House Price Crash Forum

Brown Interviewed By John Snow - Channel 4 Now

Guest UK Debt Slave

I couldn't believe it either - he is an absolute idiot!

When Snow asked him about the glut of buy-to-let and self-cert mortgages that got out on control "on your watch".

Brown ignored the question and started prattling on about short selling.

His refusal to answer the question shows what an arrogant get he is - I can't believe I ever voted for this shower of idiots.

Rant Over!

Snow should of kept asking the question in a Paxman "did u threaten to over-rule him" way

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the start of the interview (just before Brown started quoting from his prepared bag of phrases) I turned to the wife and said to watch out for the catchphrases:

-Do whatever is necessary

-Decisive action

-Stability

-International problem

-Oil prices

Sadly, they all came up, and some more on top. He even managed to get in the 15% interest rate chestnut (wasn't it 15% for one afternoon in 1992?)

Darling was on earlier and he was talking about "doing whatever is necessary". I guess the same bloke writes the script for him and Brown. I assume that "doing whatever is necessary" means lying and talking a load of crap.

Oh dear. In recent months I have found myself considering voting for ... ugh... swalllow hard... the conservatives! Bloody hell, to think it's come to that!

QB

Rather late in the day to, 'do whatever is necssary, and take decisive action'.

I've just watched that, that guy won't be going to Heaven, will he. I'm staggered that he (they) get away with such barefaced and arrogant lying.

Nothing is his fault. It seems no one would listen to him when he was pointing out the flaws in the system (the irresponsibility), when he had set up the 'best' regulatory system in the world. No kidding?

Did you see him smirk at the bit when JS asks about the BTL and 120% loans? Then went on about the naughty speculators on the stock market.

Apparently, America are taking itslead from him! And all those who rejected the bailout scheme are wrong, the huge public concern about bailing out these fvckwit bankers and their dodgy loans is immaterial.

I'm fuming! We need to bring back the stocks and remind them that they work for us.

JS should have terminated the interview if he wasn't going to take it seriously.

We are all being played. It's sickening.

I've just watched that, that guy won't be going to Heaven, will he. I'm staggered that he (they) get away with such barefaced and arrogant lying.

Nothing is his fault. It seems no one would listen to him when he was pointing out the flaws in the system (the irresponsibility), when he had set up the 'best' regulatory system in the world. No kidding?

Did you see him smirk at the bit when JS asks about the BTL and 120% loans? Then went on about the naughty speculators on the stock market.

Apparently, America are taking itslead from him! And all those who rejected the bailout scheme are wrong, the huge public concern about bailing out these fvckwit bankers and their dodgy loans is immaterial.

I'm fuming! We need to bring back the stocks and remind them that they work for us.

JS should have terminated the interview if he wasn't going to take it seriously.

We are all being played. It's sickening.

I agree with you completely, funny to think that he is the best Labour have to offer as a leader ! :lol:

Fooking Chavs all of them !!

I understand the point you are making and I agree to some extent.

A better solution rather than voting Labour would be to simply not vote at all. Labour always make a mess of the economy and should never be trusted with it. It stuns me to this day that there were some people out there that would rather ruin the country than to simply abstain from voting !

So if the conservatives got in with only a few thousand votes it would show the whole system up for what it is.

In a democracy nobody gets what they want. A better system would be perhaps an intelligence and contribution test before having the ability to cast a vote, a sort of voting licence. That would keep Labour out for good as the chavs would have no vote !

My earlier point which you quoted was to try to make the Labour voter realise just what he has done to the country and accept responsibility for his actions.

Lets hope he simply doesn’t vote next time !

My guess : 18-28 years old. Can't remember the economic f*** ups and corruption of the tories in government. Admirable idealism that another party would bring about 'change'. It was me once, except the other way around. I could never understand how anyone could vote tory if they weren't certifiable or stupid. I would still never vote tory, because as a non millionaire it's not in my interest to do so.

Now I know that they are both essentially two sides of the same coin - both full of incompetent ego obsessed spivs whose main concern is their own self promotion. I understand the arguments for voting for both of them and no longer caricature those of a left or right persuasion with a broad moral or intellectual label. The idea of a voting licence may be tempting when one is despairing at the numbers of oafish idiots wandering the streets, but when you reflect on it, you see it leads to, well, totalitarian fascism, so it gets the thumbs down from me.

Some call me a cynic.

At the start of the interview (just before Brown started quoting from his prepared bag of phrases) I turned to the wife and said to watch out for the catchphrases:

-Do whatever is necessary

-Decisive action

-Stability

-International problem

-Oil prices

Sadly, they all came up, and some more on top. He even managed to get in the 15% interest rate chestnut (wasn't it 15% for one afternoon in 1992?)

Darling was on earlier and he was talking about "doing whatever is necessary". I guess the same bloke writes the script for him and Brown. I assume that "doing whatever is necessary" means lying and talking a load of crap.

Oh dear. In recent months I have found myself considering voting for ... ugh... swalllow hard... the conservatives! Bloody hell, to think it's come to that!

QB

Just like the bullsh*t bingo we used play to pass the time during management presentations at work.

Still Brown was hardly likely to say that the current UK system of regulation was crap since he set it up.

Edited by up2nogood
Now I know that they are both essentially two sides of the same coin - both full of incompetent ego obsessed spivs whose main concern is their own self promotion.

Absolutely spot on.

IMO, if the Tories had been in power during this house price boom we would be still be in a reasonably similar position today. I doubt that the Tories would have chosen to regulate the market any more effectively that Labour.

Absolutely spot on.

IMO, if the Tories had been in power during this house price boom we would be still be in a reasonably similar position today. I doubt that the Tories would have chosen to regulate the market any more effectively that Labour.

On their record I would say this is not true. They were late acting to choke off the 1980s boom but they did it, and Labour under Kinnock squeeled like pigs for a more expansionist fiscal and monetary policy. It was a messy buisness and we could all do better with hindsight but nothing like the catastrophe we are facing now.

I understand the point you are making and I agree to some extent.

A better solution rather than voting Labour would be to simply not vote at all. Labour always make a mess of the economy and should never be trusted with it. It stuns me to this day that there were some people out there that would rather ruin the country than to simply abstain from voting !

So if the conservatives got in with only a few thousand votes it would show the whole system up for what it is.

In a democracy nobody gets what they want. A better system would be perhaps an intelligence and contribution test before having the ability to cast a vote, a sort of voting licence. That would keep Labour out for good as the chavs would have no vote !

My earlier point which you quoted was to try to make the Labour voter realise just what he has done to the country and accept responsibility for his actions.

Lets hope he simply doesn’t vote next time !

The Labour party are more powerful than I ever realized. It seems this time they have caused a global credit crisis and possibly the next depression <_< ........according to you, at least.

Chavs usually don't vote and if they do it's 10 Tory votes to 1 Labour. Those sort of people are mostly right of centre in the worst kind of way and generally anti authority. That means that as there is currently a Labour government they are anti Labour.

The Labour party are more powerful than I ever realized. It seems this time they have caused a global credit crisis and possibly the next depression <_< ........according to you, at least.

Chavs usually don't vote and if they do it's 10 Tory votes to 1 Labour. Those sort of people are mostly right of centre in the worst kind of way and generally anti authority. That means that as there is currently a Labour government they are anti Labour.

Its true. Even though I can't stand Gordon Brown and I think he could have done a lot to manage euphoria rather than cheerlead for the bubble over the past 10 years (funny enough, most of his enemies on this site would have seen that as interferring in the market and a big no no), the fact is that this is a global crisis, and brown is only a bit part player in a much bigger drama. Is he also responsible for the american morgage meltdown? Was it what he ate for breakfast?

Oh dear. It was a honest question.

Unfortunatley I kind of expected your trollish reply. <_<

Bye

Nothing trollish about it ! You are just like Gordon your leader, trying to side step the question !

You have started the journey of recovery by at least admitting you have done wrong to me personally and the rest of the country. I very rarely venture into the sort of areas that Labour voters dwell so I don’t often get the chance to debate with them. There is also the fear of getting stabbed or the difficulty in finding one that speaks English.

So why don’t you use the lap top and broadband connection Gordon your leader has given you and apologise to the poor sod’s who have to pay for it !

Gordon is lying to you. Don’t be bought with benefit payments and free lap tops.

On their record I would say this is not true. They were late acting to choke off the 1980s boom but they did it, and Labour under Kinnock squeeled like pigs for a more expansionist fiscal and monetary policy. It was a messy buisness and we could all do better with hindsight but nothing like the catastrophe we are facing now.

The Republicans did not stop this and even now it's clear how bad things are you have Republicans voting against the bail out because they do not want regulation of the banks to be increased.

That is the nature of the beast. Anti 'red tape'. Behind big business all the way come hell or high water. Free enterprise works, etc.

Anyone who thinks the Tories would have handled this better is living in cloud cuckoo land. They only choked off the 80's boom by accident.

You are equally guilty for what the Labour party has done to this country as Gordon is.

By voting for this scum you gave them the power to do the damage we warned you about !

Hang your head in shame Lefty.

At least you had the courage to admit your mistake though so I admire you for that alone.

And I take it you voted for Margaret Thatcher who provided british oversight to the last great crash? and destroyed the mining industry and in the process established 20 years of misery for the north. All politics is ultimately a futile nil-balance return.... except of course Maggie who is sacred and it doesn't matter if she bites the heads of little babies becasue she is the she-god who cannot be faulted. GC your post is just abuse. How dare anyone not do what you do. Low rise to the totalitarian state.

Maggie who is sacred and it doesn't matter if she bites the heads of little babies

Are you drunk ? :blink:

Voting is a very serious business, people have to learn that there are consequences to their actions and accept responsibility for them.

If you voted Labour then you should accept you did wrong and apologise to everyone who you have affected by your actions. Simple really but some have a hard time understanding it. :rolleyes: