House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

E C B Fail To Hike, Trichet Says Poisons Are Now Hatching Out

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/07082008/325/ecb-h...aterialise.html

ECB holds rates and says growth risks materialise
By Marc Jones
The European Central Bank left interest rates unchanged on Thursday and President Jean-Claude Trichet said
risks to economic growth were starting to materialise
, causing markets to rule out more rate rises this year.
Economists had seen the decision to keep rates at 4.25 percent as a near certainty following a 25-basis point increase last month, and Trichet broadly stuck to the Governing Council's monetary policy stance set after its July policy meeting.
Trichet said the ECB had no bias or pre-commitment on future rate moves, and stressed its focus on inflation, but markets viewed his comments on growth as effectively ruling out any further rate rises this year.
"We are identifying downside risks since a number of months, and I would say that the information that we had very clearly suggests the materialisation of those risks," Trichet said at his monthly news conference.
Euro zone government bond and interest rate futures rallied in response as markets unwound expectations for more rate increases this year.

Some suggested as long ago as 2 years that the same old sneeze:cold analogy no longer applies due to "de-coupling." It seems not.

"All the posions lying in the mud are about to hatch out."(I, Clavdivs)

the forces rally that all this is good news. It must be nearly all over then.

RB you keep pointing the finger at europe !

Get over it they are in a much better position to ride out the storm than the USA or UK.

Enjoy your short rise of the USD, Guess it got to have some good days.

i wanna see your face when the thugs running the country switch over to the euro even if 99% of the population don't want it.

my guess is you will get 1.10e to the pound on entry but i might downgrade it further.

RB you keep pointing the finger at europe !

Get over it they are in a much better position to ride out the storm than the USA or UK.

Enjoy your short rise of the USD, Guess it got to have some good days.

i wanna see your face when the thugs running the country switch over to the euro even if 99% of the population don't want it.

my guess is you will get 1.10e to the pound on entry but i might downgrade it further.

So huge instant inflation then?

'Trichet Says Poisons Are Now Hatching Out'

:lol:

No, he said the POISSONS are hatching. That's French for fish. He's been eating too many oysters again.