25 August 2008 13:01:16

* Agents Address found: 85 High Street, Camberley, GU15 3RB

25 August 2008 13:01:00

* Price changed: from '£1,200,000' to '£899,950'

13 June 2008 19:43:29

* Agent found: Orchard Sales & Lettings Ltd

* Agents Location found: Camberley Sales

10 June 2008 11:44:46

* Brief Description found: A DETACHED HOUSE WHICH HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY EXTENDED AND REFITTED TO A HIGH STANDARD OFFERING FLEXIBLE, CONTEMPORARY LIVING SPACE. THE PROPERTY IS SITUATED IN ONE OF CAMBERLEYS FINEST ROADS ON A MATUR... [Found by johhnson]

* Price found: £1,200,000 [Found by johhnson]

* Status found: Available [Found by johhnson]

* Subtitle found: 6 bedroom detached

• 1 month later...

It may have finally sold. Having fallen through before. Be interesting to see what the final price was.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone know how things are going in those new flats?

Stopped off in Camberley the other day. Parked in Atrium development (which is infested with cruddy chain restaurants), residents car park was conspicuously empty. The town centre was VERY quiet, numerous empty shops in the mall, only place doing decent trade was Primark. Basically a sh1thole, hundreds of new flats and a few dozen identikit shops does not make a nice place to live. Things are MUCH busier in Guildford (which has the advantage of not basically being an army barracks and having plenty of decent old buildings rather than new crud).

Still promiment advertising for flats starting from £179k. You'd have to be mad.

Have they sold many?

First post here :lol:

Camberley will be better once the depression is over and some more shops open, but until then it'll be treading water. The top end houses arn't selling at all. As for the Atrium, you'll see the ones at the A30 end tend to be at least 50% full, I think all of them sold as they were put on the market in 2006 or something stupid, so lots of investers/scum got in thinking it was a good deal. If you look at the latest bit, hardly any are occupied.

I think that if they reduce the up front asking price by too much, the investors might try and sue, I've seen reports of this in the past, if you were to go in there and ask for a deal, I bet they'd do at least a 25% paid for deposit, so they still say they sold the flat for say £100k, when in reality you only paid £75k!

But, also look at some of the other flats in the area, they simply arn't selling and most of the people who I know who are my age, simply can't afford the deposit or are at risk of losing their job, so they' can't buy.

First post here :lol:

Camberley will be better once the depression is over and some more shops open, but until then it'll be treading water. The top end houses arn't selling at all. As for the Atrium, you'll see the ones at the A30 end tend to be at least 50% full, I think all of them sold as they were put on the market in 2006 or something stupid, so lots of investers/scum got in thinking it was a good deal. If you look at the latest bit, hardly any are occupied.

I think that if they reduce the up front asking price by too much, the investors might try and sue, I've seen reports of this in the past, if you were to go in there and ask for a deal, I bet they'd do at least a 25% paid for deposit, so they still say they sold the flat for say £100k, when in reality you only paid £75k!

But, also look at some of the other flats in the area, they simply arn't selling and most of the people who I know who are my age, simply can't afford the deposit or are at risk of losing their job, so they' can't buy.

Second response to you Pauly today, a good proportion of the flats in the atrium went to housing association i think about 30% (way more than would be required). They were up at 225k for 1beds originally, and i now see it advertised at 175. "investers" must be rather dissapointed already. Also they seem to come on at rent for 1bed at 850 and have to be brought down to at least 750. Miss selling on potential returns as well? heard it all before somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Bloke I work with announced this morning that he was thinking of buying one of the Atrium shoeboxes. Two bed priced at something like £220k, and he was going to offer £175k. Told him that he was mad, they would only continue dropping, nobody wants flats... blah, blah, blah. May as well have been talking to myself, as he just said he knows that "one or two sold last year for £285k, so it's a bargain". Numpty.

He used to work in an estate agents too - maybe he's been in touch with one of his mates who's told him what an absolute steal it is :rolleyes:

It's tough to say how much those things are really worth, I think £140k for a 2bed is fair, must rememeber they only have 1 car park space though. How do they expect a couple who both have decent jobs to share one car??

Anyway, check this out quickly ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_d...html/43uj.stm?f

Flats in Surrey Heath 11% down in the quarter, its not based on many sales though, most like because people realise they're not worth £200k!

holy crap!

Is the HA the ones that buy like half the flat and then rent the rest? Are there any old fashioned council housing style people living there, like no job, no life, 5 kids, no dad etc ...

I wouldn't pay £200k+ to live next door to someone who hasn't worked equally as hard.

• 2 weeks later...
holy crap!

Is the HA the ones that buy like half the flat and then rent the rest? Are there any old fashioned council housing style people living there, like no job, no life, 5 kids, no dad etc ...

I wouldn't pay £200k+ to live next door to someone who hasn't worked equally as hard.

Not sure about the quality of tennants. I don't think you would get the proper tards in their, that's what the James & Bristoe estates are for, circled by the police.

I've noticed in the last couple of weeks 3bed places in frimley green are coming back onto the market after going under offer in feb/march time (and originally posted in november) there's also one example of one which has now been marketed for over a year, 14months. and it has gone under offer once then back to available this week. They started at 267k oddly, and now its at 239k (still far to high) as a house on that road identical spec sold for 214k in January. They. are. screwed.