House Price Crash Forum

Comer Homers

moneybags

HOLA441

Gunner rob you still fighting them??

How are things mate, not much better here at Mast Quay, got a few things done, the heating is working, me windows have been fixed by the Premier people took 3 years though!!!

Still waiting for the second new lift, year and a half to fit so far!!

Mike

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Hi Mike

No im not fighting them anymore, im sick of all there lies, im to busy working away at moment.

Our leisure suit has been out of action for nearly 2 years, was suppose to re-open Dec but now there

saying pool needs to completly re-tiled, its a joke...

Our 2nd lift works now but nothing else is going on from what i hear..

I did see someone sold a 2 bed for £245K last Dec, id snap there hand off if i had got that offer.

As i said before nothing will change, they must be so much in debt as so many complex are still for

sale after 8 + years and no one is buying, our penthouse apts have been on market since 1999, not

one has sold or even rented.. then agqain at 500k to 950k, cant see anyone mad enough to buy...

There other complex in Harrow, Bradstow House is just a graffiti riden shell for over 2 years now...

Cheers

Rob

• 7 months later...
HOLA443
  • 1 month later...
HOLA444
HOLA445

Past developments are a tribute to the expertise and ingenuity of Comer Homes. With an enviable reputation for their new build developments and sympathetic, imaginative and successful conversion of historic buildings, Comer Homes have always relied on their own expertise to produce residences of great charm and distinction.

With UK properties in and around London, Comer Homes will certainly have either a new build or refurbished apartment to suit everyone. Ingenuity, tenacity and a keen eye for the residential property market has seen Comer Homes grow from strength to strength in the last 15 years.

Comer's blend of historic and modern developments have made a considerable contribution to modern residential living.

And that was a party political broadcast by the Labour Party.

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

CHECK THIS OUT

COMER HOMES LIMITED

inShare.

Companies House status: Active

Company Information

Registration Date: 28/01/1998

Registration Number: 03500705

Type: Private Limited with share capital

Accounts filed on: 22/03/2011

For period to: 30/06/2010

Category: Dormant

Registered Address

1 COMER HOUSE,

19 STATION ROAD

BARNET

EN5 1QJ

Activities

SIC classification code: 9999

SIC classification: DORMANT

Cash at Bank : £0

Cash at bank and 'in hand' is the bank balance for COMER HOMES LIMITED at the end date of the period the accounts were for.

Net Worth : £0

A company’s Net Worth is calculated as Shareholders Funds minus Intangible Assets. £0 is from the accounts filed in 2010

• 4 months later...
HOLA449

CHECK THIS OUT

COMER HOMES LIMITED

inShare.

Companies House status: Active

Company Information

Registration Date: 28/01/1998

Registration Number: 03500705

Type: Private Limited with share capital

Accounts filed on: 22/03/2011

For period to: 30/06/2010

Category: Dormant

Registered Address

1 COMER HOUSE,

19 STATION ROAD

BARNET

EN5 1QJ

Activities

SIC classification code: 9999

SIC classification: DORMANT

Cash at Bank : £0

Cash at bank and 'in hand' is the bank balance for COMER HOMES LIMITED at the end date of the period the accounts were for.

Net Worth : £0

A company’s Net Worth is calculated as Shareholders Funds minus Intangible Assets. £0 is from the accounts filed in 2010

Luck Comer - how dodgy - see below

Director Summary

Mr Luke Andrew Comer has 51 company director or secretary appointments.

Short name - Luke Comer

Director ID : 906562246

Month/Year of Birth: 11/1957

(For security reasons we only show Month/Year)

Address

1 Comer House

19 Station Road

Barnet

Hertfordshire

United Kingdom

EN5 1QJ

Advertise on this website

Company Summary

Company Name Company Status

WANDALE LIMITED Active

TULSA LIMITED Active

DINAGOLD LIMITED Active

HINDALE LIMITED Active

CALDA LIMITED Active

CONEL LIMITED Active

BILROSE LIMITED Active

HILDO LIMITED Active

DARONA LIMITED Active

ASINO LIMITED Active

AXELMARK LIMITED Active

COMER PROPERTY MANAGEMENT LIMITED Active

BENFIELD PROPERTIES LIMITED Active

FIELDGRANGE PROPERTIES LIMITED Active

COMER GROUP LIMITED Active

CRAFTBOURNE PROPERTIES LIMITED Active

COMER (NEW SOUTHGATE) NO. 2 LIMITED Active

COMER (NEW SOUTHGATE) NO 1 LIMITED Active

COMER PROPERTIES(1) LIMITED Active

MATLEX LIMITED Active

ROSEPLOT PROPERTIES LIMITED Active

DOVEPARK PROPERTIES LIMITED Active

SEAPARK PROPERTIES LIMITED Active

COMER HOMES LIMITED Active

BALCRAFT PROPERTIES LIMITED Active

PALACEMEWS PROPERTIES LIMITED Active

BECKFIELD LIMITED Active

RIDGELAND PROPERTIES LIMITED Active

SANCROFT PROPERTIES LIMITED Active

MILTONLAND LIMITED Active

BLESSVILLE LIMITED Active

BROOKSTREAM PROPERTIES LIMITED Active

OPECPRIME DEVELOPMENT LIMITED Active

OPECPRIME PROPERTIES LIMITED Active

OPECPRIME LIMITED Active

ARROWFORCE LIMITED Active (Director Resigned 30/06/2004)

NEWSTAR PROPERTIES LIMITED Active (Company Secretary Resigned 22/11/2006)

NEWSTAR PROPERTIES LIMITED Active (Director Resigned 22/11/2006)

OPECPRIME DEVELOPMENT LIMITED Active (Company Secretary Resigned 06/03/2000)

OPECPRIME LIMITED Active (Company Secretary Resigned 06/03/2000)

ROSSMARK PROPERTIES LIMITED In Administration

CARLSON PROPERTIES LIMITED In Administration

CHANTSTREAM LIMITED In Administration

THE BOW LANE PLAYING FIELDS TRUST Dissolved

CROSSPARK LIMITED Dissolved

ELFMORE PROPERTIES LIMITED Dissolved

BRIDGELEIGH PROPERTIES LIMITED Dissolved

ELMTREE PROPERTIES LIMITED Dissolved

THE COMER GROUP PLC Dissolved

NETTLE INVESTMENTS BORON Dissolved (Director Resigned 30/06/2004)

22 KING EDWARD ROAD NEW BARNET (MANAGEMENT) LIMITED Dissolved (Director Resigned 04/06/1998)

• 2 months later...
HOLA4410

Quite clearly Comer homes operates through a succession of individual subsidiary companies, When a development goes bad (e.g. Bradstowe House in Harrow, where work stopped in 2008) that company stands or falls on its own. Carlson Properties Limited was the parent company for Bradstowe House is now in administration (since July 2011)and likely to be wound up with huge debts (probably to banks). Messers Comer will have lost their investment in the company and its subsidiaries (let me guess about £100 for each) and their directors income. The assets of the companies in administration will be sold off by the administrators to pay a pittance back to the creditors and somebody else will take on and eventually complete the development. It could of course be another Comer Group Company (if they can find a bank prepared to finance them as I doubt they'd ever put their money on the line in one of these ventures) but any sensible bank might well be put off now by their history.

The thing about this decentralised company structure is that it enables the profitable developments to make the Comers rich while letting any loss making developments fall to the lenders - i.e. the banks. Whether you view the Comers as rougues or just clever businessmen is up to you, but quite clearly they know exactly which side their bread is buttered.

Clearly the gravy train came to an abrupt halt in 2007/8 and many were caught out at that time - Including British Irish and Spanish banks, and the Comers could well claim to be victims of the crunch. However I don't expect that their personal wealth was dented too much - it will have been well protected out of reach of the creditors.

HOLA4411

Quite clearly Comer homes operates through a succession of individual subsidiary companies, When a development goes bad (e.g. Bradstowe House in Harrow, where work stopped in 2008) that company stands or falls on its own. Carlson Properties Limited was the parent company for Bradstowe House is now in administration (since July 2011)and likely to be wound up with huge debts (probably to banks). Messers Comer will have lost their investment in the company and its subsidiaries (let me guess about £100 for each) and their directors income. The assets of the companies in administration will be sold off by the administrators to pay a pittance back to the creditors and somebody else will take on and eventually complete the development. It could of course be another Comer Group Company (if they can find a bank prepared to finance them as I doubt they'd ever put their money on the line in one of these ventures) but any sensible bank might well be put off now by their history.

The thing about this decentralised company structure is that it enables the profitable developments to make the Comers rich while letting any loss making developments fall to the lenders - i.e. the banks. Whether you view the Comers as rougues or just clever businessmen is up to you, but quite clearly they know exactly which side their bread is buttered.

Clearly the gravy train came to an abrupt halt in 2007/8 and many were caught out at that time - Including British Irish and Spanish banks, and the Comers could well claim to be victims of the crunch. However I don't expect that their personal wealth was dented too much - it will have been well protected out of reach of the creditors.

about time the UK limited the number of directorships one can hold to 3.

• 1 month later...
HOLA4412

Hi matey,

well yes its all gone quiet here too, RS met us recently but except for the yellow lines and the new parking signs nothing has changed, the squatters are still here, the satelite dishes have gone but no parking enforcement yet

Also he says our service is by sq ft but the service woman says now done by number of bedrooms!!!

Im checking my lease should be 0.59% of something?

any ideas mate,

Mike

Hi Mike,

How's the Mast Quay property now?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Ha, how funny to find this thread.

My ex rented one of the penthouses in this block, three students split a three bed penthouse for £1500 a month, was quite the bargain.

lifts never worked though, and no one cared about the state of it

lifts never worked? when was that?

sorry, i misunderstood your reply.

HOLA4420

lifts never worked? when was that?

sorry, i misunderstood your reply.

I gotta think about this. I broke up with her in July 2010, so she would have lived there from around july 2009 I would guess?

Never had both lifts functioning at once the whole time i was visiting, and got progressively dirtier in the lift/halls whilst there. Was a nice flat though, but the balcony had concrete paving slabs on it whcih was weird.

HOLA4421

I gotta think about this. I broke up with her in July 2010, so she would have lived there from around july 2009 I would guess?

Never had both lifts functioning at once the whole time i was visiting, and got progressively dirtier in the lift/halls whilst there. Was a nice flat though, but the balcony had concrete paving slabs on it whcih was weird.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
HOLA4422

Good luck to you, it's your home so just enjoy, it's not like buying a new car. Unfortunately we bought from comer homes in Woolwich and they stitched us up price wise and central heating air on etc. it's all gone wrong, Russian system and now obsolete, Comer will not take responsibility even tho this was a new build. BeCareful out there, lots of fast buck heartless crooks out there....

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Good luck to you, it's your home so just enjoy, it's not like buying a new car. Unfortunately we bought from comer homes in Woolwich and they stitched us up price wise and central heating air on etc. it's all gone wrong, Russian system and now obsolete, Comer will not take responsibility even tho this was a new build. BeCareful out there, lots of fast buck heartless crooks out there....

HI

I am an owner at Comer House New Barnet.

The air con systems are basically a box with various parts put into them. It's not an off the shelf system.

When I moved in 3 years ago I had numerous Heating engineers in who couldn't fix. Finally I found one person who was willing to give it a go. I gave him my system for 3 weeks , he dissected it put it back together and is the only person that knows how they work.

I recommended him to Comer as he is the only person that knows how the systems work.

Unfortunatley that also means he is very busy as he fixes all the systems

His name is Greg from XXXXXXXXXXXX -- MOD EDIT NO PERSONAL OR BUSINESS DETAILS PLEASE