House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dancer7

Where Do Non-tory Voters Go Now?

As a non-Tory voter what are my options? New Labour has turned out to be a mark2 Tory party and the Liberal Democrats a mark3 Tory party. There is virtually no difference between the mainstream political parties...is this the end of democracy? I know that there are fringe parties but this does not mean we have a real meaningful choice. As well as the end of democracy is it also the end of idealism? No democracy, no idealism...just hedonism.

As a non-Tory voter what are my options? New Labour has turned out to be a mark2 Tory party and the Liberal Democrats a mark3 Tory party. There is virtually no difference between the mainstream political parties...is this the end of democracy? I know that there are fringe parties but this does not mean we have a real meaningful choice. As well as the end of democracy is it also the end of idealism? No democracy, no idealism...just hedonism.

vote fringe ? , or setup your OWN political party perhaps...

I suspect many are voting BNP as the 3 main parties are all in bed togeather and this good cop, bad cop ploy has been played just a little to often for people not to see it.

Does anyone think the Cons will cut petrol tax ?

We will just get the blame game for another ten years and if you want to harm labour then vote for them so they don't have the excuse of blaming the cons.

Democracy is not working.

I agree. Look at crime, for example. Its a mess and nothing is done. Just read the story about the woman being thrown onto the railway track today. Below are hundreds of comments from people saying "when is something going to be done, why won't government just get tough" etc We're all so fed up with it.

Also, people may claim that benefits culture doesn't really exist but I am aware of a few people just in my own sphere on benefits full time and they really live a life of riley while we slog at work.

I don't know who to vote for. Tories don't seem to have changed. Bunch of self serving gits with no policies.