House Price Crash Forum

Kingsoak Developer In Windsor1

HOLA441

There is a kingsoak deveolopement in windsor that sells 2 bed shoe boxes for £280k.

Whats interesting is that work has ceased on the last 15% of the developement, Also in the last week a massive massive sign, This sign has to be about 2 stories high and wide, With big red letters 10% Discount

I have seen many developements around here slough and maidenhead, and the signs just like the discounts are getting bigger and bigger

Has anyone noticed similar

HOLA442

There is a kingsoak deveolopement in windsor that sells 2 bed shoe boxes for £280k.

Whats interesting is that work has ceased on the last 15% of the developement, Also in the last week a massive massive sign, This sign has to be about 2 stories high and wide, With big red letters 10% Discount

I have seen many developements around here slough and maidenhead, and the signs just like the discounts are getting bigger and bigger

Has anyone noticed similar

I don,t frequent that way so often but any chance of a digi picture to send in, I am sure it would be appreciated :P

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
You have to remember Windsor is just about the most expensive place to buy a home outside london in the uk. And discounts mean nothing with new builds, they just start at a higher figure.

But it shows they're having to use new tactics to entice people (and I bet that's not working :lol: ), rather than flogging before the plans are complete.

HOLA4412

For the prices they are asking even with all the discounts, i could get a similar sized apartment right next door to the castle, and its none of your new build rubbish, nice high ceilings period features.

i would then still have a good 20k, who actually buys these places??

HOLA4413

I noticed in the Metro paper this morning that several pages of new builds are advertising not only stamp duty paid, deposit paid, discounts, etc, but also money towards your mortgage for a couple of years. I think the developers are starting to worry :)

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4414
If it's the development I'm thinking of I passed it last week.  It looks dreadful and is on very busy road....

I live just a few streets away from this new site. There are also a lot of new sites even in my street (has anyone seen this one:

http://www.conventcourt.com/cc_content.htm

very expensive, very nice though inside but man, on some of the appartments the windows are that high that you cannot even look outside, on others your view is right to the parking lot so people can watch you in your bedroom unless you close the curtains all day, and that for 250k + for a 2-bed appartment ???)

Yep, the Kingsoak development is really on a very busy roundabout so I cannot believe that people buy these instead of a nice semi....

I think it is just a question of time until the market will crash...

HOLA4415

right over the rounderbout there are about 4 big 4-5 bed houses with big gardensa that has been bought by developers, but still they have not started work, just borded up and looking bad

i wonder if they will start building?

• 8 months later...
HOLA4416

back from last april

had sold 70% now it is 90% sold

Still not many lights on at night, most are sitting empty or waiting to be let

was a big 1 page spread in the local reg this week

going on about how much kingsoak has improved our way of life and regenerated areas like slough

no mention of the ££££££ they have made

in the artical they boasted that the 2 penthouse apartments were sold within days of going on the market

but still all looking very emtpy, looks like they cant get rid of the last 10%

still offering loads of deals

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

A local development in Poulton continues to run ads which start with:

"It's official! Property prices are on the rise again"

Followed by:

"HUGE DISCOUNTS!"

in the same ad.

Meanwhile, one local development of shoeboxes has been scrapped, the site is now derelict.

Across the road at a another development there are never more than half a dozen cars in the car park and the huge sales sign says "Available from May". In all seriousness, I can't recall whether that was May 2005 or May 2004.

EDIT: just to add that those very same flats were advertised for prices up to 250k. Funny, since that buys a fantastic 5 bed detached locally. Nethouseprices shows sales IRO 179k and there are two in the local paper this week for 139k.

Edited by DTMark

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

THIS IS a serious sign.

Let's see if it spreads to major developers

Barratt Homes;

Centrum Woking

Have been offering lettings through their on site sales office for a couple of months now. The social housing block next door (right on top of the station) has been full for nearly 4 months now. All the DSS are in the block without the gym, with cheap standalone electric ovens, no reception area and no parking.

The main Centrum block is not much better. It goes higher so residents might escape the train and road noise, but I doubt it.

Apart from the lettings sign they are also offering discounts for first time buyers etc... no specifics just very large posters.

HOLA4421

just seen this on their site

£1,500 cashback every month for 2 years!**

kingsoak windsor

Good God, cashback really must rank up there at the very top as 'methods to entice idiots'.

Oooh, cashback! Great! <_<

Cashback on your mortgage, cashback on your flat....cashback on EVERYTHING!! Great!!

'Yes, it was a really good deal actually - we got £1500 cashback for two years' etc. etc....cue impressed and envious gasps from fellow dinner-party guests.

What moronic simpleton wouldn't be pleased with all that money for free??

Good to see the 'luxury apartment' builders getting desperate though :D

HOLA4422

Spooky - just noticed this one:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-953...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

Words fail me. Wouldn't you rather have something like this, in a considerably better area two miles away:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-974...pa_n=4&tr_t=buy

The flat above is in the same development I mentioned earlier, where the people who bought the first phase (in the newbuild blocks directly adjacent) can't "give them away" for 139k now.