House Price Crash Forum

Comedy Value - 10/10

Antsy

I really hope they are wrong about St albans as thats where I'm looking.

I could move there now and have a cheaper mortgage than my rent (only due to 40% deposit), oh dear what to do...

It pretty overpriced anyway I'd have thought.

St Albans and Harpenden were both crazy last year (when I was looking in the latter). Seems to have slowed down a lot now though. Wouldn't let this rubbish influence you.

Streatham- street crime, drugs, prostitution, burglaries, a soulless, windswept High Street, dodgy nightclubs, kebab and burger bars... but to people in Brixton in must seem like Beverly Hills, so perhaps that dynamic might keep prices boyant? If you had a family you'd definitely have to factor in annual private school fees. On the other hand, why not just pick somewhere better to live in the first place?

Doncaster, Hull Sheffield 'triangle'  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ive lived in & around this area for most of my life and I've heard it called a few things, but 'triangle' is a first.

There's loads of overpriced properties round here that just aren't selling. One near me (Hull area) has been on the market for over a year and there seems no interest in it.

Someone I work with is selling a bungalow in East Yorks, he keeps knocking 10k off the price every few months, quite a few viewings but no actual offers.

Lincoln prices seem to be falling too, or at least stagnating. There just aren't the high salaries round here to sustain the silly prices that people are asking.