House Price Crash Forum
DementedTuna

House Prices To Rise 30% Over Next 3 Years

Just when you thought that the recent "25% up over 5 years" front page of the sun would top the league of insane forecasts, this one comes along, courtesy of the CEBR and the Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...s-forecast.html

I mean seriously, even the most MEWed-up fool can see that that particular forecast is beyond laughable.

That said, they are also predicting a massive BoE interest rate cut, so maybe they're counting on hyperinflation for the next housing boom? ;)

Edited by DementedTuna

The Express too, but that about it I think. Just smacks of desperation really.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/55452/...-credit-crunch-

Property prices are set to soar within the next four years as demand outstrips supply, it was predicted yesterday.

Property experts were delighted by the report, saying it now provided some hope for home owners battered by high interest rates, rising bills and a lack of lending in the credit crunch.

David Newnes, managing director of Your Move estate agents, said: “This is the first good news for home owners that we’ve heard in months.

“There is a shortage of homes in the UK, a burgeoning population and not enough new homes are being built, so the laws of supply and demand mean house prices are sure to pick up in a year or so.”

Seamus Kavanagh, of estate agents Townends Regents, said: “For home owners this should give them the confidence that what we are experiencing should be short-lived.

“For anyone currently moving or thinking of moving, they are likely to benefit from the positive price re-adjustment going back the other way – that is, upwards.”

Edited by Turnbull2000

“For anyone currently moving or thinking of moving, they are likely to benefit from the positive price re-adjustment going back the other way – that is, upwards.”

Is that the reverse of negative house-price growth?

If that guy comes anywhere near me I know exactly where his positive price re-adjustment's going.

The Express too, but that about it I think. Just smacks of desperation really.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/55452/...-credit-crunch-

I wonder if dirty Des comes around the Express office every night bullying the editors to put a story about 'BOOMING HOUSE PRICES' in...that newspaper is beyond a joke and any journo working for it should be ashamed.

I suppose now that the "experts" at Inside Track have left the stage their place has been taken by others. Funny how the "invest in property" message is exactly the same. Can the newspapers not distinguish between news and advertising any more?

Seamus Kavanagh, of estate agents Townends Regents, said: “For home owners this should give them the confidence that what we are experiencing should be short-lived.

I think the credibility that Seamus is experiencing should be short-lived. Anyone thinking of moving will be horrified that the gap between themselves and their desired house is experiencing some re-adjustment going back the other way. That is ... ehm ... feck me, where am I?

I wonder if dirty Des comes around the Express office every night bullying the editors to put a story about 'BOOMING HOUSE PRICES' in...that newspaper is beyond a joke and any journo working for it should be ashamed.

Perhaps he has photos of them.

Back top the 30% increase on house prices, I'll have 5 while I can still afford them.

Just when you thought that the recent "25% up over 5 years" front page of the sun would top the league of insane forecasts, this one comes along, courtesy of the CEBR and the Daily Mail.

I mean seriously, even the most MEWed-up fool can see that that particular forecast is beyond laughable.

That said, they are also predicting a massive BoE interest rate cut, so maybe they're counting on hyperinflation for the next housing boom? ;)

I may have missed it, but I can't see any names on these "predictions", except an estate agent! ;)

Time: 1945

Place: Berlin.

Who: Goebels

What: We are winning the war, the tide is turning in our favour we just have to have faith in our glorious Fuehrer.

"War can be won or lost depending upon the effectiveness of the propaganda that is disseminated. However, no war was ever won by propaganda where it comes too late in the day and after all around has collapsed in a pile of rubble for everyone to see."

Burgeoning population?

Is that why Universities are expecting a large demographic shortfall in 18 year olds and a resulting drop in Student numbers affecting their incomes over the next 10 years.

So can someone tell me the answer to this.

The Centre for Economics and Business Research is a commercial organisation.

Either they produced this as marketing - their webpage says they sometimes say controversial things - i.e they know that it is c**p but are doing it to get attention. In which case the newspapers are fools as all they are doing is providing CEBR advertising for free, that would otherwise be paid for.

Or

Someone else commissioned the ressearch and paid. If it is someone who wanted real valuable price sensitive information, the last place it would appear is in the press - so its value must be in publication. I.e it has to VI spin. The question is whose? A commercial organisation or government?

So who paid for this. And shouldn't we be told when the press publish it.

COurse, Darling just admitted on the airwaves that things are going to stay bad and the market needs help

Square that circle if you can Mr Daily Mail

Time: 1945

Place: Berlin.

Who: Goebels

What: We are winning the war, the tide is turning in our favour we just have to have faith in our glorious Fuehrer.

"War can be won or lost depending upon the effectiveness of the propaganda that is disseminated. However, no war was ever won by propaganda where it comes too late in the day and after all around has collapsed in a pile of rubble for everyone to see."

"I can say, and I am responsible for what I am saying, that they have

started to commit suicide under the walls of Baghdad. We

will encourage them to commit more suicides quickly."( BTL Landlords)

"I can assure you that those villains will recognize, will discover in appropriate time in the future how stupid they are and how they are pretending things which have never taken place." (VI property managers)

"The American press is all about lies! All they tell is lies, lies and more lies!"(Krusty and her like)

"I have detailed information about the situation...which completely proves that what they allege are illusions . . . They lie every day."(Nu Labour)

Iraqi Information Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf Perhaps hes now moved into BTL

..the demand for new housing continues from groups such as divorcees and immigrants.

So the future prosperity of Daily Heil readers depends on more divorce and immigration?

Shortage of property again,There was a shortage last year, there,s plenty now but there will be a shortage again in two years, Yeh that old chestnut again.

People cannot afford to buy now,or afford to payback what they owe now,Thats why we are in this mess now

Guest Winnie

This CEBR nonsense and the stamp duty "leak" is all timed for the run up to Halifax data on Thursday? - which will undoubtedly be the worst set of figures so far.........

If anyone buys a house after being swayed by this "article" then they deserve all they get. :o

Expect to see plenty more nonsense like this from VI's as the market goes downwards and downwards to the bottom.....................

I really think someone ought to take the Express to task for this. It is blatant ramping and what is worse, it is touting this story as the truth, check this out, and extract from the article "By 2012, the price of an average house price will have spiralled to £226,000". The key word there is WILL. How can they say that prices will have risen by that much? In fact, how can they say prices will rise at all when all indications are that prices will continue dropping at least for the next couple of years as banks do not have the funds to lend. I also do not agree with the supply/demand imbalance argument. The Europeans are going home and with the glut of new build shoe boxes which developers cannot sell, I would say the argument has now reversed, too much supply and no demand.

Secondly, (and in my opinion the most important part of the argument), house prices have only risen to the absurd levels of recent years on the back of lax lending (ridiculous multiples, 125%, liar lones etc) and banks have now been bitten on the bum. They will not rush into that sort of lending again so unless wages increase to an average salary of somewhere in the region of £50,000.00 pa, the only way for house prices to go is down as Joe Public will not be in a position to secure a mortgage.

Finally, why do these 'experts' still see high house prices as being a good thing? When looking on most HYS forums, the concensus now seems to be that people want lower prices as they now are starting to see the light and are recognising that high prices are damaging to the economy in the long run and to people's well being.

So can someone tell me the answer to this.

The Centre for Economics and Business Research is a commercial organisation.

Either they produced this as marketing - their webpage says they sometimes say controversial things - i.e they know that it is c**p but are doing it to get attention. In which case the newspapers are fools as all they are doing is providing CEBR advertising for free, that would otherwise be paid for.

Or

Someone else commissioned the ressearch and paid. If it is someone who wanted real valuable price sensitive information, the last place it would appear is in the press - so its value must be in publication. I.e it has to VI spin. The question is whose? A commercial organisation or government?

So who paid for this. And shouldn't we be told when the press publish it.

What a good post, it shows the article to be nothing more than contrived sh!t.