House Price Crash Forum

Maybe It Really Is Time To Get Out The Tin Foil Hats

HOLA441

A US defense contractor, Sierra Nevada Corporation, claims to have developed a technology that allows sounds to be beamed directly into people's heads, according to New Scientist Magazine:

"The device is aimed for military or crowd-control applications, but may have other uses."

"The device – dubbed MEDUSA (Mob Excess Deterrent Using Silent Audio) – exploits the microwave audio effect, in which short microwave pulses rapidly heat tissue, causing a shockwave inside the skull that can be detected by the ears. A series of pulses can be transmitted to produce recognisable sounds."

http://technology.newscientist.com/article...with-noise.html

http://technology.newscientist.com/article/dn13513

I wonder if it's going to be part of “the first ever nonlethal package that the Army has fielded” that 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team is supposed to have at their disposal during their newly assigned dedicated NorthCom deployment, incorporating possible 'civil unrest and crowd control' assignments.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/army_homeland_090708w/

Either way, let's hope they have it fully functioning before the up & coming economic collapse, so that if we decide to protest, they can more easily quell freedom & democracy & maintain the apparatus that protects the rich elites.

HOLA442
HOLA443

The small-print says it all really.

what "other uses"??

are we going to get beamed with subliminal advertising,like ...."you've got the munchies,you've got the munchies.......big mac+fries.....supersize.......mmmmmmm"...

You can get this for free now!!!!,you don't need to spend all that money on hardcore narcotics for the voices in your head to tell you that........Nanny state will do it for nothing!!

How benevolent :P:P:P:P:P:P

PEOPLE USED TO LAUGH AT US FOR BEING ,WELL....BORDERING ON SCHIZO.

.....we've had plenty of practice,it's going to come as a real curve-ball for the sheeple!!

Edited by oracle

HOLA444
HOLA445
Just use a mattress.

Its like the thermal imaging that was invented to locate the viet cong in the jungles of vietnam.

Worked for a while until the soldiers pissed on trees and the thermal imaging showed thousands of targets. Useless.

A mattress on your head? In a protest/possible riot situation?

Double or King Size?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest portwinestain

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/dec/10/2

Whispering glass

"I was walking to meet a friend for dinner," says Janie Marshall, 28, "when I heard a whispered woman's voice saying 'it's not your imagination, who's there? who's there?' It sounded like it was in my head. It was quiet and snowing so it was really spooky. I looked into the trees but I couldn't see where it was coming from."

What Marshall heard while walking past the Gothic St Paul's Church in NoLita, downtown Manhattan, was not a ghost (or the voice of God). High on a roof, above a giant billboard for a TV programme called Paranormal State, sit two black boxes, pointed at the ground. They are ultrasonic generators that send sound in a concentrated beam to a very specific spot. When a luckless pedestrian walks under that beam they can suddenly hear voices so clearly that it feels like they're coming from within.

The whispering is to promote the TV programme, a reality offering about occult research. Despite the fact that the billboard has the line, "It's not your imagination", written across it, few who hear the eerie whispers make the connection, especially when walking with their backs to the poster. Reactions range from a perplexed "what's that?" to angry mutterings. Not to mention the level of confusion it caused one luckless labrador.

"I think it would be cool if it was art," says Marshall, "but not as advertising. What if they put them on every block? It's scary to think someone might be whispering 'just do it' or 'buy Diet Coke' into your head."

"It's very invasive," says Michael Hyman, professor of marketing at New Mexico State University. "I think my concern would be that you have no option to escape this - you have no control."

"You're living in New York City. There's a lot of sound you can't control," counters JP Freeley, whose company Blue Blast Media is responsible for the ultrasonic technology's use in advertising. "The beautiful thing about this is that it doesn't blast the sound across the whole neighbourhood. It's very focused. If people really don't want to hear it they can walk on the other side of the street."

Freeley admits there is a lot of interest in using the equipment for other adverts, but won't discuss the potential effects for those with mental health issues. "I can imagine that this, especially while it's new and unknown, would cause suffering to someone susceptible," says Hyman of the ethical dilemma. "I would hope a more enlightened government might legislate."

Ever heard of Project Bluebeam?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Beam

Edited by Bear-lite

HOLA4413

I've got it!!!...I've got it!!!

The dragon's den solution to this little problem.

ELECTRO-DREDDS

Super-conductive ferrite-based,fully absorbent head protection for all the family.Just put it on,and trail those funky dredds to the floor to get that "down to earth" vibe every time!!!!

JAH RASTAFARIIII. DA DUTTY BABYLON DEM NAT PUT TINGS 'PAN ME HEAD!!..ME WEARIN ELECTRO-DREDD.

(cool catchphrase or what!!!!...goes down well with the chavs because they easily understand this dialect)

Edited by oracle

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
time to deploy the 2nd batallion, hard-of-hearing
Doesn't work mate,it goes directly into your head.

Now the proliferation of those tetra-masts makes sense!!!!.

I'm going to sign up with the 223rd Bacofoil regiment tomorrow.

Pussies the pair of them...!!!

The 441st Buy-to-Let Brigade will soon sort 'em out - they hear nothing at all...

No rational arguments.

No common sense.

No conscience.

(Though the imaginary sound of cash registers could be their Achilles heel...)

X

Y

Y

HOLA4416
Pussies the pair of them...!!!

The 441st Buy-to-Let Brigade will soon sort 'em out - they hear nothing at all...

No rational arguments.

No common sense.

No conscience.

(Though the imaginary sound of cash registers could be their Achilles heel...)

X

Y

Y

I've heard of them before,their reputation preceeds them.

"into the valley of debt rode the 600"....etc etc.

HOLA4417
Fight noise with noise.

You all, already possess the defensive equipment.

Get those Ipods on you and turn up the volume to Van Halen!

Won't do any good,the voices will start singing along with you and it will sound like steve wright in the afternoon.Most irritating.

HOLA4418
A US defense contractor, Sierra Nevada Corporation, claims to have developed a technology that allows sounds to be beamed directly into people's heads, according to New Scientist Magazine:

For christ sake imagine a weapon like this in the hands of a monster, Cliff Richard for example.

We wouldn't even need to be "wired for sound", well "congratulations" Sierra Nevade Corp, whats next a ""Living Doll-Devil Woman?""

Angry. <_<

HOLA4419
time to deploy the 2nd batallion, hard-of-hearing

You called? :ph34r:

Fight noise with noise.

You all, already possess the defensive equipment.

Get those Ipods on you and turn up the volume to Van Halen!

Can't we use the same equipment against the croud controllers and beam them a message "Eat your superior & collegues" :blink: . Might wanna hire Derran Brown for good measure.....

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Fight noise with noise.

Look man,you really need to get with the programme.

These guys don't mess about.

They play BARNEY THE DINOSAUR at full whack at guantanamo bay....CONSTANTLY.The innmates find electrodes on the nads quite a pleasant experience after being subjected to that 24/7,it breaks the monotony.

That's just plain cruel.

HOLA4422
Guest Skint Academic
If people really don't want to hear it they can walk on the other side of the street."

When I went to Florida it really struck my how there is advertising everywhere.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
For christ sake imagine a weapon like this in the hands of a monster, Cliff Richard for example.

We wouldn't even need to be "wired for sound", well "congratulations" Sierra Nevade Corp, whats next a ""Living Doll-Devil Woman?""

Angry. <_<

Just looked up Wired For Sound on YouTube, and now I can see how painful this technology could really be. It's 5x as shit as I remembered it, and I didn't enjoy it the last time I saw it about 10 years ago.

HOLA4425