House Price Crash Forum

Brown Interviewed By John Snow - Channel 4 Now

Guest UK Debt Slave

Guest mattsta1964
And I take it you voted for Margaret Thatcher who provided british oversight to the last great crash? and destroyed the mining industry and in the process established 20 years of misery for the north. All politics is ultimately a futile nil-balance return.... except of course Maggie who is sacred and it doesn't matter if she bites the heads of little babies becasue she is the she-god who cannot be faulted. GC your post is just abuse. How dare anyone not do what you do. Low rise to the totalitarian state.

I think any debate visa vi the merits of a labour or conservative government are a total waste of time.

We live in a political dictatorship and the political class exist merely to create the illusion that we live in a free open society. It's all just a giant charade.......just as the banking system is.

The entire global financial system is on the verge of collapse.

The last people to look to for a solution are politicians. Very shortly, our primary objectives will be to find food and stay alive.

I have to say I am absolutely petrified. I just wanna be with my wife.....who is 8000 miles away in Oregon. To be honest, I am seriously wondering if I'll ever see her again.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its true. Even though I can't stand Gordon Brown and I think he could have done a lot to manage euphoria rather than cheerlead for the bubble over the past 10 years (funny enough, most of his enemies on this site would have seen that as interferring in the market and a big no no), the fact is that this is a global crisis, and brown is only a bit part player in a much bigger drama. Is he also responsible for the american morgage meltdown? Was it what he ate for breakfast?

A bit part player indeed. Sadly it is a common trait amongst certain types to exaggerate our influence in the world.

Thatcher played upon this with the BS she spouted claiming to have transformed our status on the world stage.

What a pathetic interview. What was he on about saying that first-time buyers can only get 80% of their mortgage guaranteed? He's just aimlessly waffling and obviously doesn't understand what he's talking about.

Here's the link:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1529573111

9mins 30secs in for Brown Interview

Very shocked at the first post. GB is such a clown.

Intelligence test before voting? I'm all for that!!

Surprised to hear this from you TR. Disallowing people from voting because of some diagnosed weakness is basically Nazism. And 'chavs and immigrants'... this is ugly stuff, idiotic and nasty. This poster is trolling and you shouldn't rise to the bait.

Are you drunk ? :blink:

Voting is a very serious business, people have to learn that there are consequences to their actions and accept responsibility for them.

If you voted Labour then you should accept you did wrong and apologise to everyone who you have affected by your actions. Simple really but some have a hard time understanding it. :rolleyes:

Having not voted Labour in 1974 and every election since at least I dont have to feel guilty. Its a very small consolation looking at what they have done to the country.

No. Not just them. The State sector has massively benefited (and massively expanded). Plus Quango placemen.

The State is also the largest purveyor of private services such as TV advertising, press advertising, consultancy, IT services etc etc etc

We are now one large grace and favour client state.

Yes, I see what you are saying, people have been bought.

Unfortunately I am one of the ones paying ! :(

Are you drunk ? :blink:

Voting is a very serious business, people have to learn that there are consequences to their actions and accept responsibility for them.

If you voted Labour then you should accept you did wrong and apologise to everyone who you have affected by your actions. Simple really but some have a hard time understanding it. :rolleyes:

Enough of this. You are just a total [email protected]

I have always lived in safe Tory seats so my vote has no bearing on the result of any election. The same applies to the majority of voters. The system is to blame if any one thing is.

Enough of this. You are just a total [email protected]

I have always lived in safe Tory seats so my vote has no bearing on the result of any election. The same applies to the majority of voters. The system is to blame if any one thing is.

Finding it difficult to accept what you have done perhaps ?

So you enjoy the comfort of a conservative area and stab them in the back come voting time.

I think the ballot paper should be made up of 11 simple multiple-choice questions, your results in the first 10 giving you your number of points (votes) in question 11.

Something like this:

1. What is the name of your nation?

a. Great Britain

b. England (/Scotland/Northern Ireland/Wales)

c. The United Kingdom

2. Who is the head of state?

a. The Prime Minister

b. The Queen

c. The speaker of the House of Commons

3. Who is the current prime minister?

a. Gordon Brown

b. Michael Martin

c. Tony Blair

4. EU stands for what?

a. Eunice Understands (me)

b. European Union

c. England United

5. Who is the Queen?

a. Queen Elizabeth I

b. Queen Elizabeth II

c. Elizabeth Montgomery

6. Which of these terms best describes the UK?

a. Constitutional monarchy

b. Republic

c. Confederacy

7. Where is the House of Commons?

a. Windsor Castle

b. Greece

c. Parliament (Westminster Palace)

8. What are you voting for?

a. A member of parliament

b. A Senator

c. A Prime Minister

9. Who is the Chancellor of the Exchequer?

a. Grant Bovey

b. Alistair Darling

c. Stan Laurel

10. What is the name of your national flag?

a. The Stars and Stripes

b. The Union Jack/Flag

c. The Saltaire

11. Which candidate do you wish to vote for?

a. Crispin St Aubin Smithe (Con)

b. Pippa Melburry-Bobsnatch (Lab)

c. Dogfinger Packet (Lib dem)

d. Pete the Thief (Asbo)

I think the ballot paper should be made up of 11 simple multiple-choice questions, your results in the first 10 giving you your number of points (votes) in question 11.

Something like this:

a. Great Britain

c. The United Kingdom

2. Who is the head of state?

a. The Prime Minister

b. The Queen

c. The speaker of the House of Commons

3. Who is the current prime minister?

a. Gordon Brown

b. Michael Martin

c. Tony Blair

4. EU stands for what?

a. Eunice Understands (me)

b. European Union

c. England United

5. Who is the Queen?

a. Queen Elizabeth I

b. Queen Elizabeth II

c. Elizabeth Montgomery

6. Which of these terms best describes the UK?

a. Constitutional monarchy

b. Republic

c. Confederacy

7. Where is the House of Commons?

a. Windsor Castle

b. Greece

c. Parliament (Westminster Palace)

8. What are you voting for?

a. A member of parliament

b. A Senator

c. A Prime Minister

9. Who is the Chancellor of the Exchequer?

a. Grant Bovey

b. Alistair Darling

c. Stan Laurel

10. What is the name of your national flag?

a. The Stars and Stripes

b. The Union Jack/Flag

c. The Saltaire

11. Which candidate do you wish to vote for?

a. Crispin St Aubin Smithe (Con)

b. Pippa Melburry-Bobsnatch (Lab)

c. Dogfinger Packet (Lib dem)

d. Pete the Thief (Asbo)

Excellent !

That should sort the wheat from the “chavs” !!! :lol::lol::lol:

Something like this:

a. Great Britain

c. The United Kingdom

Not sure if this was a joke (the original question was very tasteless and 1930s Germany and the troll must be proud of himself for provoking this) but you'll find that the number of people who know that England is the nation and the UK is the state, is very small. You knew that, right?

Not sure if this was a joke (the original question was very tasteless and 1930s Germany and the troll must be proud of himself for provoking this) but you'll find that the number of people who know that England is the nation and the UK is the state, is very small. You knew that, right?

The right sort of person knows it, the sort who are responsible enough to vote. ;) Thats the point !

I agree it wouldn't have made any difference who was in power over the last 10 years.

The main parties are almost indistinguishable when it comes to finance and the city, and once the the tories get in and change precisely nothing it will only support the fact that the BNP is becoming the only real alternative on the ballot paper.

I did hesitate over that choice of word. Yes, state is probably more correct. But we are in the United Nations as the UK, so I don't think that was too wrong. But fair enough, you're probably right.

I can't see the 1930s Germany aspect at all. If you're voting, you should know who you're voting for. I think anybody voting should be able to answer all or most of those questions. If they can't, well, sorry, their vote should be worth less (according to the number of questions they can answer).

Guest mattsta1964
I agree it wouldn't have made any difference who was in power over the last 10 years.

The main parties are almost indistinguishable when it comes to finance and the city, and once the the tories get in and change precisely nothing it will only support the fact that the BNP is becoming the only real alternative on the ballot paper.

You merely fall into the same trap

The people who run this country control the politcial system. The BNP ain't gonna win any general election unless THEY (the elite) engineer it. There's no likelyhood it'll ever happen but if it did........if the support for the BNP was so overwhelming that they won a general election, it would rule in exactly the same manner as the Labour and Conservative party. It would DO AS IT IS FEKKN WELL TOLD TO.

The only way to change our destiny is to take out the people at the TOP of the pyramid......and we don't even really know who they are or how their power is structured. The only obvious incarnation of this elite is the Bank of England. The politicians are fairly low in the pecking order. They are obedient slaves just like us........except they get paid better.

As for all these claims of trolling.

As far as I know a troll in this context means someone who causes arguments with anyone for fun. Believe me this is not fun, you Labour voters have cost me a lot of money and you will notice I am only challenging Lefty’s so I am certainly not a troll.

Please don’t try to stifle debate by making these false claims because it just makes you look weak. Try to answer the points and debate with me !

Just because your leader does it doesn’t make it the right thing to do !

PS.

I am sorry for making a nasty picture of your leader as my avatar, it must be upsetting for you.

Yes - a bit like on forms where they ask you your Nationality. I feel they think you ought to write 'British'. But British is not a Nationality. So I write 'English'. Why do I feel like a fascist little Englander when I do that?

You shouldn't. Little Englandism is not fascism. Little Englanders were originally Liberal politicians who saw the empire as an egotistical waste of time. See (since people are often invoking Orwell on this forum) Orwell, Coming Up For Air, 1939. Today, English nationalism has great potential for resistance to the inhuman global winds that blow us about. [email protected] all to do with the BNP.

You merely fall into the same trap

The people who run this country control the politcial system. The BNP ain't gonna win any general election unless THEY (the elite) engineer it. There's no likelyhood it'll ever happen but if it did........if the support for the BNP was so overwhelming that they won a general election, it would rule in exactly the same manner as the Labour and Conservative party. It would DO AS IT IS FEKKN WELL TOLD TO.

The only way to change our destiny is to take out the people at the TOP of the pyramid......and we don't even really know who they are or how their power is structured. The only obvious incarnation of this elite is the Bank of England. The politicians are fairly low in the pecking order. They are obedient slaves just like us........except they get paid better.

Are shape changing lizards involved?

I can't see the 1930s Germany aspect at all. If you're voting, you should know who you're voting for.

In order for that to happen the politicians would have to put forward an honest manifesto and then stick to it.

As it is you can only guess at who is telling the biggest lie.

I won't be responding to any more of the troll's posts.

Guest mattsta1964
Are shape changing lizards involved?

Come on! WAKE UP

Why do you place any faith in politicians to solve our problems?

I'm just watching Newsnight. Apparently the Conservatives have put away all those posters of Milliband waving a banana, all anti Labour propaganda is being withdrawn and all both political parties are cooperating together to resolve the economic problems we are facing.

It's a fekkn charade. They are all working together to keep their system of control in place.

It will fail. They cannot save a system that is totally corrupt and totally against the interests of the people.

Come on! WAKE UP

Why do you place any faith in politicians to solve our problems?

I'm just watching Newsnight. Apparently the Conservatives have put away all those posters of Milliband waving a banana, all anti Labour propaganda is being withdrawn and all both political parties are cooperating together to resolve the economic problems we are facing.

It's a fekkn charade. They are all working together to keep their system of control in place.

It will fail. They cannot save a system that is totally corrupt and totally against the interests of the people.

For a short while after last August I was thinking that politics could make a difference - shape a better future etc.

After this week's pathetic non-performance by the Conservatives, I'm back to thinking that they should all be booted out for failing to see anything of the real picture.

There is only one politician who has some credibility in this arena - Vince Cable. And Michael Portilo has also seen beneath the plastic veneer of "10 years of economic stabilty". Shame he has no influence these days.

The entire Western economy is at tipping-point and Cameron can't even land a single decent jab on Brown's flabby chin.

The Tories have all the ammunition they need if they just bothered to look for five minutes at post 9/11 interest rate policy, self-cert mortgages scams, buy-to-let tax abuses, destruction of pensions, decimation of manufacturing, PFI waste, rising unemployment, CPI deception, suppression of wages by immigration.......

I actually want Brown to stay around for another two years and rot in the hell that he has orchestrated for this country.

I want him to be an object of ridicule and I want him to see the pain and misery that he has delivered.

"No more boom and bust" "Prudence" etc.

Wa*k*r.

Edited by Xil