House Price Crash Forum
Live_in_hope

Estate Agents Saved From The Dole

I worked at Mcdonalds 1998-2001. Can't say it was a pleasant job but the people are much nicer than those in Estate Agency by and large - and you get free meals!

Plus the lard osmosis.

Plus the lard osmosis.

yep the worst part of the job was the smell afterwards. Quite frequently I would go to the pub afterwards - thank god this was the days before the smoking ban and the smell just mixed in with everything else...

I actually stayed slim during this time, no idea how given the 40 nuggets per shift that I got through.

Anyway, McDonalds is a job which is better than no job.

Cue heavy Yiddish accent: Only 4,000 vacancies and so many EAs---oish................

Enough with the fries already?

loads of them are flippers anyway!

Sell your Bryllcream shares now - no need with the burger grease !

At least they'll know where to put the onions - Prime central location, next to the Gherkin !

might be a few city bankers headed there too - apparently you get free coke as an employee, ah hang on....

Bom tish

Im here all week, try the fillet o fish

Edited by sbn

I worked at Mcdonalds 1998-2001. Can't say it was a pleasant job but the people are much nicer than those in Estate Agency by and large - and you get free meals!

Free meals , do they take you out to a restraunt , or do they get you somthing delivered.

It's only a matter of time then before real estate novelists deploy their considerable talents of hyperbole to the MacD menus. Expect service speed to suffer as customers are forced to ask for a pan-fried noisette of 100% prime, moist ground, mechanically-separated, canine filet, served on a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce and chiquita tomatoes, topped with zesty dill pickles and served in a traditional, soft-crust, white-bread bun, browned to perfection and dusted with strong white flour.

Edited by Sledgehead

Aren't we underestimating McDonalds and their staff here?

Why on earth would McD's employ a single EA? What possible qualifications would an EA have for a job where hard work, half-decent interpersonal skills, an ability to use their initiative, and a genuine desire give people what they bloody well asked for, are prerequisites...?! :blink:

Reminds me of being a Recruitment Consultant in the late 80's (yeah, I know, I got a proper job soon after :P ) when we were inundated with idiots from the City who'd been fired. They'd ring up all smarmy and cocky, replying to ads, and then get abusive when we told them they didn't have the base qualifications for a Sales Trainee job, selling bog-paper to supermarkets - that was only paying £11.5K a year and a Cavalier.

At that point they'd get all cocky and ask what we had that would pay them the £100K a year (at the time) they were used to "earning."

Cue Tumbleweed......

Can see it happening again very soon. I hope they saved some of those bonuses somewhere safer than up their noses :lol:

B

yep the worst part of the job was the smell afterwards. Quite frequently I would go to the pub afterwards - thank god this was the days before the smoking ban and the smell just mixed in with everything else...

I actually stayed slim during this time, no idea how given the 40 nuggets per shift that I got through.

Anyway, McDonalds is a job which is better than no job.

Key words are "Better than no job" a McJob is preferable than no job at all. Clearly you weren't a single parent at the time, if you had been then you'd need £30 pa, to make getting off benefits worth while. SAD BUT TRUE!

Are you sure EA's would be capable of working in McDonalds? Misrepresenting their wares with photography are common similarities.

MSE could have threads with ex-EAs and other bulls complaining about not being able to shift any burgers, with people offering helpful suggestions like 'perhaps if you re-arranged the gherkins and lettuce outside the burger, you might get more interest' or 'the sesame seeds look dated - perhaps that's what's putting people off'....'I'm not dropping the price below £1.49, it's worth every penny of that' etc.

MSE could have threads with ex-EAs and other bulls complaining about not being able to shift any burgers, with people offering helpful suggestions like 'perhaps if you re-arranged the gherkins and lettuce outside the burger, you might get more interest' or 'the sesame seeds look dated - perhaps that's what's putting people off'....'I'm not dropping the price below £1.49, it's worth every penny of that' etc.

:lol::lol::lol:

I lust laughed milk through my nose!