House Price Crash Forum
lagos36

Is The Crash Really Starting?

I have not been on here for quite some time and I have been totally out of touch with the housing market, I spoke to a British bricklayer while working here in Canada and he says the crash is well under way with prices coming down and construction work drying up and wages coming down. Is there any truth in this or has he got it wrong?

I have not been on here for quite some time and I have been totally out of touch with the housing market, I spoke to a British bricklayer while working here in Canada and he says the crash is well under way with prices coming down and construction work drying up and wages coming down. Is there any truth in this or has he got it wrong?

It's true. And more violent than my most optimistic bearish wet dreams.

It's true. And more violent than my most optimistic bearish wet dreams.

Thats great , I am very happy about that, the more the prices come down the better IMO, it was always going to happen it was just a matter of when , not if, I thought it was on the cards 3 years ago.

Nah, he's only havin a laugh. property only ever goes up. Honest. By the way I know a lovely two bed luxury appt. that'd be right up your street...

The government is doing its best to soften the blows.

Muppets :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I went on a train ride around Kent at the weekend. Everyone I sat near was talking about the recession, as if we're in one already.

I guess they're right :unsure: .

No .. no ... no :angry:

House Prices will increase 25 to 30% over the next two years. A group of people with vested interests said so, and so did a bunch of fishy forum members ;)

What's the situation in Canada?

The situation here in Vancouver is pretty healthy, loads of construction going on everywhere and house prices remain high, no sign of any leveling off in prices , quite different from the situation next door in the US and back home in Blighty.

The situation here in Vancouver is pretty healthy, loads of construction going on everywhere and house prices remain high, no sign of any leveling off in prices , quite different from the situation next door in the US and back home in Blighty.

http://www.canadian-housing-price-charts.2...price_chart.htm

"This chart shows Vancouver detached, attached and apartment (condo) prices. In June all three categories retreated from their April-May 2008 record highs. Sales continue to plummet at 24% M/M and 43% Y/Y. Since April, the combined residential inventory has risen 21% Y/Y"

ouch !

Bankers in towers

Working in fractions

Causing nightmares

On Wall Street

Of credit contractions

The money supply

Has stopped in it's tracks

Repossess some more homes

Came the word from the fax.

Edited by the anti krust