Property Ladder

HOLA441
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
For sheer plonkerishness this weeks 'developers' look like classics.  They have just bought their third property on a credit card!

Even Sarah Beeny seems to be cacking herself about thsee peoples financial folly.

If recent programmes have been anything to go by they'll probably sell to a relative/neighbour/tooth fairy for a hansome profit.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest consa

Did they double up the plasterboard? ie 2 layers, if not this contravenes fire and building regs,

did they install this beam? if so they would have to supply supporting calcs possibly unless it is standard size which it could be, definately would require bldg regs anyway, sorry not watching it i would puke!!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

At least the kids are modest and realise their ****-ups... funnily enough it's the parents who are dreaming of a higher asking price ("because of all th ework we've put in").

The kids practically mocked the 87.5 EA estimate.

The kids: "It's not so much about making money as helping Mum & Dad out."

How nice are these kids?

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
The kids practically mocked the 87.5 EA estimate.

And yet they let the 87.5K valuation go to their head because that's what they put it on for ! One month, no offers. Hardly surprising.

Liked Sarah Beeney pointing out that the work they put in amounts to them less than earning the minimum wage.

How stupid can you get ? This family were just another example of people brainwashed by this property bubble.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Hang on a minute... Sarah Benny says "they've suceeded in bolstering their pension" .. but they've not actually sold the house... what?

She seems to be openly talking the marked down and rubbishing unrealistic EA valuations, good on her.

Am I right in assuming they haven't sold at the 87 grand then?

I still can't get over using a CREDIT CARD for the deposit. Shouldn't that be illegal or something? Call me naiive.... :unsure:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
I still can't get over using a CREDIT CARD for the deposit. Shouldn't that be illegal or something?

It used to be. If mortgage lenders found out you had borrowed your deposit they would normally refuse the loan, as it would take the LTV up to 100%. Of course in a bubble, prudent lending standards go out the window.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425