House Price Crash Forum

Imagine It Is The Future...

The Great Housing Market Crash of the 21st Century is over. Housing had fallen to a level far below that ever seen before, but now prices are rising again and annual HPI has just edged into positive territory. Will HPC survive? What will we be talking about? And will it be remembered that when the "experts" (i.e. Kirsty et al) scoffed, we knew the housing bubble had to end?

The Great Housing Market Crash of the 21st Century is over. Housing had fallen to a level far below that ever seen before, but now prices are rising again and annual HPI has just edged into positive territory. Will HPC survive? What will we be talking about? And will it be remembered that when the "experts" (i.e. Kirsty et al) scoffed, we knew the housing bubble had to end?

i havent seen any signs of this, all i can see is prices continuing to fall

i havent seen any signs of this, all i can see is prices continuing to fall

Hmm, yes...that's why the title says "Imagine it is the future...". Of course you haven't seen any signs of this, the crash has barely begun. I'm not suggesting the scenario I described is how things are now, rather it is some time in the indeterminate future. Crashes are like inverse bubbles, they come to an end and the boom times return whether we like it or not.

Ursa Minor

Sadly I dont think anyone will be particularly remembered for calling the future of the housing market. Not that I would particularly crave any credit - I'd just be satisfied with the outcome of a crash - affordably housing again.

But worse than the folk who "got it right" being forgotten, the folk who "got it very badly wrong" will also be forgotten. I doubt that the VIs will be criticised or discreditted or sacked, and there probably wont be any public backlash for VIs stoking the fires that caused the problem. We'll get the same cr@p from them in a few years time once the worst is over - "property is a surefire winner, it never goes down, new paradigm, it cant and wont crash again...". And sadly the greedy public will believe the lies, and it will all start again...

Like firetruck, who give a monkey's about what a few people on a website post.

Much more important is if yet again the lending industry get away with criminal the negligence and greed that once again stufss the UK economy and a large number of jobs and careers permantly wiped out for good.

1 million manufacturing jobs gone and counting.

errr ... i don't think you'll be gloating if there is a serious crash ... you will be wishing it hadn't happened because it's possible that the recession that ensues out of the crash will hit many of the HPC board members too.  Be careful what you gloat about before it's happened ..  :o

That old chestnut is a load of baloney.

Whateve comes next is as a result of lax lending criteria, speculation and a fools paradise economic system. It comes despite what is said on here and if anything the comments on here would have acted to temper the eventual fallout rather than accentuate it - well it would if it had the coverage the property and lending industry have had over the last few years.

Fact - the further down this monetary route we have gone the less competitive we have become and the more jobs have been put on the line. The money swilling round the system has not only been wasted it has had a detrimental effect on this country's cost base.

errr ... i don't think you'll be gloating if there is a serious crash ... you will be wishing it hadn't happened because it's possible that the recession that ensues out of the crash will hit many of the HPC board members too.  Be careful what you gloat about before it's happened ..  :o

You miss-understand, I won't be gloating, I'll be laughing, I'll be laughing at the fact that they couldn't see the train coming and sat on the level crossing with the engine switched off! Don;t do gloating, what is the point?

THEY caused this situation, they can live with the concequences, if I could afford a place to bring up my family without everyone getting stung I'd take it, but it's not me that caused all this madness!

Well, Apollo Crede. I'm a qualified Fireman and my Girlfriend is a qualified teacher, I have managed to gather together a tidy sum (through hard work and self dicipline) for rainy days (not mine, the BTL's), due to this i think that we are about as immune to a recession as anyone could be, we are in the proccess of (hopefully, don;t want to count any chickens) getting a rental flat from a housing assosiation which the rent will be below market rent.

So (without gloating) we are in a pretty good position (if I do say so myself)

Why not spen my time on HPC.co.uk? Just because I might be ok in a ressesion doesn;t mean I should pay 100% more for something than someone else.

Sensible = 3.5x our income. Wake me up when we get there apollo.

It think History will remember it was the turning point, when economic power shifted from the West (USA & Europe) to the East (China & SE Asia). Picture of Alan "bubble" Greenspan will be harsh: the man who bankrupted the US economy

Titanic scrapes past iceberg... water starts pouring into the forward compartments...Crew see a near miss and start complementing themselves on their success at avoiding disaster...

...salt is laid to stop passengers slipping on the ice on the deck...

...Meanwhile a small group of passengers have accumulated at the rear of the ship, wearing warm cloths, life jackets and are reading though the life boat lowering instructions...

A passer by asks a member of the group what they are doing and not liking the response asks:

- Your talking the ship down, i.e. you might be causing/accelerating the crash.

- Don't you know what kind of panic that kind of talk could cause?

- I understand your feelings about this, but what if you are affected too?

- A sinking will affect pretty much everyone, etc.

I don't know if anyone remembers who were the first people off?

I remember that I started reading www.f***edcompany.com a few months before the Dot-Com-Crash. There is always a group of people who see a disaster coming - hence diverse free societies are better at surviving the so called unforeseen.

Edited by whitemice

I have looked into my portal & see the future is bright for HPC. After the crash it will change it's name to HouseWhiteTrash.co.uk to help the Chav filled UC (United Chavdom) cope with the ongoing housing crisis.

The crash & economic meltdown was so bad, everyone is now a Chav as there's no point working, as there is no work. Even Bruno-damus is regarded as a Tory now. :)

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship