House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wigler

Eric's 'liar Loan' - Meme Is Taking Off

From the times:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle4842838.ece

B&B carved out a niche in lending to buy-to-let landlords and to borrowers who could not, or would not, provide evidence of their earnings. These self-certified mortgages, dubbed “liar loans”, are going bad in much higher numbers than ordinary mortgages.

!!! :P:lol: Talk about horse, barn door, bolted --- TOO LATE!!!!!! :lol:

LIAR LOANS are the Biggest Mammoth EVER in the Room.............. :angry:

I thought of Eric in bed this morning, how scary is that.

On the news they were explaining self cert mortgages for the terminally thick.

"Thats right, you declare that you earn x amount and as long as you make the monthly payments the bank is happy to lend to you" all said with a disbelieving look on his face as if this was something that the rest of us had never heard of before. :rolleyes:

I would explain further that the only reason I thought of him in bed was because I was watching the news in bed. I re-read my post and realised I didnt make that properly clear. I was picturing him jumping out of bed and running full pelt downstairs to his computer

I would explain further that the only reason I thought of him in bed was because I was watching the news in bed. I re-read my post and realised I didnt make that properly clear. I was picturing him jumping out of bed and running full pelt downstairs to his computer

Seek professional help.

And next month this bright spark david wighton unearths the issues surrounding prime and alt-a mortgages, and the nonsense that was the mortgage lenders' affordability criteria.

In that same article he calls for a return to a historically prudent x3.5 income multiple but doesn't believe house prices will fall any further. :blink:

Guest Skint Academic

Congratulations Eric on the sucessful meme! The birthing process was long and arduous (large colourful fonts hurting the eyes etc), but I am sure that you are going to be very proud of your offspring and constantly telling your colleagues "That's my meme that is." :)

guess who's picking up the liabilities for these liar loans?

the UK taxpayer

but it's a good deal for the UK taxpayer they scream, the debt is worthless and no one wants it but supposedly it's a good deal

Congratulations Eric on the sucessful meme! The birthing process was long and arduous (large colourful fonts hurting the eyes etc), but I am sure that you are going to be very proud of your offspring and constantly telling your colleagues "That's my meme that is." :)

Well -- in the US the term "Liar Loan" is q well known......... However -- here in the UK - it would appear that MANY people on the street KNOW about them - nudge nudge, wink wink -- but -- reading, watching and hearing the MEEDJA -- You'd think they never existed............

It just SO P1SSES ME OFF the way the meedja kept quiet about the whole LIAR LOAN phenomenon [apart form that one bbc Money Programme way back in 2003 - see below] .......... It is THE KEY behind the present economic mayhem.......

Edited by eric pebble

!!! :P:lol: Talk about horse, barn door, bolted

Horse died of old age and was turned into Kennomeat chunks.

Barn converted into luxury dwelling, sold for ridiculous price, owner eventually couldn't meet the payments, now to be sold at auction.

That's how late this "discovery" is in the conventional "meeja".

Eric, my only hope is that there's not a wave of "no one could have seen this coming" statements on TV or by the general public, otherwise I seriously fear for your blood pressure.

Horse died of old age and was turned into Kennomeat chunks.

Barn converted into luxury dwelling, sold for ridiculous price, owner eventually couldn't meet the payments, now to be sold at auction.

That's how late this "discovery" is in the conventional "meeja".

Eric, my only hope is that there's not a wave of "no one could have seen this coming" statements on TV or by the general public, otherwise I seriously fear for your blood pressure.

Totally agree PR! :lol:

Guest Skint Academic
Hutton mentions LIAR LOANS!!.

No description possible. Oh the humanity!

Actually didn't he call them liar mortgages? What kind of a sound bite is that?? He was an 4rse though. Waffled on about nothing in particular and trying to shift the blame away from the government occasionally.