House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jimi

Petition The Government!

With all the news and speculation of the Government's ridiculous plans to reinvigorate the housing market, I decided it was time for a petition.

Having trundled to the no.10 website I discovered there is already a petition about HPI - http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Homes4Brits/ so please add your names to that.

However, I wanted to specifically petition the Government to stop trying to reinvigorate the housing market. Before putting it online I thought I'd take some views from you guys on my suggested petition:

"I petition the Government to stop intervening to reinvigorate the housing market.

House prices have risen beyond the affordability of those seeking to enter the housing market. The long term trend is that house prices are 3.5 times average income. They now well exceed this. The levels of debt required to enter the housing market are unacceptable, and Government initiatives should not be available to try and maintain this. The vast majority of people who currently own property will not suffer as a result of a further reduction in house prices. The Government should prioritise the interests of those people seeking to buy a home, not those who see property as an investment.

The housing market must be allowed to continue its current downward movement and return to long term trend prices, without the intervention of the state."

I'd love to hear what you think and get any feedback before I post it. Then when I do please show your support!!!!!

Thanks.