House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
grey shark

Bbc Informing The People Of Todays -1.7% Drop

Bear food to the masses from the BBC ........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7546644.stm

Falling fast

In June, the Halifax forecast that house prices would probably fall by about 9% over the course of this year.

:lol:

I though so too

Particularly liked this - BBC must have a work experience kid in who can read statistics

The Halifax's survey, which suggests prices are falling at their fastest rate since 1992, chimes with that of rival mortgage lender the Nationwide.

The building society recently calculated that UK property prices had fallen by 8.1% in the year to July.

However, using a comparable methodology to that of the Nationwide, the Halifax's figures would have shown an even greater fall, of 10.9%

and

Falling fast

In June, the Halifax forecast that house prices would probably fall by about 9% over the course of this year.

However, figures from the lender indicate that price falls have already exceeded that, falling by 10% in the first seven months of the year alone.

The business guy on Breakfast, the Aussie, had a report this morning about the difficulty getting mortgages. He was very bearish at the end saying that all the people he had talked to seem certain prices will fall even further in 2009 so hold off from buying anything now.

There seems to have been a major paradigm shift at the BBC. Perhaps the Aussie guy (Aaron I think his name is) has a bit of bearish clout there since Declan went to Working Lunch.

There seems to have been a major paradigm shift at the BBC. Perhaps the Aussie guy (Aaron I think his name is) has a bit of bearish clout there since Declan went to Working Lunch.

He's very Dale Winton

I think the Aaron guy just tells it as it is a bit more, Declan seemed to have more of an agenda.

I think the Aaron guy just tells it as it is a bit more, Declan seemed to have more of an agenda.

Perhaps from a recently acquired BTL portfolio.

aren't they simply trying to pressurise the BoE not to raise interest rates, ie a tacit and careful bit of popular pressure administered from an alternative govt channel?

That seems quite a demotion, from prime time news to financial advice for pensioners and housewives.

He's probably angling for a place on the One Show eventually. What a waste of money that programe is.

It was very noticeable that on the midday BBC R4 news headlines the Halifax YoY was quoted at -11%'ish. Two hours earlier, they had said -8%'ish. Someone must have taken a policy decision to ignore Halifax's slant on the figures. Good for the ol' BBC!

p

It's worth tuning in these mornings, just to see how much further Declan's face has fallen.

The worry is definitely helping his weight problem, though.

I quite like the One Show

BBC Local radio - now there's a waste of money

:o

Given the choice between mindless chatter with two abject retards or the greatness of the Channel 4 New team, why would anyone choose the One Show? Just the title music makes me want to decapitate myself.

Edited by JohnnyB