HOLA441
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Look what's on immediately afterwards: Panarama <spit> BBC1 :D

How Safe Is My Money?

"Reporter Jane Corbin heads an in-depth look into how current crises in the financial world could hit Britons in the pocket further down the line, looking at how banks, mortgages, insurance and pensions may be affected. Presented by Jeremy Vine"

EDIT

PMSL - and then immediately after that, over on Ch4!....

The Price of Property: Fool's Gold

"Journalist Jon Henley continues his journey around the UK with a trip to Manchester. He meets the architect of the city's regeneration, as well as some of those most affected by the changing fortunes of the housing market, including a woman among the first to buy her council house and another who lost so much on her seven properties that she is losing her family home"

Prepare to gorge on mainstream Bear food :lol:

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Pleeze make the point that the last 11 years have NOT been an economic miracle. It was a mirage built on a debt bubble. All the media propaganda in support of it was just that: WHY was it not questioned more deeply ? WHY are we getting programmes like this now when it is too late?

HOLA448
HOLA449
Unless the program involves the shooting of Phil Spencer, Kirsty Allsopp and the Wilsons followed by the confiscation of all banking bonuses retrospectively, I'm not buying a TV and licence just for this.

Hear, hear!! It is VERY important to drive in the Gordon Brown-HPI role. There is a clever attempt at the moment to try and apportionate the blame to the "hedge fund boys of Mayfair." I very much fear one day we will have people looking back on September 2008, and vaguely remembering how short-selling led to the crash/takeover of all these nice, shiny financial institutions.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
The replies seemed very mixed and misconstrued.

This is how I read it.

The show is "Tonight" hosted by Sir Trev, and will be televised on the night of Monday the 22nd of September.

My case rests!

HOLA4417
Sky listings just say it's about the credit crunch, and what it means for savings, house prices and jobs. I'd kind of guessed it wasn't about mackerel fishing ;)

Ah!!! - At last a subject that I have enough knowledge and experience to pass meaningful comment on.

To reel in your prey, you need a strong line, something bright and shiny as bait, and a nasty hook concealed within the bait.

Now am I talking about mackeral fishing, trading in "precious" metals, getting the Labour or Conservative parties elected, or the instruction manual for the UK housing market...?

I'll let you guys decide...

XYY

HOLA4418
Bugger!! I was going to watch Tropic Thunder tonight lol!!

Will this be repeated?? Please expand!

just seen it....very good if you like a bit of a laugh and stupidity...the missus wasn't amused.....but my ribs are still hurting.

Tom Cruise plays a great role..just hilarious. He also does some gansta dancing!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Down in Dorset we won't get Tonight with Sir Trev McDonut and FP on Monday. Radio Times for 22/9/08 South/West * South West next week's edition doesn't list it.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE YOU TUBE IT?

Otherwise it's a good night's viewing for us on the south west coast

8pm ITV Stealth Taxes get investigated

8pm C4 Let Down by Labour - arses get hopefully kicked

9pm The Price of Property looks at the buy-to-let phenomenon

then in place of any 'autumn bounce'..

1.05am Beach Volleyball.

Mother - get down that biscuit barrel!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest AuntJess
Down in Dorset we won't get Tonight with Sir Trev McDonut and FP on Monday. Radio Times for 22/9/08 South/West * South West next week's edition doesn't list it.

My paranoia is wondering whether this is a cynical attempt to prevent the SW sellers from realising that the game is up. They badly need to know this, as some are STILL putting silly prices on their properties. :rolleyes:

I shall keep my fingers crossed and be sat sittin', clutching a bag of popcorn and swigging a cup of Redbush tea! Us old gals can't hammer the booze like you young 'uns.Maybe that is why we lived long enough to be old....... ;)

As for FP...Go man, go! ^_^

edited for semantics

Edited by AuntJess

HOLA4423
Pleeze make the point that the last 11 years have NOT been an economic miracle. It was a mirage built on a debt bubble. All the media propaganda in support of it was just that: WHY was it not questioned more deeply ? WHY are we getting programmes like this now when it is too late?

Because most of the people who work in the media are not very bright and know very little about money. They are good at copying each other's copy about which bank tops the mortgage league table, and some of them are expert at reproducing press releases.

Independent thought is a rare commodity in journalism, it doesn't help your career very much either (Paul Foot and Robert Maxwell spring to mind). This is also the reason why real journalists are feted and hated in equal measure by the Grub Street hacks who populate most of the press and media in the UK - a mixture of admiration and envy.

You can usually spot a journalist who knows their subject - they quietly ask devastating questions - most of the people around them rarely understand the significance of it at the time though.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425