falling then... more fool them. Once thing that's good is that once that contract is signed for the agreed value, you aren't getting out of it!

[Although there's probably some legal shenanigans that can be done... I'm led to believe its difficult though]...

Guest anorthosite
Salmond:-"It's these English discrimination laws. RBS was forced to lend to the settlers.

I think the English may be suffering from a bit of Salmond envy...

The scottish HIP-equivalent is due to start in december I believe. I think the scottish version includes a survey, although I don't know how reliable that would be.

Would a surveyor be willing to give a false or misleading survey on behalf of the seller? I assume they are not paid commission, but rather a fixed fee, so they would have nothing to gain, everything to lose in lost reputation.

And the English all being upper class toffs with noted failings in the bedroom department ? ;)

Och its good to hae a laugh eh?

The Scottish HIP-equivalent is due to start in december I believe.

The Lawyers Society of Scotland is fighting hard to have the HIP thing kicked into touch.

Would a surveyor be willing to give a false or misleading survey on behalf of the seller?

Telling lies is a lawyer's job. The LSS would be mightily pissed off if RICs got in on that act.

There's absolutley nothing to stop you placing an offer below the offers over price. It just might not be accepted. Similarly, you can make an offer subject to survey. If it's accepted and you're not happy with the survey, or the survey price you can still pull out.

I think people get confused between the "offers over" side of things, and the fact that an accepted written offer is legally binding.