House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Weather - Summer Blues

Looking out of the window now at the dark grey sky and the pouring rain - it seems to have started raining sometime last October and hasn't stopped since - it just occured to me that the miserable weather must also be having a factor on the whole house buying/selling game at the moment.

Yes, I know that the credit crunch, lack of mortgages and ridiculous asking prices are the main reasons for the slump in the housing market but this ruddy grey, depressing, wet and miserable Summer of ours must be having an affect also?

Apparently GPs are being inundated with people feeling pretty miserable and down in the dumps and the lack of blue skies, sunshine and Vit D is the cause. At this rate I think it is going to rain until Winter arrives.

I am amazed that we are not hearing of more EAs blaming the lack of house sales on the weather.

Oddly enough, friends of mine came back from Greece last week and said that, at 40 degrees, it was simply too hot. The problem they have over there with their housing market is drought and fire by all accounts.

Nah, the weather is caused by human behaviour.

Not enough sunny dispositions to clear the skies Im afraid.

Guest X-QUORK

Yes the weather is pants, not sure it can be blamed for the housing crash though.

Just to be a pedantic grammar-nazi for a second, something is affected by an effect. ;)

I am amazed that we are not hearing of more EAs blaming the lack of house sales on the weather.

Kirsty cant ask the weather for a tax break.

Ha! Weather has been pretty good in the SE. And I have stopped smoking so I feel great!

Yes the weather is pants, not sure it can be blamed for the housing crash though.

Just to be a pedantic grammar-nazi for a second, something is affected by an effect. ;)

That's what he said n'est ce pas?

anyway I don't mind the weather too much tbh - my cricket season hasn't been affected too badly, so I have been able to effect my superior batting technique without trouble...

EDIT: yep you're right, I was looking at the wrong post...

Edited by Optimuswolf

The weather's not too bad down here on the south coast :P

I drove to Scotland last week, weather was dire during the drive, but as soon as I returned to the south coast there was nothing but blue skies. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been a great summer, but I wouldn't live anywhere else in Britain because of it!

Anyway, house transactions are still shight tho!

The weather's not too bad down here on the south coast :P

I drove to Scotland last week, weather was dire during the drive, but as soon as I returned to the south coast there was nothing but blue skies. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been a great summer, but I wouldn't live anywhere else in Britain because of it!

Anyway, house transactions are still shight tho!

Sandbanks? The sun always shines there doesnt it...

Guest X-QUORK
That's what he said n'est ce pas?

Nope.

"wet and miserable Summer of ours must be having an affect also?"

You're making me feel bad for bringing it up now, just leave it!

The weather has afflicted my brain. Need one of those SAD lights for the Summer now.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I don't know about you chaps, but I'd never consider purchasing the most expensive asset of my entire life when it's raining.