House Price Crash Forum

"i Want £425,000 Or Else I'll Take It Off The Market"

HOLA441

Now some of you may recall Eric Pebble acquainting HPC'ers with a lovely lady who had just the right approach to selling in a restricted market. Wisdom from her included:

"We don't understand why it's not selling, it's such a lovely price" :blink:

and:

"If there's still no movement between now and late summer, we'll take it off the market so we don't have to worry about it during the wedding and then maybe think again next summer."

Well late summer has passed and it seems she has finally woken up to smell the coffee.

Best enjoyed with the property bee add-in, of course.

BD

Edit: Typo

Edited by BREWERSDROOP

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
£75,000 drop. The coffee has indeed been smelt but will it be enough.

To be fair to her - which I don't really want to be - she is actually showing some determination to sell the place. Although her cottage is quite, quite small I think she is not necessarily "chasing the market down" but getting a little ahead of the market in general. After all, she has dropped nearly 17% in just 7 weeks. She wants to keep moving though as in a years time £300,000 will seem optimistic.

BD

Edit - clarity

Edited by BREWERSDROOP

HOLA446
To be fair to her - which I don't really want to be - she is actually showing some determination to sell the place. Although her cottage is quite, quite small I think she is not necessarily "chasing the market down" but getting a little ahead of the market in general. After all, she has dropped nearly 17% in just 7 weeks. She wants to keep moving though as in a years time £300,000 will seem optimistic.

BD

Edit - clarity

It's already optimistic to be honest. She paid £304k for it in 2006.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Now some of you may recall Eric Pebble acquainting HPC'ers with a lovely lady who had just the right approach to selling in a restricted market. Wisdom from her included:

"We don't understand why it's not selling, it's such a lovely price" :blink:

and:

"If there's still no movement between now and late summer, we'll take it off the market so we don't have to worry about it during the wedding and then maybe think again next summer."

Well late summer has passed and it seems she has finally woken up to smell the coffee.

Best enjoyed with the property bee add-in, of course.

BD

Edit: Typo

I wonder why they changed their mind. :unsure:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

2 Bed for £375,000

4876_EAN070262_IMG_00_0005.JPG

It's you lot that need to wake up FFS it's a 2 bed terrace that i would hate to live in and even at £75,000 i don't think i would want it.

Door stright into the living room and it's not even had it windows changed.

Do you think it in a ethnicaly enhanced area

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

If it were not in London, £55K

But the London factor its worth £155K

I'd say the London factor should discount it to 35k, but then I like fresh air and nature and shit.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
It's already optimistic to be honest. She paid £304k for it in 2006.

She was insane. Like the majority of people in the UK.

A 2 up/2 down terraced cottage. Solid walls, possibly only half brick wall between you and your neighbour, no damp course apart (perhaps) from a chemical pumped into the bricks (just a 30 year guarantee).

i.e. A very small, primitive dwelling that probably cost less than £100 to build.

When you think about it seriously, that cottage is worth what £10k? To say it's 'worth' 250k is just a continuation of the insanity. I wouldn't give anyone 250k for it. Not between now and hell freezing over.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

If it were not in London, £55K

But the London factor its worth £155K

I'm afraid I have to conclude that you're all mad in the London area. This house is only worth about £70K on a good day. The current high prices are where they are today following you idiots in London prepared to pay such horrendous prices. Shame on you.

HOLA4424
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life."

Yes I became tired of feral gangs of scrotes roaming round with knives and guns. I was tired of everything being at least twice as expensive as the rest of the UK. I was tired of spending an hour and a half stuck in traffic. I was tired of the miserable bastards on the tube every morning and evening. I was tired of the crowded dirty streets, tired of the crime, immigrants, pollution. Tired of the mentality of 90% of Londoners who can't see or accept that for me where I live now offers me a far better quality of life and an improved work / life balance.

HOLA4425