House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ianbeale

Come Join Us!

They won't Ian. If you sign up then you might have to contribute and then you might get slayed for your lack of spelling and grammer ;)

They won't Ian. If you sign up then you might have to contribute and then you might get slayed for your lack of spelling and grammer ;)

Only 1 "L" in speling!!

Der

But come on.. join us - you know you all want to!

Edited by sbn

If you are about to sign up, welcome, but where have you been for the past few years ? You`ve missed plenty of accurate predictions and good advice (as well as few more "extreme" views ;) ).

Only 1 "L" in speling!!

Der

But come on.. join us - you know you all want to!

I just love it when a plan bears fruit so fast ;)

For some reason I feel an overwhelming urge to put my head out the window and yell "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more".

Do you have a more famous and now deceased brother called Howard?

Edited by ParticleMan

Well I just signed up, so you can consider that a victory :lol:. I've posted a question too which hopefully will show up shortly.

So, hello everyone :D.

yeah, you know you want to...a lot of the advice is good but the coffee's crap :P

There are journos I am sure who read the posts here and then trot off to write up articles, without acknowledging the source. yesterday I read some interesting stuff by posters as to why the SDLT deferral wont work and lo and behold i was hearing the same stuff by preston et al on the beeb at 10.

:lol:

OK, I signed up. I have been lurking for several months now, attracted by the raw intellect of contributors and the diversity of their views. I have learned a lot from you folks. Thanks.

Welcome Seniorbear, spotthedog and MLDK! good to have you on board

Posting Q's is a bit dificult at first (see the sticky thread) - but it soon gets easier

Welcome Seniorbear, spotthedog and MLDK! good to have you on board

Posting Q's is a bit dificult at first (see the sticky thread) - but it soon gets easier

Yes welcome you guys. Of course some of the old grouches on here won't welcome you :( Well at least not until we see 3.5x joint earnings for a house!

Guest X-QUORK
I'm leaving soon...

Has the firm been laying people off? Got the golden handshake and time to retire in Provence?

Welcome to all the new guys.

That's a pity (for the rest of us). Why, may I ask?

Peter.

Well thank you, but I don't think you'll miss me that much as I don't have a great deal to contribute any more. I intend writing a full version of my understanding of house prices , how and why they have evolved and where they are heading to and then leave the site for a year or so.

I have found that there is little to dsicuss any more. There are no bulls left, so there is no one to counter the bear arguments. Recently, I have replaced this by explaining what has been going on in the markets and why, but too often I get bogged down in conversations with people who simply do not believe my explanations of such things as derivatives, the banking system etc. and see me as a psrt of the consipiracy they imagine. I don't mind, but it just means that I am not getting much informed discussion any more. In other words, it's mostly a load of people who agree with me and in many cases are saying the same things as me or it's a few people who refuse to undertstand the financial markets. In both cases, I am getting no push back on what I am saying. Addiitonally and more fundamentally, the bear case for me is settled for the time being - all that is left is to see how far we fall and over what period. I think it's 40% over 6 years from last year, but I am almost certainly wrong as all precise predicitons are - there is a long time to wait to find out.

In other words, it's mostly a load of people who agree with me and in many cases are saying the same things as me or it's a few people who refuse to undertstand the financial markets.

Hah. I'll stick my neck out and tell you you're still wrong-by-virtue-of-too-early on the GSE nationalisation thing.

It'll happen, but only after there's an ex-president to blame.

Well thank you, but I don't think you'll miss me that much as I don't have a great deal to contribute any more. I intend writing a full version of my understanding of house prices , how and why they have evolved and where they are heading to and then leave the site for a year or so.

I have found that there is little to dsicuss any more. There are no bulls left, so there is no one to counter the bear arguments. Recently, I have replaced this by explaining what has been going on in the markets and why, but too often I get bogged down in conversations with people who simply do not believe my explanations of such things as derivatives, the banking system etc. and see me as a psrt of the consipiracy they imagine. I don't mind, but it just means that I am not getting much informed discussion any more. In other words, it's mostly a load of people who agree with me and in many cases are saying the same things as me or it's a few people who refuse to undertstand the financial markets. In both cases, I am getting no push back on what I am saying. Addiitonally and more fundamentally, the bear case for me is settled for the time being - all that is left is to see how far we fall and over what period. I think it's 40% over 6 years from last year, but I am almost certainly wrong as all precise predicitons are - there is a long time to wait to find out.

Well I can't fault your logic, but don't forget the silent majority here who value your posts but don't "push back", for the simple reason that they don't understand enough to be able to challenge you. That accounts for most of us, and I think nearly all of us would be sorry to see you go - how about an occasional cameo slot to update us?

And if that's no good, I'll start by saying that your posts are shit because <intelligent commentators insert argument here> ;)

Seriously EDM - you, ?..! and dstars are / have been some of the most interesting and informed posters here - it's a shame to lose you just because there's no-one to take you on at your level. Would it help if I donned a saucy avatar and started questioning whether countries really exist?

Hah. I'll stick my neck out and tell you you're still wrong-by-virtue-of-too-early on the GSE nationalisation thing.

It'll happen, but only after there's an ex-president to blame.

I agree.

See how dull that is?!

Well I can't fault your logic, but don't forget the silent majority here who value your posts but don't "push back", for the simple reason that they don't understand enough to be able to challenge you. That accounts for most of us, and I think nearly all of us would be sorry to see you go - how about an occasional cameo slot to update us?

And if that's no good, I'll start by saying that your posts are shit because <intelligent commentators insert argument here> ;)

Seriously EDM - you, ?..! and dstars are / have been some of the most interesting and informed posters here - it's a shame to lose you just because there's no-one to take you on at your level. Would it help if I donned a saucy avatar and started questioning whether countries really exist?

Thanks for the kind words.

The nation state only exists as a mechanism to provide collective services which people cannot provide individually. E.g. Defence, a fair business environment etc. In some ways this imposition of society proves Margaret Thatcher's assertion that society doesn't exist - or not naturally anyway. Of course, it has been abused countless times, but that doesn't change its true purpose.

See how dull that is?!

LOL! Yeah Ok.

I'd invite you to return and spam us all with the details of where you've gone when you figure out what the next (and hopefully, equally interesting) wrinkle is going to be. Unfortunately, I suspect "media whore" isn't your strongest suit (and that you'd only disappoint if I did). :)

Good luck anyway, you've got a rare talent there.