House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Joey Buttafueco Jr

Barclays Numbers Out

I find Barclays fiscal reports very hard to believe. Am I correct in thinking that they are just not marking stuff down in line with their peers in other companies?

what I fail to understand is how they can go about maintaining divis in the same year as they capital raise?????Noel,you're sort of on the inside,can you explain.

My view is that they are very very reluctant to cut divis as it makes their institutional shareholders most unhappy. I recall reading about this with Lloyds few years back when their divi was thinly covered and analysts were saying it should be cut

I find Barclays fiscal reports very hard to believe. Am I correct in thinking that they are just not marking stuff down in line with their peers in other companies?

I haven't looked closely at the numbers, but I'm sure there will be some decent blogs with forensic analysis in the next few hours

The rumours on Barclays have changes over the last year, first was stories of Barclays huge exposure to CDO’s etc.

However now the story is that yes they have this exposure but only to the best quality.

This is possibly true, after all Barcap was preeminent in this area even inventing some of the more crazy products. People working there are some of the few which really understood this stuff and that goes right up to the top at Barcap. The banks really taking a bath on this are the ones which joined the party very late.