House Price Crash Forum

Gold Has Fallen >2 Std Devs From The Mean

HOLA441

erm... aren't we against blatant ramping here at HPC?

Nothing against making the case for any particular asset class/real investment, but this is just blatant ramping? Isn't it?

:unsure:

There have been many, many similar aticles in the last few days......

http://www.goldseek.com/

http://www.gata.org/

http://www.dollarcollapse.com/

http://news.silverseek.com/GoldIsMoney/1220733996.php

Edit: fixed quote

Edited by Bubble&Squeak

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest Mr Parry
Unless you intend to make your own argumemt and prediction may I suggest you go to another thread rather than insulting my forecast, based on historical precedent. (And fundamental analysis not mentioned here.)

25% by the year end, starting this week. Can't be more specific than that. Now what's your forecast for gold this year and next? I guess you don't have one. You just wish to insult others' forecasts. Not very useful or interesting.

That Gold bloke, Jim Rogers seems to think $1650/oz.

Who's got any faith in fiat currency any more?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
That Gold bloke, Jim Rogers seems to think $1650/oz.

Who's got any faith in fiat currency any more?

He's not a gold bloke - he's a commoditiies bloke.

Our base case: $1200-1500 by spring 2011 ie 33% to 85% within 2 and a half years.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Unless you intend to make your own argumemt and prediction may I suggest you go to another thread rather than insulting my forecast, based on historical precedent. (And fundamental analysis not mentioned here.)

25% by the year end, starting this week. Can't be more specific than that. Now what's your forecast for gold this year and next? I guess you don't have one. You just wish to insult others' forecasts. Not very useful or interesting.

your fundamental analysis thats not mentioned here, what a coincidence, my fundamental analysis is also not mentioned here so i guess we can both post as we seen to have both done the fundamental analysis.

HOLA4411
Guest Mr Parry

Our base case: $1200-1500 by spring 2011 ie 33% to 85% within 2 and a half years.

I'm in the muck business, BTW.

Thanks for the tip.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Hahahaha.

May as well toss a coin: Heads for up, Tails for down.

Really... pointless thread. Nobody knows what the future holds, ever.

yes but if you pretend you know and fool others into thinking you know with fundamental analysis you dont want to post. and then those poor fools act on your advise you could become a rich man.

not that FP fooling people on hpc is going to move gold much, just the general concept

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Be little heavy, no?

tbh i think the poor horse is fed to the brim until it cant hold it in anymore.

he is put to the start line in that fashion. its a modest horse and probably would think craping in the middle of a race track with all the cameras is unfitting.

so he runs his heart out to get to the bog which is positioned at the finish line

quite easy really once you understand the fundamental analysis

HOLA4416

Gold to be around $600 and Silver below $11 by Christmas. Based on Elliott waves.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Well here's my fundamental analysis as much as its worth.

Central banks are printing money. Credit is being destroyed as well but the printing will outweigh the destruction.

Gold is way below its inflation adjusted high which is well north of $2000 oz.........it could go much higher.

There is a large body of evidence that the price has been artificially supressed of a while. The bounce back will be fast and fairly immediate.

and I'll leave you with my favourite quotes:

"Gold is not less but more rational than paper money. Money holds value so long as it is in limited supply; gold will always be in limited supply, and would require real resources to produce even from the sea; paper and printing ink are not in limited supply. The gold system is much closer to a modern automatic scientific control system than the crude and relatively unstable system of paper."

William Rees-Mogg

The great merit of gold is precisely that it is scarce; that its quantity is limited by nature; that it is costly to discover, to mine, and to process; and that it cannot be created by political fiat or caprice."

Henry Hazlitt

Increasingly, the wealth of the modern world has come to be represented by financial assets rather than real assets, and this to me is a very unhealthy situation, because financial assets are inherently unstable. Financial assets (currencies, bonds, mortgages, stocks, bank credit, etc.) can be quickly and violently reduced in value, or destroyed completely by either inflation or deflation."

Donald J. Hoppe

and the best for last........

"If you don't trust gold, do you trust the logic of taking a beautiful pine tree, worth about $4,000 - $5,000, cutting it up, turning it into pulp and then paper, putting some ink on it and then calling it one billion dollars?"

Kenneth J. Gerbino

Edited by thefinalbear

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest Mr Parry
tbh i think the poor horse is fed to the brim until it cant hold it in anymore.

he is put to the start line in that fashion. its a modest horse and probably would think craping in the middle of a race track with all the cameras is unfitting.

so he runs his heart out to get to the bog which is positioned at the finish line

quite easy really once you understand the fundamental analysis

You see. When you money boys talk in simple terms, it's easy to understand.

HOLA4422

proviso; subject to completely changing "our" minds, a bit like the dow at 15,000 and hoping you've all forgotten this, blinded by recent good tv performances.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425