House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

The Ads On This Site Is Someone Taking The Pi55?

https://www.providentpersonalcredit.com/app...ric%20borrowing

Example: Loan amount: £300

56 weekly repayments of £9

Total amount payable £504

Typical 183.2% APR

From an ad being served on here??

Do they actually think they are going to get much business from here????

Don't the people running the site know how to filter ads, surely the whole point of the ads is to raise revenue?

https://www.providentpersonalcredit.com/app...ric%20borrowing

From an ad being served on here??

Do they actually think they are going to get much business from here????

Don't the people running the site know how to filter ads, surely the whole point of the ads is to raise revenue?

Most of the adverts appearing here are plain Google Adsense adverts. Google filters these mainly based on your textual content and to be honest the revenue from just one website is minimal. If I have taken the trouble to get you to one of my websites why oh why would I tempt you to click away for 50cents a click LOL.

As for the owners of this site and judging by how many errors it gives IPS Drive etc etc I would say either they or their webmaster/server admin have no clue how to run a website. Either that or they are with a really crap hosting company.

Edited by Soul Reaver

I've been told that the business model of the owner is to create web sites that have sufficient traffic to generate advertising revenue. Apart from advertising I understand there is no other source of income.

I don't think its compulsory for the owners to care about the revenue provided to those who advertise (so long as the site's of sufficient benefit that they will advertise) , or to care about the topic of the site (so long as it gets good traffic). However I imagine the subject of their sites will generally be close to the heart of some of the employees of the owner.

The owners run a large variety of web sites so its likely they're competent. Down time presumably reduces income so would be avoided, perhaps with priority given to sites that generate most income. Site errors might imply the site is not a priority to the owners. Protect HPC, click on those ads ;)

has anyone else noticed all teh loan ads have gone from the tv ???

just a few years ago it was purple loans. wonderloands. loan twatters direct....

all thats remaining are these sharky loans and a few credit card companies.

has anyone else noticed all teh loan ads have gone from the tv ???

just a few years ago it was purple loans. wonderloands. loan twatters direct....

all thats remaining are these sharky loans and a few credit card companies.

Don't worry of these crap ads will soon be replaced by wondrous ads telling you how to go bankrupt, it will be the new boom industry.