House Price Crash Forum
deflation

Krusty On Radio 5 Live Now!

Why does she still bother? Even she can`t think prices can rise again?

Her career depends on it. Don't ever think she is interested in First Time Buyers or home ownership. She is an upmarket estate agent who wants prices to rise to increase her commission. She deals with the rich and thinks that by talking about Stamp Duty she is doing her bit for the community.

Her career depends on it. Don't ever think she is interested in First Time Buyers or home ownership. She is an upmarket estate agent who wants prices to rise to increase her commission. She deals with the rich and thinks that by talking about Stamp Duty she is doing her bit for the community.

Now, I'm not the brightest tool in the box and I'm lazy as well, but if I was Ms Alsopp, I would be trying my hardest to diversify and find other revenue streams. If you're an established telly personality, it can't be that difficult, I would have thought, to start branching out into other areas related to house sales (eg, programmes on antiques, historic homes, interior design, how to run the perfect dinner party, etc). Ms Beeney's already been doing this with her dating website, for example.

Unless I'm wrong and Ms Alsopp is like Alan Partridge, desperately trying to interest telly producers in programmes like 'Monkey Tennis' and 'Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank'.

She just won't let go of HPI, which makes me think she is either incredibly stupid, or is so in thrall to her property developer husband that she won't dare admit anything's wrong.

Now, I'm not the brightest tool in the box and I'm lazy as well, but if I was Ms Alsopp, I would be trying my hardest to diversify and find other revenue streams. If you're an established telly personality, it can't be that difficult, I would have thought, to start branching out into other areas related to house sales (eg, programmes on antiques, historic homes, interior design, how to run the perfect dinner party, etc). Ms Beeney's already been doing this with her dating website, for example.

I don't see why she'd even need to. There are still plenty of people out there who are interested in buying houses if they can get it for the right price. I for one would be very interested in watching a series of Location, Location where Phil and Kristy help people find the right house and then drive a really hard bargain getting 20%+ off the asking price. And heading to the repossession auctions to see if there is better value there. And with the potential buyers being encouraged to walk away if they aren't getting value.

If that type of house purchase was on TV every Wednesday night it would send the message out that sellers need to lower their expectations.

I don't see why she'd even need to. There are still plenty of people out there who are interested in buying houses if they can get it for the right price. I for one would be very interested in watching a series of Location, Location where Phil and Kristy help people find the right house and then drive a really hard bargain getting 20%+ off the asking price. And heading to the repossession auctions to see if there is better value there. And with the potential buyers being encouraged to walk away if they aren't getting value.

If that type of house purchase was on TV every Wednesday night it would send the message out that sellers need to lower their expectations.

Yep I'd watch that, perhaps even volunteer to go on it to buy my much needed home.

Not sure though if she has a clue about how to 'negotiate a bargain'. She just wants to be able to give her opinion on the value of the property and everyone to accept her 'expert' opinion as being correct. She does not understand the current market. Like all estate agents she lives in cloud coockoo land.

Not sure though if she has a clue about how to 'negotiate a bargain'. She just wants to be able to give her opinion on the value of the property and everyone to accept her 'expert' opinion as being correct. She does not understand the current market. Like all estate agents she lives in cloud coockoo land.

She has more chance of learning how to negotiate than she does of re-inflating the market. :P

I'd watch a program with her in, if it involved her crying unconsolably into her hands as bailifs remove all the belongings from her home as the repossesed repossesed repossesed sign hammered into the ground.

if I was Ms Alsopp, I would be trying my hardest to diversify and find other revenue streams. If you're an established telly personality, it can't be that difficult, I

Now if she was to go on `I'm a celebrity....' I might be tempted for the first time in my life to vote in the bushtucker challenge bit.

Y

Now if she was to go on `I'm a celebrity....' I might be tempted for the first time in my life to vote in the bushtucker challenge bit.

Y

nice thought - though to be fair she looks like she eats just about everything there is already

Almost everyone who called in up to 12:00 said it was a bad idea. Turns out they are considering 'deferral', NOT removing it. Hmmm, postpone more debt, great one. <_<

The Krusty shrill nearly deafenend me, I think that I need a lie down after that.

Just think if you were Krusties partner and you left the toilet seat up, you would get a right ear basing, having said that you could always blame that on stamp duty too.

Think of all the things you could get away with if you blamed it on stamp duty.......

Edit: for clarity

Edited by the_gent03

its the price of houses that's the problem, and banks know that. And that's why banks wont lend money on them, unless you put a decent wedge down

Edited by Catch22