House Price Crash Forum

Price Of Gold Falling

HOLA441

At the first modern games in 1896 there were only 10 events (one of which was cancelled due to bad weather.)

At the Beijing games 302 gold medals will be handed out (actually more if you count each team member separately for team events.) They seem to have divided the games into more and more sports, mainly to hand out more medals. I think for the London games I may enter myself for the heavyweight synchronised coxless bicycle diving - I'll be guaranteed a gold since I won't tell anyone else the rules beforehand.

Anyway, I can only assume the IOC has been forward purchasing gold for years now. They've been pushing up the price something terrible. But now the games are coming to an end gold is falling. :lol:

The lesson here is: buy gold in 2011.

Edited by Nationalist

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

It’s time to introduce fiat medals, made out of nothing at all and lent to competitors at interest. Any competitor accepting one will have to pay it back in four years time, plus some extra interest of course. Since the medals can be issued only by the Olympic Committee, who have a monopoly on their production, this extra will have to come out of someone else’s fiat medal.

Consequently some medal winners will not be able to pay up. These losers will be declared athletically bankrupt and banned from competition for life.

HOLA446
HOLA447
It’s time to introduce fiat medals, made out of nothing at all and lent to competitors at interest. Any competitor accepting one will have to pay it back in four years time, plus some extra interest of course. Since the medals can be issued only by the Olympic Committee, who have a monopoly on their production, this extra will have to come out of someone else’s fiat medal.

Consequently some medal winners will not be able to pay up. These losers will be declared athletically bankrupt and banned from competition for life.

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA448

At the first modern games in 1896 there were only 10 events (one of which was cancelled due to bad weather.)

At the Beijing games 302 gold medals will be handed out (actually more if you count each team member separately for team events.) They seem to have divided the games into more and more sports, mainly to hand out more medals. I think for the London games I may enter myself for the heavyweight synchronised coxless bicycle diving - I'll be guaranteed a gold since I won't tell anyone else the rules beforehand.

Thank goodness there are more sports. It allows the UK (or should that be Team GB) to win more in more obscure sports - sailing, cycling etc.

For 2012 we need to add olympic skateboarding, illegal music downloading, chav stabbings, pie eating, Bacardi Breezer drinking etc. so that Britain can win more medals.

HOLA449
snip

For 2012 we need to add olympic skateboarding, illegal music downloading, chav stabbings, pie eating, Bacardi Breezer drinking etc. so that Britain can win more medals.

not forgetting the vomitting long throw, the 3 ft peeing through letter box event, and the missed punches drunken knockabout event.