House Price Crash Forum

The Price Of Property C4 9pm Monday

Just seen the preview of the new channel 4 property program which starts on monday night THE PRICE OF PROPERTY.

Could be quite interesting its in four parts.

It shows one lady who i suspect is a BTLer saying "i,m losing money on all my 10 properties now"

Also about people who bought in the last 2 years being i negative equity.

It looks like it trys to explain how we got to were we are now.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at this page on the Guardian site, written by Jon Henley who made the programme...

Crisis? What crisis?

Tumbling house prices are sending politicians into a panic. But this could be the perfect opportunity to rethink Britain's attitude to bricks and mortar. A home should be something we live in, not something we speculate on, says Jon Henley - just like it is in most of the world

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/sep...ing.houseprices

Just seen the preview of the new channel 4 property program which starts on monday night THE PRICE OF PROPERTY.

It shows one lady who i suspect is a BTLer saying "i,m losing money on all my 10 properties now"

keep pumping this up so i can remember to watch it!

will set it up to record but watching news now...

Take a look at this page on the Guardian site, written by Jon Henley who made the programme...

Crisis? What crisis?

Tumbling house prices are sending politicians into a panic. But this could be the perfect opportunity to rethink Britain's attitude to bricks and mortar. A home should be something we live in, not something we speculate on, says Jon Henley - just like it is in most of the world

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/sep...ing.houseprices

If only, if only...but there will always be people who let their greed take over <_<

Agreed... ten properties?! Greedy *****!

But so long as they are "in it for the long term" everything will be fine

:P

(call that a bump)

I am looking forward to this program, just so long as it is evenly balanced and gives the viewers a fair refection of what is (has been) going on. (sadly I expect people like Kirstie to turn up and say that everything is 100% ok and we should continue buying at whatever personal cost)

That sounds like a refreshing change from all the repeated episodes of Property Ladder.
I think most of us know how we got here, but it will be interesting to hear another view.
That sounds like a refreshing change from all the repeated episodes of Property Ladder.

I think most of us know how we got here, but it will be interesting to hear another view.

They will have to add an extra chapter to include the near collapse of the american economy and the worldwide turmoil it would have caused.And there will be no happy ending for a while yet so they may have to make a sequel.

bump one hour to go! video set... for the series! (if the thing works...depends if it's on same time next week)

If it is a true reflection on the "price" of property then maybe the rest of the series will be mysteriously pulled/disappear to channel E-More4+1

This is the first of a series of four C4 programmes and should be going out same place, same time each week. This weeks is about London/SE property market, as viewed by a guy who has returned to UK after years abroad. Radio Times gives it a good review, and makes it today's 'Choice'.